Pregame talk: Bombing the Hammer

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Really? I would think the brawl was a huge issue for the team. Best start in nearly 60 years, im sure the team wants ZERO distractions and bull**** going on. Not great publicity for a team trying to attract fans. What if Matthews' punch lands just right, the guy smashes his head on the floor and dies? Its happened, just saying. Youre a professional athlete. Make better decisions.

Way better than letting him get on the plane, punching the pilots, throwing Nichols' comfort squirrel out the window which makes the plane depressurize and 12 players get sucked out before Bryant plugs up the window...

Since we've apparently moved into the "making up crap" portion of the show...

2 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Way better than letting him get on the plane, punching the pilots, throwing Nichols' comfort squirrel out the window which makes the plane depressurize and 12 players get sucked out before Bryant plugs up the window...

I legitimately LOLed at the image of Stanley Bryant plugging the window...

considering a third of the team was apparently there...and nobody knows the actual story...and it hasn't grown legs in the media...and the police havn't pressed charges...and nobody on social media has posted anything (and in this day an age where people whip out phones at anything and everything to post online is odd) ...and  nobody was released/cut/suspended then yeah it's pretty obvious this was a whole big about nothing incident.

I sure the coaches sat the team down and had a chat with them to make wiser choices and something like this better not happen again...but other than that is probably a forgotten matter now

Edited by Booch

11 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Enjoyable post but things could have easily got out of hand at the burrito joint/dance club. Glad it didn't and lets move on. I would very much like to see Matthews make a difference on the field as opposed to the police scanner.

Just now, Geebrr said:

I honestly don't really care about Chris Matthews right now.

He has missed basically the whole season and we are doing just fine.

this is completely where I'm at....there's a lot of people worked up that he's not playing, and some going so far as to "blame" MOS for some egregious mistake of not playing him, and I'm like "Why??" Where do we need him right now?

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Enjoyable post but things could have easily got out of hand at the burrito joint/dance club. Glad it didn't and lets move on. I would very much like to see Matthews make a difference on the field as opposed to the police scanner.

tshirt

Edited by M.O.A.B.

46 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Really? I would think the brawl was a huge issue for the team. Best start in nearly 60 years, im sure the team wants ZERO distractions and bull**** going on. Not great publicity for a team trying to attract fans. What if Matthews' punch lands just right, the guy smashes his head on the floor and dies? Its happened, just saying. Youre a professional athlete. Make better decisions.

I’d agree. I had visions of Mylan Hicks. Or less dreadful but worthy of jail time, Plaxico Burris. Players seem to be targets in late night bars. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is completely where I'm at....there's a lot of people worked up that he's not playing, and some going so far as to "blame" MOS for some egregious mistake of not playing him, and I'm like "Why??" Where do we need him right now?

I find the Chris Matthews thing boring right now.

If he can't get into the lineup he should look in the mirror  

Just now, JCon said:

Just taking a stab in the dark here but maybe because they didn't want to one-game him again? 

For the player, does it matter if you're one-gamed or on the active roster (but sit)? 

Taking a stab in the dark or taking a puncture in the dark?

Have heard speculation from a friend who owns a different restaurant but knows many witnesses that Matthews threw up his dukes and then got popped with the business end of a fork.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Taking a stab in the dark or taking a puncture in the dark?

Have heard speculation from a friend who owns a different restaurant but knows many witnesses that Matthews threw up his dukes and then got popped with the business end of a fork.

This is maybe really wrong, but I just laughed HARD right out loud...

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I honestly don't really care about Chris Matthews right now.

He has missed basically the whole season and we are doing just fine.

He is not someone who has shown to be a proven commodity for us. He has barely been able to get on the field 

So why are we paying him. From what I remember he did not come cheap and right now it's good cap money being just blown away.  Lawler has been more productive so far.  His escapade has nothing to do with how I think about his status.

Just now, LeBird said:

So why are we paying him. From what I remember he did not come cheap and right now it's good cap money being just blown away.  Lawler has been more productive so far.  His escapade has nothing to do with how I think about his status.

what else do you want to spend the money on? And if one of our receivers goes down to injury, then what? If guys like Lawler are making league minimum, what does it matter what Matthews is making while he waits?

Just now, LeBird said:

Because we don't need to make a knee-jerk reaction, are not troubled by the cap and know what Matthews can do? Geez, I don't understand the rush to drop someone so fast. 

Just now, JCon said:

Because we don't need to make a knee-jerk reaction, are not troubled by the cap and know what Matthews can do? Geez, I don't understand the rush to drop someone so fast. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

what else do you want to spend the money on? And if one of our receivers goes down to injury, then what? If guys like Lawler are making league minimum, what does it matter what Matthews is making while he waits?

Yes

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I would LOVE to see O’Shea use that line at the pregame presser

Better: I want to see him wear a shirt like this and not say the word ever....not even acknowledge it.

On Matthews, you keep him around. For one, likely a nice portion of his salary has already been paid through it being 1/3 of the way into the year + vets usually getting bonus $ up front. Second, its nice to have depth, especially when its a long season. Third keeps him away from other teams. Sometimes you have to play the waiting game and be patient, otherwise you make decisions like this guy613395.jpg?b64lines=IEFoLCB0aGUgd2FpdGlu

Edited by rebusrankin

Why would he not be travelling with the team if he is a backup to Lawler and on the roster? What happens when Lawler gets his leg broken on the first series? Is there a team jet that can fly Matthews in stat? 

There are some odd circumstances that have been happening week after week with Matthews IMO. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

We need to play our best players to give us the best chance of winning. This week he's a healthy scratch.  If he's able to do lots why is he not doing it tomorrow? He's being beaten out by a guy possibly making minimum.    Unless of course if a healthy scratch does not mean that.