Hat Guy vs Jerks GDT

johnzo

I wonder what the West would look like if Reilly stayed in Edmonton and Harris ended up in BC. Theoretically, BC would have had more cash to shore up their o-line .. might have had a more competitive roster overall.

The standings might not look that different but would BC be the dumpster fire they are now?

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

I wonder what the West would look like if Reilly stayed in Edmonton and Harris ended up in BC. Theoretically, BC would have had more cash to shore up their o-line .. might have had a more competitive roster overall.

Sure, but you've got to field competitive players for all three facets - not just one. BC went all-in on offense with little for STs and D... it shows.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Sure, but you've got to field competitive players for all three facets - not just one. BC went all-in on offense with little for STs and D... it shows.

They tried to build their team using free agents and it shows. Not one facet of their game is anywhere good enough. Unless you call QB an entire facet. Then they are adequate there. 

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oh I completely agree which is why I’ve *always* defended Walters for his long view and Miller for his refusal to make knee jerk decisions to appease anyone.

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I ***** about Lapo a lot, but man the BC offense is just horribly designed and called. Gonna end Reilly's career. 

I watched the first half only but the 2nd series BC had was good.  Lots of variety....  it then became extremely predictable with the same hand offs and plays.

Everyone focusing on BC spending big money on Reilly and Chungh....  that's a zero excuse because Calgary has a boat load of money in BLM and still can find guys on defense.    That defense is putrid... worst tackling in the league by far and so very soft.  

Saskatchewan looks at least competent,  they aren't world beaters but at least they haven't given up like BC.   On a few plays the BC d-line and o-line flat out stopped playing and gave up.  

Claybrooks is toast.  

Just now, Tracker said:

Looks like Claybrooks and Chamblin are competing to be the first head coaches to be fired this season. Problem is: who do the GMs have to replace them? Is Trestman available or interested to be in Vancouver?

Might be the last year having the luxury of our coordinators. The way things are going there is a good chance we won't see one or both next year

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Looks like Claybrooks and Chamblin are competing to be the first head coaches to be fired this season. Problem is: who do the GMs have to replace them? Is Trestman available or interested to be in Vancouver?

funny thing is BC could have had Khari.

24 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup. So did the Rock...

Technically, he never played in the CFL, he was only assigned to Stamps' practice roster...when he was cut (according to Mr Johnson himself), he had $7 to his name it was at this point he had hit....

rock bottom.

I'll show myself out.

17 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Might be the last year having the luxury of our coordinators. The way things are going there is a good chance we won't see one or both next year

I don't think anyone will give hall the big chair again but yeah lapo will be offered something