Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition

The Ti-Cats were way more physical than we were tonight.

The Ti-Cats D knows how to play against Lapo and Nichols. They played a solid game, so hats off to them.

We all know Nichols had a bad game tonight, but I don't think the receivers really helped him out. There were a few times it looked like guys were running the same routes, maybe because of the injuries. We've got work to do.

We got smacked in the mouth, let's see how we respond.

We're on to the Argos.

38 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I don't have much confidence that we can win any important games with Lapo calling the plays.

Fixed it for you. 🙂

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Complaining about the Defense and Andrew Harris. 

This game was a perfect example of why Matt Nichols is not the guy you want to lean on when it counts.   The guy is a very emotional player and when things go bad he unravels and plays scared and falls apart.   I blame the coaches for not sitting Nichols after the first two series and let Streveler play a series to calm the guy down.   

Also Andrew Harris and Lucky Whitehead should of been running a tonne from the get go.  Bad gameplan by LaPo and terrible execution from Nichols.  

Chris Matthews dressing makes no difference when Nichols starts getting excited and either one hops or floats balls into areas where receivers can't make plays.   

8 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

The Ti-Cats were way more physical than we were tonight.

One of Streveller's carries up the middle, ticat d lineman, maybe left end, knocked Chris down like he was a 120 pounder. Then kind of stood over him for a few seconds.

yeah, they were more physical.

Can't really put Nichols in one slot, sometimes he's three td 200 yards guy, sometimes he's three long bombs guy, and sometimes he's three int guy.

Maybe a bit inconsistent.

Ricky Ray, for instance, Mr. Consistent. There aren't really any qb like that in the league at this time.

Hamilton definitely better than I thought.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

well done...Wisers hand clap for you fine sir

Seconded....DnB is my new fave poster right now (...but Bigg Jay I still love you...) It was a collective pants shitting. Osh will clean it up and Toronto will get their asses handed to them next week.

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I guess it’s only human nature to place blame here, there, and everywhere, but talk about 

over

reacting.

It was absolutely a disjointed game..but correctable.

We didn’t play a clean game but Hamilton came to play, didn’t they?

Their DLine exposed our inexperienced OLine and the domino effect only got worse, especially when you start 2 TDs down.

This too shall pass...

(unless it gets intercepted )  🤭

well-said

Do we think this team that has protected the ball so well for the past several years is going to turn the ball over 6 times again this season? Bad game Hamilton took advantage, it happens move on. Not concerned at all. MOS will kick there asses in practise and Toronto will be spanked.

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Complaining about the Defense and Andrew Harris. 

This game was a perfect example of why Matt Nichols is not the guy you want to lean on when it counts.   The guy is a very emotional player and when things go bad he unravels and plays scared and falls apart.   I blame the coaches for not sitting Nichols after the first two series and let Streveler play a series to calm the guy down.   

Also Andrew Harris and Lucky Whitehead should of been running a tonne from the get go.  Bad gameplan by LaPo and terrible execution from Nichols.  

Chris Matthews dressing makes no difference when Nichols starts getting excited and either one hops or floats balls into areas where receivers can't make plays.   

Please give some credit to the TiCat D for playing a great game, you also need to account for missing 3 top receivers, Adams , Woli, and Matthews, that is a lot of size that was not available when needed on a windy day in Hamilton.