GDT-Stumps @ Bombers

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Its early but this game is massive for end of the season positioning. Richie Hall said he counted 43 mental error on defense vs Toronto,let's see if they've corrected those. GO BLUE!!!!!!!

If I am the DC...not sure if I would bring up 43 mental errors.  People might wonder about the coaching.

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

Losing jephcoat is a huge hit to the dline.  We have no one to replace him without experiencing a drop in play. 

Why aren’t we using whitehead as our returner?  

I don't think that's entirely true.

Kongbo is a beast and will only improve as he continues to get his legs under him and acclimatize but the drop off isn't huge.  With Roh, Kongbo and Jefferson off the edge with Nevis and Richardson / Thomas inside .. we have depth here and alignment on this front has been fairly fluid. If anything, our Ends are going to get a few more reps than they might normally (and in the case of Kongbo, that's not a bad thing) and there will be less substitutions.  

After that pitiful performance against the Argos and the TiCats, I'm expecting a fire to be lit under their collective @$$!   

The defence needs to start playing defence.  Cover the flats, actually make a STOP on a 2nd and long for a change.   In other words, BE MENTALLY STRONG AND PREPARED. 

The offence and LaPo needs to establish the run game early and don't stray from it.   Start throwing deep balls to our highest paid receiver, and mix it up with play action.  

I could care less if Nichols throws for 200 yds or 400 yds.    Don't turn the ball over and stop playing scared.   

#ForTheW

1. Bombers are in tough here. Calgary has gotten better with each game and the Bombers' collective confidence has to be shaky after the last two disastrous outings, and it would be fair to wonder if the team still has confidence in Nichols, not to mention the coaches. We are going to see if this edition of the Bombers is resilient. 

We need more then 6 second half carries for Andrew Harris, I need to see Lapo and Nichols stretch the field more and for god sakes let’s stop game planning and playing not to lose. If we’re up by more then ten points at any point I don’t want to see us go into conservative mode. I’m feeling optimistic tonight! 

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Losing jephcoat is a huge hit to the dline.  We have no one to replace him without experiencing a drop in play. 

Why aren’t we using whitehead as our returner?  

i could be wrong but I believe there are 2 people back there (during kickoff, not sure on punts) waiting for the ball. maybe the kicker is kicking it away from whitehead? 

35 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

ST are going to play a big part in the outcome imo. We need to get some good returns and limit Calgary. Calgary has really only given up explosion plays on ST (so they can be vulnerable) and has gotten some big ones themselves (Terry Williams).

Another inexplicable collapse last weekend, the normally sound coverage team allows the previously unproductive Rainey room to romp on both punt and kickoff returns.  😡

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

Its early but this game is massive for end of the season positioning. Richie Hall said he counted 43 mental error on defense vs Toronto,let's see if they've corrected those. GO BLUE!!!!!!!

One or two errors I can see getting corrected but 43? How the hell do you correct 43 errors in a week? That's insane! If we're that effed up on defense at this point in the season we are quite literally screwed. If I'm MOS I'm looking at Richie Hall and saying, are you effing kidding me? 43 errors! Tell me you're effing joking because this is not funny!

16 minutes ago, J5V said:

One or two errors I can see getting corrected but 43? How the hell do you correct 43 errors in a week? That's insane! If we're that effed up on defense at this point in the season we are quite literally screwed. If I'm MOS I'm looking at Richie Hall and saying, are you effing kidding me? 43 errors! Tell me you're effing joking because this is not funny!

Ha! This is also the reason maybe teams and the league limit assistant coaches talking to the media. They're just not as savvy at what not to say. "43 mental errors" doesn't exactly fill me with confidence as a fan. So, you're saying our defense is bad? And I should take out my credit card and buy some tickets? At the very least if I were O'Shea I'd give him a how to speak to the media briefing. Short version - try to tell the fans we're doing great! Buy some tickets! All will be well!

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

maybe he's on the wrong province? 

Nope. It's Windy here by the U of M. 

Very.  Its a big open field.. Wind is happening. It might die down but.. It might not. Enviro Canada has said lots of wrong weather related things recently

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nope. It's Windy here by the U of M. 

Very.  Its a big open field.. Wind is happening. It might die down but.. It might not. Enviro Canada has said lots of wrong weather related things recently

It's windy. I was walking around at lunch and it was blustery in many places. But, EC says it's going to calm down. Certainly no gale force winds.