GDT-Stumps @ Bombers

Nolby

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

TD drives by Offense

Calgary  3  /   Winnipeg  0

So the question becomes, is this a sustainable formula for success or do we have to do something more on offense to continue to be successful?

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Everybody breathe.. 6-2 not 2-6, let’s go! In years past we would have 100 percent lost this game against Calgary. How many last minute games have we lost to them over the years? Let’s take care of business next week and we’re sitting pretty at 7-2!  

Fair point - back in the way we would have said “they played hard, it was a good game, but we lost.”

And as my teacher in grade 6 always said: “if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.” 

58 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True that, if not for the INT- that would have been a game we lost by one point again. Ugh.

"If things happened that didnt happen, things would have turned out different!"

If Maston would have grabbed that dropped int. If Bighill would have not missed the tackle on 2nd down. If Matthew's would have caught the deep pass, if Woli caught that TD, if if if if if if things were different, they'd be different....but they're not.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well the last few years says that what they are doing works.

The last few years we have won a total of 1 playoff game. That's what works for you?

Maybe the problem here is that half of us want to just be competitive and the other half wants to be more than competitive and win championships. 

Isn't it true that the desire to win championships is what has separated Calgary from the rest of the league? If true, I want that for the Bombers. I want us to be the favorite to win the Grey Cup each and every year. 

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It's August 9th.  There's plenty of time to get better.

Is it a question of time or the willingness to do whatever it takes?

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Maybe the problem here is that half of us want to just be competitive and the other half wants to be more than competitive and win championships. 

Isn't it true that the desire to win championships is what has separated Calgary from the rest of the league? If true, I want that for the Bombers. I want us to be the favorite to win the Grey Cup each and every year. 

Right now the bombers are favorites. You cant win championships in August. All you can be is competitive. This team is.

1st half of the season, they've got at least 6 games won. That's a great set up for when the games really start to matter.

27 minutes ago, J5V said:

You have to be crazy to think that “desire” is what sets Calgary apart from the rest of the league.    What kind of crap to you keep spewing around here   

Every other team goes into the office every day thinking what can we do to just be good enough.  

If this is how you really feel people think, I feel sorry for you and the organizations you’ve worked for.  

Everyone doesn’t make the correct decisions or executions, but I can assure you desire is not lacking in this organization. 

When it comes down to only one player which is dropping this team from being dominant to only really good....  it only makes sense that most people would want to fix that one player.

I'd rather come play off time have a team who can still win a game *if* the D and ST are not playing at A+++++ level.   I don't want to depend on stars aligning for us to win the big games. 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Everyone doesn’t make the correct decisions or executions, but I can assure you desire is not lacking in this organization. 

I'm assuming he was referring to the fans.   As in some fans are happy enough to have a team that wins more games then lose.   Other fans can't stand being the runner up and absolutely needs the team to go all in and win the big one. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I'm assuming he was referring to the fans.   As in some fans are happy enough to have a team that wins more games then lose.   Other fans can't stand being the runner up and absolutely needs the team to go all in and win the big one. 

Then why does he claim “desire” is what has set Calgary apart from other teams?

If that was coming from the fans, Winnipeg or Saskatchewan would win every year.  

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Right now the bombers are favorites. You cant win championships in August. All you can be is competitive. This team is.

1st half of the season, they've got at least 6 games won. That's a great set up for when the games really start to matter.

Right now it's an open race. 

41 minutes ago, J5V said:

The last few years we have won a total of 1 playoff game. That's what works for you?

Well 2 of those playoff losses were the defenses doing, and those issues were largely addressed since then. Last season they lost to the stamps but put up a better fight than the red blacks did in the grey cup game so again, losing in Calgary to the best team in the league isn't a total disaster. 

Some people have expectation problems.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Well 2 of those playoff losses were the defenses doing, and those issues were largely addressed since then. Last season they lost to the stamps but put up a better fight than the red blacks did in the grey cup game so again, losing in Calgary to the best team in the league isn't a total disaster. 

Expecting a qb to throw for first downs in the 4th quarter is too much?

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yah... those who think it's great to win just 1 playoff game in 6 years.