Pregame talk: Patriots North come to town

White Out

The greatest organization in the history of the CFL graces Winnipeg with a visit Thursday night.

(tongue in cheek)

So, this is a fairly important game. The differing results are so black and white I can't overstate it enough.

Calgary blows us out: full on panic mode. Reasonably there would be discussion of sinking into a cross over spot if we get dumped on LD and BB. Panic ensues and like a lot of Bomber fans emotionally check out again due to previous  trauma. I include myself in that.

Winnipeg blow out: We are back in sole possession of 1st place and confidence rides high again.

Winnipeg close win: Pretty much the same as above.

Calgary close win: You know what? It doesn't matter the spread of the win or loss. This game is literally going to determine the mental health of our fanbase.

******* WIN THE GAME Bombers. God damn it.

Based on the last two games we are trending in the wrong direction and I don't like our chances. Lifetime we are 92 wins vs 111 losses against Stamps. O'Shea's record is  50W vs 45L as a head coach while Dickhead who disparages Canadians is 41W vs 11L with 3 Grey Cup appearances in a row. Even with BLM out and with Calgary probably having less talent than the Bombers overall, we seem to have significant deficits at HC QB and DC - and that will be our undoing. Stumps by 18.

Edited by Doublezero

21 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

You guys are way too pessimistic

1. We're currently still undefeated at home.

2. CAL comes to town off a short week.

3. Every game starts 0-0, despite what others posters here might be led to believe.

You are so “optimistic” 

40 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

You guys are way too pessimistic

1. We're currently still undefeated at home.

2. CAL comes to town off a short week.

3. Every game starts 0-0, despite what others posters here might be led to believe.

We lost to a terrible team who is was 0-5. 

We played poorly against a back up QB the week before and lost. 

Both games we should have won, if we were a good team. Those two games were games where a good team would have won. 

We are not nearly as good as we think we are. 

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Both games we should have won, if we were a good team. Those two games were games where a good team would have won. 

Players, coaches, both, neither?

When you look at the roster, there sure as spit looks to be the talent there, apart from the QB position. The coaching?.......well, look at the difference new/better  coaching has made for Corey Greenwood and Vernon Adams. And, much as it pains me to say it, Cody Fajardo.

Edited by Tracker

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agree to disagree I guess, in both games, we were very much so in the game until the final whistle, people need to realize the other team is trying to win the game as well.

The Hamilton game was some really bad offense combined with a terrible start... the last 3 quarters were a wash really.

Toronto? Christ  no one on offense was good. The 2nd down after Jeffersons fumble there was a drop for what would have been a 1st down. Nichols was bad, but so were the receivers.

I'd like to think we will win @ home next, because the alternative is ****. Pure ****. And **** Stamps fans. They're nearly Rider fan bad. Minus the general knowledge and passion Rider hooligans have.

Edited by White Out

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

There is no way to predict which Bomber team will show up on Thursday, but we can be assured that the Stamps will play well. Its a bit early to say that this is a must-win game but its pretty darned close to that.

In some sense it might be a "must-win" game for Nichols. If he poops the bed and the boo birds come out...it could take him 5-6 games to rebound...and by that time our chance at 1st place may be gonzo

15 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

In some sense it might be a "must-win" game for Nichols. If he poops the bed and the boo birds come out...it could take him 5-6 games to rebound...and by that time our chance at 1st place may be gonzo

As Drew Willy demonstrated, past a certain point, many people do not rebound from and emotional beating. The "learned helplessness" syndrome kicks in and they are done.

7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Or as bad as you think we are.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I would totally agree with you if we lost to a Masoli led team and a team that is the worst in the league. Also, how we lost both games. 

But who we lost to and how we lost... not top tier.

**** happens. It's what they do after that counts. If they keep losing then maybe...Not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Its tough until more teams have played each other but based on what I've seen so far ...

1st Tier - Calgary, Hamilton

2nd Tier - Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Montreal

3rd Tier - Ottawa, Toronto, B.C.

We could find ourselves bottom Tier if we keep losing to the Torontos of the league and Montreal and Sask beat us. We could be hanging on to a top Tier spot due to our hot start but unfortunately we've gone ice cold like Matt Nichols' arm.