Game Day Thread: Week 7- Bombers @ Ticats, Clash of the Titans.Edition

Just now, The Classic said:

That final play, his man sacked Nichols, and Hardrick just walked off field. I'm a fan of the man, but what was that?

A guy who just got beat on a play. Hes pissed off. O got owned today. Hardrick is not happy. Maybe If u want drama here instead, its cuz hes had enough of Nichols but its nothing so..

Just now, Geebrr said:

Total

Problem with that.. We basically didnt use him as a RB the entire first quarter going in to the wind. They came out throwing the first Q... Yes we were down by 6 but.. Use your biggest O weapon especially against a team who is vulnerable to the run.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

A guy who just got beat on a play. Hes pissed off. O got owned today. Hardrick is not happy. Maybe If u want drama here instead, its cuz hes had enough of Nichols but its nothing so..

Not looking for drama, but pick up your QB.

O-line was just as weak as Nichols tonight in my opinion. This one kinda hurts after getting real excited about this season, but the season isn't decided in one real garbagey game. Unless it's the Grey Cup, but ya know what I mean 😉

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

Wow...I see the posters that were just waiting for this to happen. First loss of the season and Nichols is ****, Lapo is the worst coordinator and the team  is crap. 

This place is so schizophrenic. 

I think the forum is a live in the now type of thing

Based on this game.. Nichols was crap.. Lapo was ****. Its just a fact..  Poor play calling and 3 picks cost us tonight.. There no way to sugarcoat it.. Nichols worst game in recent memory by far.. 

Edited by Goalie

I guess it’s only human nature to place blame here, there, and everywhere, but talk about 

over

reacting.

It was absolutely a disjointed game..but correctable.

We didn’t play a clean game but Hamilton came to play, didn’t they?

Their DLine exposed our inexperienced OLine and the domino effect only got worse, especially when you start 2 TDs down.

This too shall pass...

(unless it gets intercepted )  🤭

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Wow...I see the posters that were just waiting for this to happen. First loss of the season and Nichols is ****, Lapo is the worst coordinator and the team  is crap. 

Literally no one on this board thinks this team is crap...  speaking of being overly dramatic...

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

6 turnovers was why we lost tho. But more specifically the Nichols pick 6 was the difference in the end. 

What about the two turnovers on special teams? But I do know you’d rather blame it all on Nichols. 

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

And what about the people who even when the team is winning, and still see major flaws in Nichols game, dont believe in him.  Nothing schizo when he opinion doesnt change.

Hes had some good games this season, but against garbage opponents.

Glad its early in the season.... theres plenty of time to get it figured out!

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

What about the two turnovers on special teams? But I do know you’d rather blame it all on Nichols. 

Well it was a pick 6 pretty much. So.. 

Those fumbles resulted in Fgs.. The only turnover that resulted in not a FG was the basic pick 6. U dying on the wrong hill tonight tho.. Nichols was garbage today. Even he knows it. Why cant u accept what Matt just did. Im not happy with Nichols play.. If you think the QB who threw 3 picks wasnt a large part of the reason we lost, ok. Delusional tho but ok. 

Edited by Goalie

Some of the more reactionary posts in the last 3 pages is why I avoid this place for 2 days after a game. We have not been exposed. Our roster management is not awful. This team CAN be taken seriously. 

Nichols overthrew some receivers, the line did not give him good time like in other games, coverage by Hamilton’s DBs was very good on deep balls, the team got down deep early and never committed to the run to get back into the game, and some bad special teams gaffes. Add to that injuries to the two best receivers tonight, and a 6 to 1 turnover ratio, and we lose. Guess what, we weren’t going 18-0. It’s a loss, it sucks, Hamilton was more emotionally ready to play on their first drive and all night defensively, move on to next week. We’re still a good team. I’ll see you all on Monday. 

Now back to the hysteria. 

The special teams constantly went 2 and out??

Part of this loss is on O'Shea for sticking by Nichols.  He was clearly off tonight, and with the OLine struggling, why not put your more mobile QB in rather than let Nichols continue to take big hits??  Streveler could have at least extended plays by rolling out and allowing receivers time to get open downfield.  Was worth a try, that's for sure!

17 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No one in their right mind was cutting Matthews ha...

But you could see this coming - Walker is just another average receiver/returner like we've always recruited... and we always get carried away with them

Overthinking...  thats an achilles heel on this team for sure

Wow...one poor game and everything he’s done to date is worthless. 

Honestly you guys are worse then rider fans. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think the forum is a live in the now type of thing

Based on this game.. Nichols was crap.. Lapo was ****. Its just a fact..  Poor play calling and 3 picks cost us tonight.. There no way to sugarcoat it.. Nichols worst game in recent memory by far.. 

Sure Nichols didn’t play well but there were other players who didn’t play well. But Nichols seems to always be the scapegoat. 

Wow...one poor game and everything he’s done to date is worthless. 

Honestly you guys are worse then rider fans. 

Kenny Walker?  He's played two games with 10 receiving yards.

'Everything he's done'... ha - I'm sorry you're the one losing it tonight

Saying that Chris Matthews is better than Kenny Walker is not 'crazy'

Nichols played a lousy game as he himself admitted on the post game. Lapo called a poor game. Turnovers killed us. Those two fumbles on returns cost us 6 points. Oline did not have a great game. Our D was solid overall, especially against Evans. Hamilton's D was outstanding, especially their front 4 and let's highlight Davis.5-1 is still good. Being in first is good. On to the next one.