CFL Players in NFL Training Camps

M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Zylstra is not having a great camp or first pre season game. I hope for his sake he turns it around and makes the Vikings. But I hope for our sake Walters has been in touch with him and his people. Big upgrade.

Agreed. I have not been impressed with Matthews' efforts or durability. Case in point: Eric Rogers' catch and drive into the end zone. He dragged two Bombers along with him and no one would have blamed him if he went down short of the goal line. I've seen Wolitarsky do this, so it can be done.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. I have not been impressed with Matthews' efforts or durability. Case in point: Eric Rogers' catch and drive into the end zone. He dragged two Bombers along with him and no one would have blamed him if he went down short of the goal line. I've seen Wolitarsky do this, so it can be done.

I thought Matthews would bring a bit more physically too after his time in the NFL where he had to play special teams to stay on the roster.

Zylstra is not having a great camp or first pre season game. I hope for his sake he turns it around and makes the Vikings. But I hope for our sake Walters has been in touch with him and his people. Big upgrade.

It would be good for the league if Hervey could sign him and reunite him with Reilly, they could certainly use his talent in BC.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It would be good for the league if Hervey could sign him and reunite him with Reilly, they could certainly use his talent in BC.

Hervey must be close to desperate these days and afraid to take calls from Mr. Braley.

51 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yes I suspect Hervey and Reilly would go pretty hard after Zylstra. Do they have the cap room? Could cut Carter I suppose. I was hopeful the Bombers could put together a better offer. I’d also be ok cutting Matthews for Zylstra if necessary 

48 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Yes I suspect Hervey and Reilly would go pretty hard after Zylstra. Do they have the cap room? Could cut Carter I suppose. I was hopeful the Bombers could put together a better offer. I’d also be ok cutting Matthews for Zylstra if necessary 

I can't imagine they gave Carter near that kind of money. I can't see them having that kind of room left either short of cutting some one

I'll agree Zylstra is better than Matthews, but we need Matthews as a deep threat... without him, and with Adams currently on the shelf, opposing D's would really come downhill hard on us.

20 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I'll agree Zylstra is better than Matthews, but we need Matthews as a deep threat... without him, and with Adams currently on the shelf, opposing D's would really come downhill hard on us.

Zylstra will replace him as a deep threat. 

But I want to see Adams-Matthews-Zylstra on the roster. 

I guess we're saving some $$$ with Neufeld (2nd stint), Jeffcoat, Alexander & Adams on the 6-gamer. and we have cap space before they even get there. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

47 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If not Zylstra... Marken Michel please.

Marken Michel is only going back to the stamps if he returns.  This is one of the reasons Huff wouldn’t take Bo Levi off the 6 game early. He wanted the salary cap space just in case. 

The only way he doesn’t return is if Singleton is cut first. But Huff thinks he can still sign both if they’re both released and don’t sign on with another team. 

17 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Marken Michel is only going back to the stamps if he returns.  This is one of the reasons Huff wouldn’t take Bo Levi off the 6 game early. He wanted the salary cap space just in case. 

The only way he doesn’t return is if Singleton is cut first. But Huff thinks he can still sign both if they’re both released and don’t sign on with another team. 

is that an insider’s info? or just speculation?