Pregame talk: Patriots North come to town

White Out

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But they play for other teams so why get all tied up in a knot over that? BLM lost 2 Grey Cups in a row he should have won. The GC loss to Hank was bad enough but to lose to a **** team like the Argos even with Ricky Ray was inexcusable. He has lost to Ottawa in Ottawa in the past in the season opener. Reilly's best days are behind him. He doesn't even look like a leader on the field anymore.  No use wishing for something we don't have & the price to pay to get one of those qbs is way too much.

Agreed. All I'm suggesting is a QB of their calibre would be dynamite with the weapons we have available here. I can't help wishing we had just such a QB because clearly we don't and the one we do have is costing us games. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Are you suggesting that LaPo is calling for 4 yard dump offs to Harris and having all of the receivers running routes as decoys? 

Yeah I am, cause we saw it happen here too with Khari Jones and we saw it with the other QBs he had when he was head coach too. 

Streveler is a different kind of qb, teams defend him differently because he is such a threat to run himself, but defences know that to defend a lapo offense you give em an opening on a dump off that's where you can force the ball. 

Again, I ain't saying Nichols has been great these last 2 games, far from it in fact, but it's also a fact he ain't getting help from the playcalling, especially when Lapo goes into protect the lead mode as he did against Toronto.

I would think that Nichols' ego must be close to being shattered. I also do not think that the collapse of the defence last game was happenstance. I suspect that the rest of the team saw that a) Nichols was incapable of carrying the game b) he was not going to be replaced and c) the Bombers were inevitably going to lose. If you want to see Nichols' standing in the eyes of his team mates, watch what happens when he is decked or comes off the field after a series. If they treat him like he has halitosis, he is done.

44 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would think that Nichols' ego must be close to being shattered. I also do not think that the collapse of the defence last game was happenstance. I suspect that the rest of the team saw that a) Nichols was incapable of carrying the game b) he was not going to be replaced and c) the Bombers were inevitably going to lose. If you want to see Nichols' standing in the eyes of his team mates, watch what happens when he is decked or comes off the field after a series. If they treat him like he has halitosis, he is done.

**** that ****, Nichols offense got the Bombers out to a 20 point lead and then they did what Ritchie Hall defense do on the drive prior to half with a big lead, they played soft prevent D, trouble for them was Toronto didn't make mistakes and it gave Toronto all sorts of momentum, and the Bombers offense went into the patented "don't take risks" mode after that and it further built momentum for the Argos. It's been the knock on Ritche Hall since forever! I can remember reading posts on rider fans where they were pissed off at his prevent defense 10-15 years ago. 

Ritchie Hall's favourite snack:

Vanilla_Soft_Serve_6418l.jpg

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

**** that ****, Nichols offense got the Bombers out to a 20 point lead and then they did what Ritchie Hall defense do on the drive prior to half with a big lead, they played soft prevent D, trouble for them was Toronto didn't make mistakes and it gave Toronto all sorts of momentum, and the Bombers offense went into the patented "don't take risks" mode after that and it further built momentum for the Argos. It's been the knock on Ritche Hall since forever! I can remember reading posts on rider fans where they were pissed off at his prevent defense 10-15 years ago. 

Ritchie Hall's favourite snack:

Vanilla_Soft_Serve_6418l.jpg

That was a pretty poor attempt at Prevent.  Bighill and Wilson were blitzing on like 3 out of 4 plays.

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

We are after all - discussing a QB who did have a 20 point lead 😎

Well the points didn't come from his arm, they came from Harris and the OL whipping the Argos LB's.

Nichols threw one completion in the ENTIRE GAME that travelled more than 12 yards vertically down the field.  Pick any one of Brian Brohm, Robert Marve, Max Hall, Justin Goltz, Joey Elliott...that's the kind of thing we'd be talking about after they started a game.

7 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just know that the Bombers better take advantage if Arbuckle is playing since it could come down to us or Calgary for first place at the end.

It’s going to be interesting - if they finish first they won’t play a game for 3 weeks. 

Stamps fans are sure hedging their bets for the game Thursday. Stamps have a short week 5 days, vs our 7. Interesting because I don't remember reading here a word about our short week against the Ticats bye week.

I swear to god the boner that Calgary fans have for the Jets and Bombers is unbelievable. So weird living in a city where the sports fans (at least online) have this weird anger/hate for the Jets and Bombers.

Edited by White Out

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

Stamps fans are sure hedging their bets for the game Thursday. Stamps have a short week 5 days, vs our 7. Interesting because I don't remember reading here a word about our short week against the Ticats bye week.

I swear to god the boner that Calgary fans have for the Jets and Stamps is unbelievable. So weird living in a city where the sports fans (at least online) have this weird anger/hate for the Jets and Bombers.

I think you meant Flames and Stamps...