Some Truth to the Rumour

Mr Dee

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So what's the deal with the guy?  Pre season they said he was being a leader and a great guy....   fast forward he's benched with vague reasons and then gets into an altercation?   

Kind of curious about this myself as well.  I know there was a home game (our first?) where he didn't appear happy while on the sidelines.  Few targets.  Those he saw were garbage.  I sit more or less right behind our bench and realize this is just my perception but, he looked a little frustrated. Was funny though, after I noticed that they forced the next couple of throws his way.

No receiver in this offence is going to dominate targets and there are games where guys just don't get looks and players really need to buy into that.  I wonder if that's the rub.

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I was a little skeptical of what Zaius posted, so I'll admit to being wrong.

I wouldn't eat too much crow .. 'Being involved in a fight; expect his release' is much different than 'Guy was stabbed and went to / released from hospital; is practicing with team today'.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

I wouldn't eat too much crow .. 'Being involved in a fight; expect his release' is much different that 'Guy was stabbed and went to / released from hospital; is practicing with team today'.

I was just about to post this......let's just relax on the "EVERYONE OWES HIM AN APOLOGY!!1!" stuff...

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s not a classy place lol a lot of gangsters reside there. Anyways I wish Chris Matthews a speedy recovery. 

Meh, any time I go there its full of early 30s bald white guys in suits and 25 year old women. With a handful of rougher looking characters.

20 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Well the bar fight part, for one. And a stabbing is potentially "worse" than a fight, so that part too. You can't blame the messenger for not accurately estimating a person's capacity for bouncing back from a stabbing.

Ok but the tone of the rumour implied Matthews did something which has not been implied in this story at all.

Edited by Geebrr

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Meh, any time I go there its full of early 30s bald white guys in suits and 25 year old women. With a handful of rougher looking characters.

Also there is a bathroom attendant who looks like Colonel Sanders, forgot to mention that

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

"Matthews was involved in a nightclub fight"

12 hours later 

"It was worse than i originally thought"

*report comes out he was stabbed in a fight downtown*

"Naw, it was vague. He wasn't right"

Lol okay. 

Again, being a victim vs offender.

There is a difference 

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

12 hours later 

"It was worse than I originally thought"

Lol okay. 

To be fair, you did paint it as something that was going to cause him to get cut

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

12 hours later 

"It was worse than I originally thought"

Lol okay. 

I think you're arguing on the wrong side here hahaha.  If we're to take that thread that seriously, I guess you did stab him? 😉

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Also there is a bathroom attendant who looks like Colonel Sanders, forgot to mention that

La Roca in english translates to The Rock.  So either Dwayne Johnson is involved or everyone's getting locked up outside San Francisco when this is all over. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

He started a 40 person fight and had to be tazed by police after being stabbed lol

if that was to have happened...being a high profile person in the city...I am sure it would have hit the news wire that night....and if you have so much intel...what other players were there and what was root cause of the fracass..

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Stefon, SNL Character.jpg

Opened inside a dumpster in 2006 by Japanese sumo wrestler turned brain surgeon Fuji Howzer M.D.

This place has everything....Furby's, Cracker Jack, Spud Webb.

The bouncer is a bulldog who looks like Wilfred Brimley, and the password is "Dia-beetus"

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

if that was to have happened...being a high profile person in the city...I am sure it would have hit the news wire that night....and if you have so much intel...what other players were there and what was root cause of the fracass..

My source (which is not Dr Zaius), confirmed the tased part at least. I have no info on who started the fight or how many were involved, though.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

My source (which is not Dr Zaius), confirmed the tased part at least. I have no info on who started the fight or how many were involved, though.

Winnipeg cops tazing dudes on the street is not really big news anyway...