Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition

It's GAME DAY!!!! BEST OF THE WEST vs Beast of the East (Ed Tait TOTALLY ripped this one off of me - jk)

wpg-vs-ham.jpg?_t=20190531

GAME 6 | WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (5-0) at HAMILTON TIGER-CATS (4-1)
THE 4-1-1
Kickoff: 6 p.m. CT Friday, Tim Hortons Field, Hamilton
TV: TSN, RDS, ESPN+
Radio: 680 CJOB
Vegas line: The Ticats are favoured by two points.
Home/Road: The Bombers are 2-0 on the road this year with wins in Vancouver and Ottawa. Winnipeg is 4-1 in its last five road games, the lone blemish a loss to Edmonton in the 2018 regular season finale in which a number of the team’s starters did not play or had limited reps. Hamilton, meanwhile, is a perfect 3-0 at home this season.
Recent history: The Bombers 5-0 start is the third best in franchise history. The 1960 squad opened with 10 consecutive victories en route to a 14-2 record while the 1939 Bombers rocketed to an 8-0 start, finished the regular season 10-2 and then defeated Ottawa to win the second of the franchise’s 10 Grey Cup championships. The Ticats, meanwhile, have opened with a 4-1 record in their first five games for the first time in 21 seasons.
Series: The Bombers are 64-55-0 all-time vs. Hamilton and 27-32-0 at Ivor Wynne Stadium/Tim Hortons Field.

(With thanks to Ed Tait)

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/07/25/game-preview-wpg-ham-3/

EAVVFDsWwAMBEp2.jpg

EAVUoGcW4AAkKes.jpg

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

you know I am a bomber partisan down to my DNA but after watching the other games this week, I'm just hoping to see a football game between two competent team tonight.

I literally told a friend today that it’s not that I don’t appreciate the Bombers blowing teams out, but I was legitimately bored during the second half of our last two games and the overall quality of football being played this season has been atrocious. I want us to win tomorrow, but it would be nice if we win in a competitive game. I mean, I won’t complain if we have another blowout, maybe just save all the points for the second half and make it look close in the first half. 

Looking forward to tonight’s game. Not only because the Bombers are playing, but also to expunge the memory of those two so called football games last night. Just embarrassing...

Hamilton and Winnipeg are the league’s two highest-scoring teams at 37.4 points per game and 33.8 points per game, respectively

They are tied in points-scored on offence with 157 and each has tallied 21 touchdowns

They top the league in points-allowed: Blue Bombers at 16.0 points per game; Hamilton at 20.0 points per game.

They say the TiCats are two point favourites, but they also say Toronto has a CFL football 🏈 team..

Go, Big Blue..

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Looking forward to tonight’s game. Not only because the Bombers are playing, but also to expunge the memory of those two so called football games last night. Just embarrassing...

Hamilton and Winnipeg are the league’s two highest-scoring teams at 37.4 points per game and 33.8 points per game, respectively

They are tied in points-scored on offence with 157 and each has tallied 21 touchdowns

They top the league in points-allowed: Blue Bombers at 16.0 points per game; Hamilton at 20.0 points per game.

They say the TiCats are two point favourites, but they also say Toronto has a CFL football 🏈 team..

Go, Big Blue..

I've read that the Bombers are two point favourites? 

I am really looking forward to this game for several reasons; the Bombers will have an opportunity to measure themselves against what looks to be a good team, and after watching most of the two games last night, I desperately want a good game to watch. I cannot see many weaknesses in the Bomber lineup, unless Fenner decides to take the night off again. We will see if Masoli targets him right off the bat. 

25 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That is efficiency... damn the Bombers are looking like a "go in, get the job done, leave." Team. A very workman like approach. 

We're also 2nd in the league in rushing yards - Averaging 150 per game vs. 112 for 3rd place.

WPG and MTRL are averaging almost 50% more rushing yards per game than the next 3 teams.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

so if they wanna blow out everyone the rest of the year, they can go right ahead

Kindly Cal didn't have any problem running up the score. I recall there were games where they scored 60. or close to it.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nichols is gonna run up the score tonight..... throw for close to 400 yards .... and send the tiger cats a message about a possible meeting in the playoffs. 

Nope. 299 yards passing at most, maybe 199 but win the game in a managed way. 

26 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Nichols to throw 5 one yard passes to start the game and set he CFL record for passing. All 5 will be TD passes as Lucky will return it to the one every kick off and punt.

Boom.

The Bombers will be up 52 to 6 after the third quarter, but Moss will leave Nichols in, stating after the game "it's the CFL, anything can happen out there" Streveller will take over with two minutes left, and just hand off to Harris.

just realized what "gm" Nichols is.

Edited by Mark F