thursday night football

Mark F

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Fellas, they just fired Trestman.

He isn't going anywhere.

TO is approaching the level of dumpster fire the als were under reed. Never underestimate how bad or dumb it can get. 

I could see popp taking over for a few games this year then trying to poach a coach in the off season. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

TO is approaching the level of dumpster fire the als were under reed. Never underestimate how bad or dumb it can get. 

I could see popp taking over for a few games this year then trying to poach a coach in the off season. 

I can see Popp fired before Chamblin. You get rid of Chamblin you have to basically convince a guy to come in an adopt the rest of the coaching staff indefinitely. 

The staff SMS is a problem

36 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

would really like to have Derel Walker right now. he’s wasting his talent with the Argos

If I'm BC, I'd offer their first round for Walker right now...  T.O. is dead in the water - can't even think of what might help turn this team around

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If I'm BC, I'd offer their first round for Walker right now...  T.O. is dead in the water - can't even think of what might help turn this team around

I don't think you can have over 20% of the cap used with 4 players (all on offence too)  and sleep well.

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don't think you can have over 20% of the cap used with 4 players and sleep well.

Oh, I'm pretty sure 2/3 of Walker's salary has already been paid as a signing bonus...  Popp is not a good GM

BC needs help for Reilly - their D is not going to win them any games

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure 2/3 of Walker's salary has already been paid as a signing bonus...  Popp is not a good GM

BC needs help for Reilly - their D is not going to win them any games

I don't think giving up your likely high 1st is going to pay off down the road.

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If Im Walters I offer the same but they will probably counter offer with their first+Walker for Strevy 😂

Edited by M.O.A.B.

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I can see Popp fired before Chamblin. You get rid of Chamblin you have to basically convince a guy to come in an adopt the rest of the coaching staff indefinitely. 

The staff SMS is a problem

Who would toss popp out the door though? The league?

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Im Walters I offer the same but they will probably counter offer with their first+Walker for Strevy 😂

I dont think to would go in on more young un proven qbs. If they are smart, theyd ask for a package of young nucks. Maybe take back mathews in exchange for the pick so they dont make it look like they are giving up on the team today. Even nuefeld if healthy could be a good target for them. Eli+ some more or desjarlais. petermann, neuf or a pick. 

If we were gonna move streveler I would think a starting canadian, or a wr and an imp db would be the starting place.  

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Easily the worst back to back CFL games this year, on the same night.

I mean, if you’re going to waste a CFL game, you might as well have a Rod Black doing PBP...both games...black to black.

Not being at the game, would in no way affect Rod's performance on play by play, so this is an excellent idea! Good money saver for the network!

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think to would go in on more young un proven qbs. If they are smart, theyd ask for a package of young nucks. Maybe take back mathews in exchange for the pick so they dont make it look like they are giving up on the team today. Even nuefeld if healthy could be a good target for them. Eli+ some more or desjarlais. petermann, neuf or a pick. 

If we were gonna move streveler I would think a starting canadian, or a wr and an imp db would be the starting place.  

I dont think we will move Streveler at this point. 
There’s a chance we will lose him for nothing by the end of the season, but that’s not the focus right now. 
It’s the Cup or nothing and we need him. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Who would toss popp out the door though? The league?

Why would the league have to get rid of Popp?

They are owned by MLSE

Derek Walker was targeted 11 times last night. He had 5 receptions for 85 yards. With any kind of competent QBing, Toronto, at least, scores.

So, the question is, who misses whom more?

Derel Walker misses QB Mike Reilly? Or mike Reilly misses Derel Walker?

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Derek Walker was targeted 11 times last night. He had 5 receptions for 85 yards. With any kind of competent QBing, Toronto, at least, scores.

So, the question is, who misses whom more?

Derel Walker misses QB Mike Reilly? Or mike Reilly misses Derel Walker?

As permeable as the Lions' O-line has been, Walker would make little difference. Reilly is almost guaranteed to sustain a major injury soon at this rate.