Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Given that logic... Winston Rose would also have had 5 interceptions in that game?

I have to say I'm usually on your side but this year you really seem to go out of your way to see the doom and gloom side of the Bombers.  It's verging on ridiculous.

Of course Evans is not as good as Masoli but to extrapolate and entire game based on one drive makes no sense at all - Masoli is a Hank/Frank QB too...  he becomes a turnover machine pretty quickly - you just choose to ignore the INT - really strange.

What the heck are you even talking about?

I didn't ignore either Masoli's or Evans Int and what does Rose have to do with Masoli vs Evans anyway?

I'm sure I'm not the only fan who thought that we'd surely win when Masoli went down. 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Seconded....DnB is my new fave poster right now (...but Bigg Jay I still love you...) It was a collective pants shitting. Osh will clean it up and Toronto will get their asses handed to them next week.

You say that like beating Toronto is something to be proud of yourself about. 

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

You say that like beating Toronto is something to be proud of yourself about. 

I'm not sure how that came through the tone of my post. Argos SHOULD be a gimme win and, as TBurg correctly posted, are exactly what a team needs to get their confidence back. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure how that came through the tone of my post. Argos SHOULD be a gimme win and, as TBurg correctly posted, are exactly what a team needs to get their confidence back. 

No, beating a good team is what gives you your confidence back. Beating a **** team does nothing for your confidence. In fact, struggle in that game and your confidence really gets shaky. 

Edited by J5V

Masoli out 5 turnovers..poor chance of winning.

Masoli in 5 turnovers...poor chance of winning.

Masoli out 2 turnovers (like Hamilton)...good chance of winning.

Masoli in 2 turnovers...equal chance of winning.

Masoli in 2 turnovers...physicality advantage Hamilton...good chance of losing.

40 minutes ago, J5V said:

No, beating a good team is what gives you your confidence back. Beating a **** team does nothing for your confidence. In fact, struggle in that game and your confidence really gets shaky. 

You've sure got a strange outlook on life... 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

What the heck are you even talking about?

I didn't ignore either Masoli's or Evans Int and what does Rose have to do with Masoli vs Evans anyway?

I'm sure I'm not the only fan who thought that we'd surely win when Masoli went down. 

It’s not Masoli v Evans - it’s your doom and gloom take on the D not makin any adjustments after the first drive

in he first ten minutes of the game we’d already intercepted masoli - but you suggest he would have destroyed our D

its common knowledge that the first drive of the game is the most likely to succeed and it did...  just tired of your downer angle I guess

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Do you seriously think we should be finding our confidence against the Argos?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The Argos are the free square on the bingo card. We shouldn't be getting filled with confidence for landing there. Anyway, I find you more reasonable than Tburg or I wouldn't have said anything at all.

3 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

And some QB's consistently play bad against great defences and don't rise to the challenge, and don't perform in the clutch. Fact.

Deal with it.

The same guy who played lights out against bc and edm in playoff losses? 

Beat the second best defense last year in the semi? 

Takes a whole team to win playoff games. 

Thats another fact...

14 hours ago, Floyd said:

It’s not Masoli v Evans - it’s your doom and gloom take on the D not makin any adjustments after the first drive

in he first ten minutes of the game we’d already intercepted masoli - but you suggest he would have destroyed our D

its common knowledge that the first drive of the game is the most likely to succeed and it did...  just tired of your downer angle I guess

My whole point is Masoli v Evans. I didn't suggest that the D wouldn't make adjustments, that's on you. I said the hugely superior Masoli would have played better than the greatly inferior Evans.

You trying to extrapolate from a single data point (A pick) and you're not even doing that properly. 1 pick in 10 min = 6 picks in 60 min. I'm using the 2 QB's entire CFL careers to reach my conclusion.

It's also common knowledge that backup QB's with little experience don't play as well as top ranked starters.

You may get tired of what you consider my gloom and doom, but I get equally tired of people making stuff up that I never typed then getting upset about it.

10 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

My whole point is Masoli v Evans. I didn't suggest that the D wouldn't make adjustments, that's on you. I said the hugely superior Masoli would have played better than the greatly inferior Evans.

You trying to extrapolate from a single data point (A pick) and you're not even doing that properly. 1 pick in 10 min = 6 picks in 60 min. I'm using the 2 QB's entire CFL careers to reach my conclusion.

It's also common knowledge that backup QB's with little experience don't play as well as top ranked starters.

You may get tired of what you consider my gloom and doom, but I get equally tired of people making stuff up that I never typed then getting upset about it.

You chimed in with a smarmy negative comment about the D 

Theres nothing made up about it

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Never mind the opponent.  The deal is to just play better, this week.

Bingo. Eliminate the turnovers (the fumbles were just as ugly as the picks, if not more costly due to field position surrendered), clean up the penalties (there were some uncharacteristic ones the other night), and execute better (not just the QB).

The Bombers as a whole went into Hamilton seemingly underprepared, underestimated their opponent, and were promptly punched in the mouth by a fired up home team. That should serve as a wake-up call for them.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bingo. Eliminate the turnovers (the fumbles were just as ugly as the picks, if not more costly due to field position surrendered), clean up the penalties (there were some uncharacteristic ones the other night), and execute better (not just the QB).

The Bombers as a whole went into Hamilton seemingly under-prepared, underestimated their opponent, and were promptly punched in the mouth by a fired up home team. That should serve as a wake-up call for them.

We had all better hope that last Friday was an aberration, particularly on the parts of Nichols and the whole damned O-line. The offence is gonna have to really shine against the hapless Argos to silence the doubters. A bare win will not be good enough.