Some Truth to the Rumour

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Theres a new trend in sports called Load Management.. Im taking a big guess here and saying Matthews and Bighill for that matter are examples of this. 

If that was the case the Bombers would be lightening up the load they give Harris (given that he plays a far more punishing position than Matthews)

Spoke to someone that was there and he said Matthews threw the first punch. Not saying it’s 100% true, I wasn’t there, but hearing that from a couple people now. Hope there is a good explanation(ie: self defence or reacting to a threat).

I’m concerned O’Shea and management are running out of patience with him. Sitting him out last week was a bit of a red flag.  Especially with all the great depth at receiver now.

I still think if he can get himself together and get a bit of confidence he could very well be a huge part of this team. He’s not needed to be the impact player he was required to be last time in blue and gold.  He’s going to get less throws to him do to all the other options on the field, but he needs to make the plays when the opportunities present themselves. He made a 4 year commitment(?) to the club and the city for a pretty reasonable price, I’d hate to see him turn out to be a bust. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I have had a hamstring injury, and the damned thing took forever to get right.  I found out that in the early stages of healing, it is real easy to aggravate it. 

I've suffered both a hamstring tear and an Achilles rupture .. my hamstring tear took me longer to get right (I say this as someone who suffered a complete rupture of my Achilles and required surgery).  Soft tissue injuries are no joke (and hamstrings can be a pain in the ass - literally - depending on WHERE within the muscle they occurred) and they become more common once you've suffered them.

6 minutes ago, ediger said:

La Roca is definitely the sort of place I could see this happening at. I walk by there at night a fair bit and while I wouldn't classify the crowd as a bunch of gangsters, there's certainly a lot of coked-up douchebags dressed like extras in a Drake video.

Careful, they're probably Bomber players. 😁

On Matthews. We are built to win the cup. There is no reason to release him. His replacement right now is making the league minimum or just above. While the only reason to trade him would be if you could maybe get a All-star DB or some major upgrade which on the Bombers there is not many right now.

Freaking out is a bit of a stretch. With or without Matthews the club looks to be well on their way to playing in the cup. I believe your missing point. It’s more like disappointment or shock that one of our biggest free agent signings is going to be a healthy scratch for the second game in a row and has done squat since returning to the Bombers including exhibition. Nobody expected him to pull a Bowman. At least Bowman made it into some games. I’m a huge Matthews fan especially since his press conference after signing, so yeah it’s a bit surprising. It’s not a concern with regards to the team in anyway. 

Edited by Dirty30

1 minute ago, Dirty30 said:

Freaking out is a bit of a stretch. With or without Matthews the club looks to be well on their way to playing in the cup. I believe your missing point. It’s more like disappointment or shock that one of our biggest free agent signings is going to be a healthy scratch for the second game in a row and has done squat since returning to the Bombers including exhibition. Nobody expected him to pull a Bowman. At least Bowman made it into some games. I’m a huge Matthews fan especially since his press conference after signing, so yeah it’s a bit surprising. 

He really hasn't pulled a Bowman though. Bowman was healthy and did nothing. Matthews just hasn't been able to get healthy yet. Having a big receiver like him will come in handy when the weather gets colder. 

Lol. If there’s no concern by anyone why would Wyman even mention it in his tweet. I’m just surprised how his season has started out. Did not see it coming. Including the incident the other day. I’m not crapping on the guy. I bought his jersey the first time he was here and again after he signed. I totally want to see him tear it up. 

Just now, Dirty30 said:

Lol. If there’s no concern by anyone why would Wyman even mention it in his tweet. I’m just surprised how his season has started out. Did not see it coming. Including the incident the other day. I’m not crapping on the guy. I bought his jersey the first time he was here and again after he signed. I totally want to see him tear it up. 

Calling him Adarius Bowman after he has played less than 2 games is a panicky 

Even in the one full game he played he had a great catch wiped out by a penalty