Week Of: Bombers @ Argos

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Also interesting that Lucky isn't returning kicks at all....Jones doing all the return chores.

I'm pretty sure the depth chart the last couple weeks has only had Lucky listed as a receiver. Hasn't affected how he was used in game in the least. I wouldn't read much if anything in to it.

3 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I hope we keep giving Lawler a chance to prove himself and settle in to a role in this offense. After the first Argo game he became somewhat of a polarizing figure around these parts but I like what he brings to the offense as an over the middle compliment to DA/Demski/Matthews.

With Adams on the shelf, Lawler has 6-games to prove himself. Bailey should get a real shot too!

1 minute ago, JCon said:

With Adams on the shelf, Lawler has 6-games to prove himself. Bailey should get a real shot too!

At the very least, even if Matthews balls out the next few weeks with Adams out it will be nice to know where we stand with depth in the receiver corps. As the season goes on, we will likely need to rely on guys like Lawler/Bailey at some point.

Just now, BBlink said:

I might be letting my Lawler fan card speak for me but I think he's a starting receiver for the rest of the year. Whitehead to be more of a utility guy/returner when the dust settles. Still very much utilized tho

Probably depends on how Matthews does over the next few weeks as well. If he struggles, I can see Lawler staying in the lineup when Adams is back. Of course, all of this is based on what we have seen over the last 3 weeks. It's entirely possible he vanishes after a few good games like a lot of import receivers have.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

And half bat-**** crazy.  If he truly believes that, then Collaros isn't the only headcase the Argo's need to be concerned with.

Often times bad pro teams have a lot of good talent. And that confusion can set in. Though what else should he say in his position. Also with his lack of time on active rosters, he may not know the differences between good teams and bad teams. 

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

I think Bailey will be our scratch. Matthews replaces Adams on the active roster, and Bailey will replace Matthews as the scratch.

Or jones. One of the two. Id rather see bailey play. 

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I might be letting my Lawler fan card speak for me but I think he's a starting receiver for the rest of the year. Whitehead to be more of a utility guy/returner when the dust settles. Still very much utilized tho

Whiteheads contribution just by his active threat of speed and how it draws the defense is huge. Its hard to double any one else when you have him running down the seam, faking screens etc. He has an effect on the opposing defense that we havent seen in a very very long time. 

Speaks to depth when you can replace an Adam's with a Matthew's...and in all honesty could be an improvement..no omock on Adam's as he balls it out. But Matthew's if he is dialed in brings more to table 

If Matthew's replaces Adam's.. the new db basically takes Humes DI spot as he slides into Alexander's starting role..I can see us putting Bailey where Walker was as a DI

Be a perfect game to do this and see what he brings..especially with Kongbo on roster

And dont be fooled in thinking he is a DE only due to his size..you think Willie is a freak athlete..Kongbo is probably freakier.. and talking with some peeps I know he wont be out of place rapping in at Will.. he is quick enough and actually has cover skills..his basketball skills allow his quick feet and ability to have them loose hips to turn an go with a reciever/running back

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

I think an argument could be made that they are probably one of the top three teams in Ontario.

Actually, they should be Canada's Football Team. 

Since

Canada=Toronto 

Raptors=Canada's Team

Blue Jays = Canada's Team

Then,

Argos = Canada's Team

We should all feel bad for rooting against them this week.