Game Day Thread- Bombers at Arblows

Nolby

Told the wife half way through the first quarter you could feel it slipping away already. **** this crappy mediocre excuse for a franchise.

Which year was it where we started 4-1 or something and then nosedived for the rest of the year? It was a few years ago. This year feels like that one.

Actually it feels a lot like the Jets last season. A turd wrapped in a mirage.

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Told the wife half way through the first quarter you could feel it slipping away already. **** this crappy mediocre excuse for a franchise.

Which year was it where we started 4-1 or something and then nosedived for the rest of the year? It was a few years ago. This year feels like that one.

Hate to agree but yeah...I hear ya

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Definitely - while at the same time hoping guys like Jefferson and Harris who were dialed in - could carry us to the win in spite of all the crap. 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

2014. Started 5-2 and finished 7-11

Pure comedy those that thought that this year would be any different under Nichols. Like seriously...why? Because we beat up on a few pathetic east division teams? Get a clue. BC played us hard. Edmonton couldn't cash in despite our best efforts to throw the game away, and we beat up on Ottawa and Toronto on home field. Wow. Amazing. Plan the parade. Seriously, get a clue and realize what you're watching.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

ONE ****ing first down after the Jefferson strip/fumble recovery! ONE! And we probably win that game. A team that cant get a first down when it needs it is a pretender and will NEVER win a championship.

Well it was obvious that the first play was going to be an inside hand off to Harris.   I don't understand why they didn't try anything with Whitehead or at least pitch it to Harris.

2nd play was your typical Nichols panics throws a terrible pass that's well short of the first down marker and throws the ball in a crap location where the receiver has to go down to get it.  

Why Matthews isn't getting the call on a 9 yard curl blows my mind. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm also tired of watching our HC on the sidelines show little or no emotion. He needs to be more engaged with the players. If he needs to be a cheerleader then be a cheerleader. If he needs to drop the hammer then do it. But this walking around on the sidelines by himself with a half smirk does nothing.

That’s his character. Would you rather he act out like Maas? 

4 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

That’s his character. Would you rather he act out like Maas? 

Where was his challenge flag on the bad spot on the 3rd down gamble/fumble? Or is that just his character too?

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Where was his challenge flag on the bad spot on the 3rd down gamble/fumble? Or is that just his character too?

Wasn’t that within the last three min of the game? I might be wrong, I thought there was a cutoff (three min or two min?) where you couldn’t challenge with a certain amount of time left. 

7 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Game manager got us here....

In the big picture you're right, he got us to 5-2 after 7 games. Beginning of the year I'd take that.

Yesterday was ****, and I'm sick if Nichols panicked and outlet passes, but...still lots of games to go for the team. Hopefully Streveler starts seeing some significant time. 

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Definitely - while at the same time hoping guys like Jefferson and Harris who were dialed in - could carry us to the win in spite of all the crap. 

Yup.

And that frikkin single point. Had friends over ,whom you know quite well Mr.H. And Peter called it. Said watch that single come back and bite us. Sure enough.

There are several takeaways from last night's game and none of them good.

-Nichols is not good or consistent enough to take the team to the Grey Cup. At this point, he looks as damaged as Willy did in his last days here.

-I have had my doubts about the Bomber coaching and O'Shea in particular and this game confirmed my worst fears. O'Shea is "a players' coach", and in his case this means that he is endlessly and blindly loyal to "his" players. That is going to doom the 2019 Bombers and probably O'Shea's tenure as head coach.

-I have suspected that Walters probably ordered O'Shea to trade Willy and this QB situation sure looks like another such situation.

-What the hell has happened to Bighill? Wilson was way more effective, but, like Nichols, he is allowed to flail around out there without consequence

-This team will probably stagger into the playoffs, and lose out in the first round under Nichols. Probably (ick) to the Riders.

-I am dreading the Labour Day Classic and my brother-in-law's glee once again.

-I thought we had the right stuff this year to challenge for the conference lead all season. Wrong.

-The Riders, Stamps and Alouettes had the acumen to trust backup quarterbacks. O'Shea doesn't.

I have said my piece about O'Shea and the prospects of the team under him, so to avoid sounding like a broken record (remember those?), I will cease from stating that O'Shea has to go. He has made my point for me abundantly. 

8 hours ago, J5V said:

In the time that  the ball placement challenge on 3rd downs has been in place.  I can't remember a coach winning one.   It would have had to be so flagrant to be overturned.  With the game so close Osh probably felt he'd keep it for something more challengable.  I'm not saying he shouldn't have but I understand why he didn't.