Some Truth to the Rumour

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

He missed games 1 & 4 due to injury though.  Sitting him for game 5 could just have been MOS keeping the bubble wrap on him.

Fair enough. It has been a small sample size. I guess I’m just saying the combo of his bad luck regarding his injuries, underwhelming game two and 3(which I believe was out the second half) and the incident at LaRocha is a bit surprising to me. There’s a ton of time for him to turn it around and I hope he does. Even if he doesn’t...the team seems to be well stocked to keep winning without beat.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Calling him Adarius Bowman after he has played less than 2 games is a panicky 

Even in the one full game he played he had a great catch wiped out by a penalty 

You’re right. Comparing him to Bowman at this point unfair. The start to his season thus far(on and of the field) has been a bit surprising. Lucky 7....Unlucky 13? 

I think the Bowman comparison is more so that we brought in a vet receiver who we expected to lead the group of receivers and provide us with a tonne of production.. the end result was things not working out and cutting the player.  

I don't think anyone is comparing the skill level between the two guys.

10 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

The thing is he wasn’t injured last week. 

Was injured, then got healthy, then got injured.  I feel like the math checks out.

I realize arguing over nothing is en vogue here, but homey don't play that.  If some people want to insist that outside of the weeks where our QB sets franchise records, a young athletic guy who is basically running a wildcat offence and only using 15% of the playbook is our best option at QB, have at 'er.  I'll chuckle and not care.

something something fire marshall Bill reference...

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think the Bowman comparison is more so that we brought in a vet receiver who we expected to lead the group of receivers and provide us with a tonne of production.. the end result was things not working out and cutting the player.  

I don't think anyone is comparing the skill level between the two guys.

Different circumstances when a guy has been injured vs underperforming 

I just don't quite understand who'd we'd be making room for by cutting Matthews...

Plug him in for Walker at the very least then rotate him with Adams and Lawler

Or get him in the lineup in place of Warren - Miles has already proven to be more than a serviceable backup

BUT it is nice to be talking about how to fit all of our receiver depth onto the roster - don't think I can remember anything like this in the past decade plus

3 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Just for clarification...Matthews is a health scratch because his replacement(Lawler) is playing well the previous game(s)?

From what the media reports, I've been led to believe that what the coaches are seeing in practice is a big factor as well.....

3 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Just for clarification...Matthews is a health scratch because his replacement(Lawler) is playing well the previous game(s)?

Maybe they don't think he is 100% healthy and want off the injury carousel.

or

Maybe he is not as up to speed having missed most of the season? 

Does that seem plausible? 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Might want to check your stats on that again.

Lawler replaced Matthews against Toronto as Matthews was injured in the game against Ottawa (injury #2). Lawler had one catch for 38 yard against Toronto. Matthews was then a heath scratch for the second Ottawa game. Tell me what am I missing. 

1 minute ago, Dirty30 said:

Lawler replaced Matthews against Toronto as Matthews was injured in the game against Ottawa (injury #2). Lawler had one catch for 38 yard against Toronto. Matthews was then a heath scratch for the second Ottawa game. Tell me what am I missing. 

I think the circus catch in the end zone and the fumble where he thought he was down were major influences...

Still I'd get Matthews on the roster if he's legit healthy - Game 2 was not a well-called game by Lapo and not Nichol's best performance

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Maybe they don't think he is 100% healthy and want off the injury carousel.

or

Maybe he is not as up to speed having missed most of the season? 

Does that seem plausible? 

Sure and I hope it works. Like I said have his jersey, my grey cup tickets, flight and AirB&B booked. Nothing would make me happier than to see him grab the winning TD.