Game Day Thread- Bombers at Arblows

Nolby

53 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Handling who's starting at QB should not be his job, that should land squarely on LaPolice and if he can't figure it out either maybe we need to go out and get Calvillo or another ex quarterback who understands the position at the end of the season to be our new offensive coordinator.

Wait, so you actually believe that O’Shea wants to pull the starter but Lapo is overruling  him? 

I doubt that MOS would have won a 3rd down ball placement challenge. I can't remember any coach winning one. Better to keep the challenge for something that's winnable.

Bighill led the team in tackles with 10. He was much better this week than he was last week. I expect him to be back to his old self soon.

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I doubt that MOS would have won a 3rd down ball placement challenge. I can't remember any coach winning one. Better to keep the challenge for something that's winnable.

Bighill led the team in tackles with 10. He was much better this week than he was last week. I expect him to be back to his old self soon.

Still saw too many bad angles and missed tackles, from a guy of this calibre...

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Challenging the spot of the ball almost never works but I have never seen a ball spotted so unfairly before. The ref took the ball and placed it two feet ahead of where the pile ended up. On a fumbled snap no less. It was clearly a terrible spot.

They were talking about this on TSN radio this morning.  Everything about that sequence was rushed.  It clearly looked short on TV.    Nevis was shocked they called it a first down.  The radio guys were saying that MOS should have challenged...  Even if he lost it it could have stemmed the momentum the Argos were gaining.   Tsn radio was speculating the call was rushed was because of the double header.  The CFL wanted this game over quickly so the focus shifts to the ticats - riders game.   Let the conspiracy theories begin! 

4 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

They were talking about this on TSN radio this morning.  Everything about that sequence was rushed.  It clearly looked short on TV.    Nevis was shocked they called it a first down.  The radio guys were saying that MOS should have challenged...  Even if he lost it it could have stemmed the momentum the Argos were gaining.   Tsn radio was speculating the call was rushed was because of the double header.  The CFL wanted this game over quickly so the focus shifts to the ticats - riders game.   Let the conspiracy theories begin! 

TSN Radio is stupid. The spot was ridiculous but there is no way that they were going to overturn it. They don't care about the start of the next game when they have a close game. It's not as though you can't just change the channel. 

5 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

The other issue is that MBT fumbled and one of the OL recovered.  By rule they can’t advance the ball from where MBT lost it unless he recovers it or the Bombers clearly possess it.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

TSN Radio is stupid. The spot was ridiculous but there is no way that they were going to overturn it. They don't care about the start of the next game when they have a close game. It's not as though you can't just change the channel. 

Fair enough...my point (and the radios) was that it was very suspicious how quickly things were handled.   Kim Murphy seemed like he was ready to signal first down before the chains were fully set.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The other issue is that MBT fumbled and one of the OL recovered.  By rule they can’t advance the ball from where MBT lost it unless he recovers it or the Bombers clearly possess it.

Again something doesn't add up.   There's no way that was a first down.  But it's CFL officiating at its finest.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Is this a fact? 

Well considering how terrible the officiating was last night... I am not surprised if they missed that.

31 minutes ago, do or die said:

Still saw too many bad angles and missed tackles, from a guy of this calibre...

Hall was completely emptying the flats - either sending Wilson play after play or dropping Gaitor way back...

The D scheme this year is really off...  Hall seems to be relying too much on pressure that isn't there - assuming that talent of the DL will just overcome the oppositions OL every down - without running real stunts or anything to keep them off balance

Bighill being used as a hurlbacker way too much this year - D might also be hampered by the fact that Hecht doesn't have the speed to blitz ever...

20 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is this a fact? 

Well considering how terrible the officiating was last night... I am not surprised if they missed that.

Yes only way to advance a fumble like that is if it’s fumbled into the end zone, if someone else on the O recovers it’s a TD...rest of the field it goes back to where ball was fumbled if it’s fumbled forward.

Imagine being Andrew Harris and watching Nichols "manage" a 20-0 lead yesterday. I feel absolutely sick for the guy. Bleeds blue and gold and plays his guts out every game only to have all his hard work frittered away. Can you imagine this team without Andrew Harris? 

I get that MOS is some kind of Bomber demi-god beyond reproach on this forum but wow, people elsewhere looking his way this morning wondering what he is doing (or not doing) and what the hell is up with his team. When it comes to pulling Matt (Game Manager) Nichols, he's no longer being called stubborn. "Dumb" is the word I see being used. Can't disagree. At least Chamblin was smart enough to challenge the officials when they screwed up last night and for that I'll say we were out-coached. Carrying equipment bags and smirking on the sidelines lost it's appeal for most Bomber fans long ago. Six years in and he's as dumb as ever. He got the benefit of the doubt when he didn't have a lot of good players but that is no longer the case. This team's collection of talent rivals any in the league so there's no more excuses. A good head coach would have this team at 7-0. I wonder what Marc Trestman is doing.

Speaking of coaches, Lapo needs to go. His brand of quirky madness is costing this team games and that's not acceptable. Two-and-Out check-downs is not a good game plan when you're up 20-0. There's a reason he's been fired from every gig he's had and it needs to happen again. Put Buck Pierce in there. No way he could be worse.

Marc Trestman, Buck Pierce, Richie Hall. I can dream. But reality is, I'm just embarrassed. 

1 hour ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Wait, so you actually believe that O’Shea wants to pull the starter but Lapo is overruling  him? 

maybe try reading that again and put your glasses on this time. 

1. I said picking the starting QB should not be the job of a head coach who has almost nothing else to do with the offence.

2. The OC should take all responsibility for offence performance, hence being the one to select the starting quarterback.

42 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes only way to advance a fumble like that is if it’s fumbled into the end zone, if someone else on the O recovers it’s a TD...rest of the field it goes back to where ball was fumbled if it’s fumbled forward.

The CFL has allowed forward fumbles for years and not just when the ball goes into the end zone.

6 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

maybe try reading that again and put your glasses on this time. 

1. I said picking the starting QB should not be the job of a head coach who has almost nothing else to do with the offence.

2. The OC should take all responsibility for offence performance, hence being the one to select the starting quarterback.

IMHO the Miller-Walters-OShea  braintrust doesn't have a great track record managing the  QB position. They seem not to recognize when change is overdue. Goes back to Drew Willy, same thing.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

“My ancestors were there tonight. I could feel them floating with me and I just let go. When you believe in karmic energy and space and time, everything happens at the same time.” - MBT

Well... there you go.

Holy ****... did we just lose to MBT tripping balls on peyote.

giphy.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

37 minutes ago, J5V said:

Imagine being Andrew Harris and watching Nichols "manage" a 20-0 lead yesterday. I feel absolutely sick for the guy. Bleeds blue and gold and plays his guts out every game only to have all his hard work frittered away. Can you imagine this team without Andrew Harris? 

I get that MOS is some kind of Bomber demi-god beyond reproach on this forum but wow, people elsewhere looking his way this morning wondering what he is doing (or not doing) and what the hell is up with his team. When it comes to pulling Matt (Game Manager) Nichols, he's no longer being called stubborn. "Dumb" is the word I see being used. Can't disagree. At least Chamblin was smart enough to challenge the officials when they screwed up last night and for that I'll say we were out-coached. Carrying equipment bags and smirking on the sidelines lost it's appeal for most Bomber fans long ago. Six years in and he's as dumb as ever. He got the benefit of the doubt when he didn't have a lot of good players but that is no longer the case. This team's collection of talent rivals any in the league so there's no more excuses. A good head coach would have this team at 7-0. I wonder what Marc Trestman is doing.

Speaking of coaches, Lapo needs to go. His brand of quirky madness is costing this team games and that's not acceptable. Two-and-Out check-downs is not a good game plan when you're up 20-0. There's a reason he's been fired from every gig he's had and it needs to happen again. Put Buck Pierce in there. No way he could be worse.

Marc Trestman, Buck Pierce, Richie Hall. I can dream. But reality is, I'm just embarrassed. 

Love Harris but definitely don't feel bad for him.  His fumble took at least 3 points off the board and when we needed a first down near the end to close out the game he couldn't get it done.  I know this wont be popular and yes he put up some huge yards.  But I was really looking for him at the end of the game when we were still up by 6 to help the offence stay on the field and close out the game. 

51 minutes ago, J5V said:

I do feel for Harris. Really amazing the level he's playing at given his age. With that said, why not keep riding that horse after he gets 100 yards first half?! Pretty clear the Argos couldn't stop him. 

And "game manager" at least implies to me that your QB can sustain a 20 point lead with a some time consuming drives. Hey, I've given up on 300 yard games with 3 touchdowns. I'll settle for eating the clock when you're up.

Trestman - are you suggesting him as a coach? I vote hard no. He looked like a shell of his former Calvillo mentor self last couple of opportunities.

Pierce - I'm game to give him a try. Looks like he's in line to get an opportunity somewhere. No idea if he's ready, but I think we've seen peak Lapo.

Hall - he has to go. He had to go two seasons ago. Talk about talent - player by player we're top three in defensive talent in the CFL. No excuse for making MBT look like Aaron Rodgers last night.

Edited by M.Silverback