HOT GOSS: Matthews in hot water

Dr Zaius

If this is true, it's stupid to release him. For sure every CFL team will race to pick him up. Getting a very good player for nothing. . 

I think it would be smart to suspend him ...or if there are takers, trade him. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If this is true, it's stupid to release him. For sure every CFL team will race to pick him up. Getting a very good player for nothing. . 

I think it would be smart to suspend him ...or if there are takers, trade him. 

Doubt it.  Big contract, lack of production.  One big game last year otherwise lots of targets and not much production.  Think he'd have to have a few good games before he'd be trade bait.

And really..who knows what the circumstances were/are...could been just defending himself...if he wasnt the instigator nor did something utterly stupid then to me is a non issue

Just like years back when some Bombers got jumped at a downtown night club and Arland Bruce took a brick to the head..I was there and it was a case of some doofus not able to keep his girl on a leash and she was trying to pursue some Bomber love...so him and his crew figured they would try and "deal" with it...they were just lucky there were only 3 or 4 of us ball players left to be honest..but by no means were players instigators nor aggressors and nobody got cut..suspended..or anything other than Buce on IR for a game or two

Yikes if that's true. What a fall. He comes in heralded as the veteran star receiver weve longed for, who's sole purpose in returning here is to win a championship where it all started. Then he's injured to start the season. Then he plays and doesn't do much. Then he's hurt again. Then he's healthy scratched. Now this. Wow. Might be time to part ways. Lawler looks like the real deal and we don't need distractions.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Doubt it.  Big contract, lack of production.  One big game last year otherwise lots of targets and not much production.  Think he'd have to have a few good games before he'd be trade bait.

Yeah. That's why I said IF. But him being signed for 3 yrs might appeal for some desperate teams... like OTT, TO & BC.

Just now, Stickem said:

I think we need to hear more and get a full accounting of the circumstances before anyone rushes to contusions ...Let's hear it from the club firstly...take it from there

I would not think, the club will disclose anything if this is true. They never did say anything on Temple's case.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I would not think, the club will disclose anything if this is true. They never did say anything on Temple's case.

Then who have we got to believe...the media....the league.....the law and we don't know even if they're involved...too sketchy as of now...I do know one thing IF this thing has legs Mike O won't be a happy camper

Edited by Stickem

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

And really..who knows what the circumstances were/are...could been just defending himself...if he wasnt the instigator nor did something utterly stupid then to me is a non issue

Just like years back when some Bombers got jumped at a downtown night club and Arland Bruce took a brick to the head..I was there and it was a case of some doofus not able to keep his girl on a leash and she was trying to pursue some Bomber love...so him and his crew figured they would try and "deal" with it...they were just lucky there were only 3 or 4 of us ball players left to be honest..but by no means were players instigators nor aggressors and nobody got cut..suspended..or anything other than Buce on IR for a game or two

But wouldn't that be more reflective of the management in place?

O'shea doesn't seem like the kind of guy to allow that type of player to stay on the team. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

But wouldn't that be more reflective of the management in place?

O'shea doesn't seem like the kind of guy to allow that type of player to stay on the team. 

No..not really...and Cal Murphy was in charge...christ he cut a guy before right in the dressing room at halftime so if it was warranted..guys would have been jetisoned

2 hours ago, Booch said:

And really..who knows what the circumstances were/are..

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I think we need to hear more and get a full accounting of the circumstances before anyone rushes to contusions

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

How reliable is the gossip? Did this even happen?

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I'm not living in rumour.

All this ^

Might be an interesting Coaches call-in show tomorrow..

Edited by Mr Dee

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah, I wouldn't bet on it.  

I would agree.  Probably going to sound like this.

Bob: Welcome to the coaches show, as usual, we have Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea with us.  Mike, that was quite a game on Friday.  But before we get into it, let's take a quick break for commercials

- 20 minutes later - 

Bob: So Mike, any thoughts on the way your team played on Friday?

Mike: Well, I was fairly happy.  Matt looked sharp and we...

Bob: Sorry to cut in Mike but we need to take a break.  We'll be right back...

- 10 minutes later - 

Bob:  We have a caller, Terry from Calgary, what's your question?

Terry:  Bombers suck, life sucks, all is darkness and sorrow .  <click>

Bob: Ummm, that wasn't a question.  So Mike, any update on the injury situation with Adam Bighill or Lucky Whitehead?

Mike: As usual, we're not going to talk abou...

Bob:  Sorry again Mike but it's time for another quick break.

- 15 minutes later -

Bob: we're back with Bomber head coach Mike O'Shea and we have another caller.  Chip what's your question for Coach O'Shea?

Chip: When are you gonna cut Nichols.  He's bad.  I know he's bad.

Mike: Umm, we're 5-0 right now so...

Chip: Doesn't matter.  He's bad.  Not one 300 yard passing game.  Cut him

Mike: Probably not going to do that

Chip:  You got a bunch of bad players there Mike.  Give me a call some time and I'll go over it with you. My number is 204 <click>

Bob: We seem to have lost Chip

Mike:  What a shame.

Bob: We have 1 more caller, I didn't get his name.  Caller are you there?

Caller: I love Big Chris!  Big Chris, he's so dreamy.

Bob: So do you have a question?

Caller:  BIG CHRIS <click>

Bob: Well, we've only got about 12 minutes left and 15 minutes worth of commercials, so we're going to have to wrap things up.  Thanks Mike.

Mike: Your wel...

- more bloody commercials -

8 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I would agree.  Probably going to sound like this.

Bob: Welcome to the coaches show, as usual, we have Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea with us.  Mike, that was quite a game on Friday.  But before we get into it, let's take a quick break for commercials

- 20 minutes later

Bob: Well, we've only got about 12 minutes left and 15 minutes worth of commercials, so we're going to have to wrap things up.  Thanks Mike.

Mike: Your wel...

- more bloody commercials -

giphy.gif