Week 7 Preview

Mr Dee

Looking into next week’s games..as we approach the 1st third of the season.

Bye Montreal (or is it buy Montreal)

Calgary at Ottawa Thursday         MBB votes 28-0 Calgary 

Toronto at Edmonton Thursday    MBB votes 26-2 Edmonton 

Winnipeg at Hamilton Friday         MBB votes 26-2 Winnipeg

Saskatchewan at BC Saturday      MBB votes 15-13 Saskatchewan 

The schedule doesn’t do the Riders any favours. The next game for the Riders is on Thursday, 4 days later, hosting Hamilton.

Winnipeg has forced 12 turnovers this season (8 interceptions, four fumbles), which is three times more than the four touchdowns they’ve had scored against them. 

You simply cannot run the ball effectively against the Bombers. They have yet to allow a rushing touchdown this season and are averaging less than 60 yards against per game. 

The #Bombers will remain in Ontario all next week between games in Hamilton on July 26 and in Toronto on August 1. - Darrin Bauming

BC - Reilly’s protective detail for the game consisted of two backup guards, a guard at right tackle and the often-exploited Brett Boyko moving across to protect the blindside. 

Tackles David Foucault and Boyko continue to demonstrate that they lack the foot speed required for blocking athletes on the outside without help. 3DNation

Foucault is no tackle..

Phillip Norman. A tackle in college, he finally earned a start at guard in his second year with the team. Why he and Foucault didn’t swap positions is a question in and of itself, but the Lions made the baffling decision to move him to centre when Roy went down. He promptly botched two shotgun snaps. 

If they can figure this out, and poor tackling, and poor angles to ball carriers, I’m taking BC to win. 😳 They have to..

Saskatchewan- Which Fajardo will show up in BC Saturday? Can he be pressured into making mistakes? Saskatchewan can win the series on Saturday, but I don’t think it matters in the big picture, they’re not going anywhere.

Ottawa - Doesn't look like Davis will be available against Calgary. Jennings: It was frustrating that I couldn't find a rhythm tonight. Um, Jonathan, give the Bombers D some credit for not letting get any “rhythm”.

Calgary - even after that somewhat lucky win vs Toronto, Calgary and Arbuckle get back in the groove against theses guys.

Edited by Mr Dee

The Week 7 bye lets Khari work some more of his mhagic and Bob Slowik's D is taking root. #

Montreal- @MTLAlouettes defensive performances from Game 1 to Game 5:

Game 1 32 pts. 608 yards allowed 

Game 2 41 pts. 529 yards allowed

Game 3 29 pts. 459 yards allowed

Game 4 19 pts  398 yards allowed

Game 5 10 pts  320 yards allowed

35 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Week 7 bye lets Khari work some more of his mhagic and Bob Slowik's D is taking root. #

Montreal- @MTLAlouettes defensive performances from Game 1 to Game 5:

Game 1 32 pts. 608 yards allowed 

Game 2 41 pts. 529 yards allowed

Game 3 29 pts. 459 yards allowed

Game 4 19 pts  398 yards allowed

Game 5 10 pts  320 yards allowed

Good on Mr. Jones. He still has a lot of fans here pulling for him and its nice to see a good guy making the most of his opportunity.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Good on Mr. Jones. He still has a lot of fans here pulling for him and its nice to see a good guy making the most of his opportunity.

team is playing hard for khari. I liked that he "kept his foot on the gas" a couplle of games ago.

Edited by Mark F

10 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

BC - Reilly’s protective detail for the game consisted of two backup guards, a guard at right tackle and the often-exploited Brett Boyko moving across to protect the blindside. 

Tackles David Foucault and Boyko continue to demonstrate that they lack the foot speed required for blocking athletes on the outside without help. 3DNation

Foucault is no tackle..

Phillip Norman. A tackle in college, he finally earned a start at guard in his second year with the team. Why he and Foucault didn’t swap positions is a question in and of itself, but the Lions made the baffling decision to move him to centre when Roy went down. He promptly botched two shotgun snaps. 

That is just insanely poor planning by the Lions.  Reilly must have nightmares every night.  

In the Week 7 pick ‘ems, there are no more shut out teams on the MBB board. All teams have been picked to win a game. 

Calgary 30-2 over Ottawa.

Edmonton 29-3 over Toronto 

Winnipeg 29-3 over Hamilton 

And BC and Saskatchewan are even at 16 

Odd that there are 2 Thursday night games, but I’m looking forward to them..

And how do they match up with their Nissan power rankings this week? I’d say pretty darn close. I’d have BC in last place (trending) but after they humble Saskatchewan on Sat., everything will be fine.

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

No reason to cut his salary his replacement is making league minimum.

Could they not make cap room for some NFL cut that could help the team in the backfield or something? Im not at all saying that Matthews will not help the team when he does get on the field BTW. 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Its a long season. Don't want to be in a situation we were in during the 2017 where we made the playoffs but had no depth because of a ton of injuries.

I’m not scared of injuries... just the bye week on the last week of the season

Saturdays’s must win game for the Lions.

Riders Canadian offensive lineman Philip Blake is going to be out for a while.“Blake broke his leg, he had surgery this morning, he’ll be out for at least six weeks,” Saskatchewan head coach Craig Dickenson said. Also, LaBatte is not expected to play. Bladek?? 

Lean fixings  for the Riders.

Not to worry Head Coach Devon Claybrooks figures he has his Lions covered...“I have all these ingredients for this soup and I’m just trying to season it to get the right taste,” he said to BCLions.com on Tuesday.

(Must be leak soup)