It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

16 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Makes you appreciate Darvin Adams even more. 

When mathews misses you think he coulda almost just made a hero play. Like Milt would have. Darvin doesn't have the size and strength but makes more hero plays. Mathews makes physically out matched plays. 

Can't wait for him to be healthy again

Honestly I'd rather they trade Nichols and a 1st rounder to BC for Reilly and then cut Reilly at the end of the season.   Make one push for the grey cup and move on with Strev and McGuire next season.

More likely scenarios though...

Keep Nichols as starter and ride him for the season...

Give Nichols two more starts and if the output is the same ... game three they start Streveler. 

Tandem the QB's giving them split time.... doubt that they will do this though.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Classic Bomber team win, whether it's Medlock kicking 5 FG's, the D causing multiple turnovers, ST returns, or Harris carrying the O on his back, it's all good for the W.

Maybe the QB  can win the playoff games we need when we need them...... more than one in one year 

I've read every comment on this thread, and really folks, nothing is going to change. Nichols is our starter, end of story. Our offence is far too predictable, and when we didn't do the predictable thing at the end and put in Streveler we moved the ball. Why?? Because Calgary now had to divide their attention between Harris and Streveler. 

I blame a lot of our troubles on coaching. And like someone said, if two of those deep balls get caught, everything changes.

Don't know where Matts game has gone but the inconsistency is glaring...Just like in the T.O. game when the game was on the line, and we needed to move the ball in the late going, he comes up short...His inability to run is hurting his game...He looks scared to throw deep and as well take off when the opportunity presents itself...Something has to change

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Wasn't a drop. That ball to be over the other shoulder between the wr and the sideline. Not between the wr and the db. He put Mathews in a bad and dangerous position. 

Agree. Streveler hasn't shown to be ready as a passer yet . And they won't make that change any time soon. 

Correct. It was a good play by the Calgary defender, not a drop by Matthews.

I don't agree with you about Streveler though, he just needs more game speed reps running the full offensive package to show what he can do. He's got a strong arm and can throw on the run.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

I have an immense respect for your football knowledge and posts. This doesn’t tell 1/10th of the story today and you know it. 

yeah, he never saw the field in the first half because of the special teams either taking it to the house or fumbling it. Blame the **** defense in the first half for no Nichols stats. Dude was fine tonight, circumstances made him look worse than he actually was. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

yeah, he never saw the field in the first half because of the special teams either taking it to the house or fumbling it. Blame the **** defense in the first half for no Nichols stats. Dude was fine tonight, circumstances made him look worse than he actually was. 

Really bad luck for Nichols that we scored two punt return TDs on the drives where he was going to march the team down the field himself. Just really terrible timing for him. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

Really bad luck for Nichols that we scored two punt return TDs on the drives where he was going to march the team down the field himself. Just really terrible timing for him. 

Look at the time of possession, and that's even with prolonged periods of **** D. Nichols moved the ball well enough when he was out there. Yeah the throw late to Wolitarsky was bad, but it was literally one throw. 18/22 with 2 that could have been caught, the guy wasn't bad, just in a situation where he didn't have a lot of opportunities to move the ball early. 

But like I have been saying all week, some people won't ever look at thing objectively when it comes to Nichols. He just sucks to them. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

I have an immense respect for your football knowledge and posts. This doesn’t tell 1/10th of the story today and you know it. 

I didn't even watch the game, other priorities called my name, sounds like Janrioin Grant can play. Thanks for the love though ;)

21 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I've read every comment on this thread, and really folks, nothing is going to change. Nichols is our starter, end of story. Our offence is far too predictable, and when we didn't do the predictable thing at the end and put in Streveler we moved the ball. Why?? Because Calgary now had to divide their attention between Harris and Streveler. 

I blame a lot of our troubles on coaching. And like someone said, if two of those deep balls get caught, everything changes.

So Calgary didn't have to divide their attention between Harris and Nichols?  Wonder why...  I guess Nichols is no threat... and that's the problem... turtled on his 2nd down run earlier in the game instead of trying to make the necessary yardage... not something you'd see from Streveler.  It's scary when the Bombers have the lead in the 2nd half and Nichols is in his play-not-to-lose mode.   And if two of those deep balls get caught, everything changes... perhaps... but if the Stamps made two more plays that they didn't, perhaps they win.  This team is going to need a lot more production from the QB to win another Grey Cup, so the sooner Streveler is anointed the starter, the sooner we'll find out whether he's up for the task.  With Matt, the writings on the wall.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Look at the time of possession, and that's even with prolonged periods of **** D. Nichols moved the ball well enough when he was out there. Yeah the throw late to Wolitarsky was bad, but it was literally one throw. 18/22 with 2 that could have been caught, the guy wasn't bad, just in a situation where he didn't have a lot of opportunities to move the ball early. 

But like I have been saying all week, some people won't ever look at thing objectively when it comes to Nichols. He just sucks to them. 

You can’t say the two deep balls should have been caught and discount the 10 or so checkdowns to Harris or Demski. That’s the problem with Nichols and it will always be the problem. It’s why he can’t and didn’t move the ball late in the game when they could have ended the game with a few first downs and it’s why most people who have seen this movie over and over again didn’t expect him too. I don’t want Nichols to suck. I want nothing more than this team to have a great QB and win the Grey Cup. But expecting that to be Nichols is a fool’s errand. Some people will support him because there’s an understandable fear of the unknown but the guy is done. 

1 minute ago, seamack3 said:

So Calgary didn't have to divide their attention between Harris and Nichols?  Wonder why...  I guess Nichols is no threat... and that's the problem... turtled on his 2nd down run earlier in the game instead of trying to make the necessary yardage... not something you'd see from Streveler.  It's scary when the Bombers have the lead in the 2nd half and Nichols is in his play-not-to-lose mode.   And if two of those deep balls get caught, everything changes... perhaps... but if the Stamps made two more plays that they didn't, perhaps they win.  This team is going to need a lot more production from the QB to win another Grey Cup, so the sooner Streveler is anointed the starter, the sooner we'll find out whether he's up for the task.  With Matt, the writings on the wall.

Strevelers record as a starter ain't no screaming hell. He's not as good a passer as Nichols. Yeah he's a better runner, but he's still raw. Needs more time before he's ready to take the reigns. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

You can’t say the two deep balls should have been caught and discount the 10 or so checkdowns to Harris or Demski. That’s the problem with Nichols and it will always be the problem. It’s why he can’t and didn’t move the ball late in the game when they could have ended the game with a few first downs and it’s why most people who have seen this movie over and over again didn’t expect him too. I don’t want Nichols to suck. I want nothing more than this team to have a great QB and win the Grey Cup. But expecting that to be Nichols is a fool’s errand. Some people will support him because there’s an understandable fear of the unknown but the guy is done. 

Yeah but I was talking to Noeller when that late drive was about to happen, we laughed about 2 handoffs to Harris and a punt, we got the one handoff, and yes that throw was a poor throw, but he made good throws the rest of the night. Look at the entirety of the game without your i hate Nichols goggles on and you will see that he was fine. He played the game this team has played for years. The reason this was a close game was entirely because of the defense going pants on head ******** for long stretches of the game. NIchols wasn't amazing, but he managed the game fine. The D was OK at times but complete dog **** at others. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I din't think Nichols was terrible tonight, but he does check down too much. I think he gives up on plays too easily.

It's also been three weeks in a row where we've needed him to make a play late in a game, and he's failed all three times.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I din't think Nichols was terrible tonight, but he does check down too much. I think he gives up on plays too easily.

It's also been three weeks in a row where we've needed him to make a play late in a game, and he's failed all three times.

well we also need the defense to not surrender time killing touchdown drives, but they haven't held up their end of the bargain either.