Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
do or die

Odds and Sods - Ottawa at Winnipeg

Recommended Posts

Jeffcoat with first tackle on D.  Big surprise.
WoltMan falls down in pattern, but RB DB drops a pick...
Nice video tribute for Chris Randle...
Harris drops hand off, Blue recover. 
Nichols then rolls out and misses a wide open Lawler....
RB returner Deadmon has pretty good speed...
Fenner knocks ball loose from Sinopoli on 2nd down play..
Harris fumbles....Bombers get it.  His troubles with ball protection continue..
Bomber O not looking sharp at all....
Jennings telegraphs 5 yd hook.....Rose jumps the pattern.....
....and has clear sailing 70 yds for the TD return...
Crockett making some nice runs for RedBlacks....
....until cranked by that man, Jeffcoat...
Nevis very active in the middle...
Bombers get initial first down......14 minutes into the game...
Hardrick, then Demski go down...and are on the sidelines...
Petermann catches a couple of balls.....
RB's come with blitz....but textbook pickup by Blue OL and R....
...giving Matt all day to loft a TD... to a wide open Harris, back of end zone..
14-1.   Bombers starting to roll....
Jefferson flies into backfield, drills Jennings, forces fumble...RB's recover....
Bomber D looking like they have all the answers, so far....
Nichols zips one up the middle to Lawler....who jets away from 3 defenders....
.....to announce his presence, with 55 yd TD.   21-1 Bombers.
This game has turned around in 4 minutes...starting to look like a rout....
K. Wilson and Sayles take turns blowing into Ottawa backfield....
Jeffcoat continues to harass Jennings...who is looking nervous in the service.....
Couple more nice runs by Crockett....this guy is an upgrade for RedBlacks...
Harris takes short slant, and busts out for big gain....
Harris then with a run and other catch for FD....
Nichols scrambles and then hits WoltMan at the Ottawa 20...
Petermann takes hook pass and rumbles to the 4...
Streveler nice fake to Harris...goes round end, and dives into the endzone....
13 seconds left.  12 play, 99 yd TD drive.  28-1 at the half....
Nichols has 190 yds passing at the half...
Medlock really has something going with these sideways, end over kicks...
Richardson and Jefferson chase Jennings into the end zone....almost forces pick...
Walker takes punt return around the end for big return....but called back...
Wolt out pattern for 12.  Lucky sideline catch for 15.  Lucky screen for 12.
RedBlack D has no idea where to turn....great play calling...
Adams catches hitch...then backs up and throws to Lawler for 8.
Harris bulls his way down to Ottawa 9...
Petermann takes slant pass right down to the 1.
Streveler looks like he breaks the plane before losing ball....but called fumble
Walker looking pretty steady on the punt returns....hands look good..
JFG gets sandwiched by Fenner and Miles.  Bomber D relentless....
Petermann catches another...and another....and breaks more tackles....
This kid can ball, and has the right stuff.
Things slowed down quite a bit in 3rd quarter.
Streveler fake to Harris...then blasts up the left hash mark for 20...
Harris then goes behind centre....and hands it to Streveler....
Bomber O giving opposing DC's plenty to consider, on the film....
Harris up the gut...carrying RB defenders for 15...
Medlock hits 33 yd FG.  31-1 Bombers.
Not many points.....but Bomber O ripping off big chunks of clock, with this lead....
My neighbor whips out his cell phone and informs me....Nichols 17 straight completions..
....a new Blue Bomber record....
Meanwhile, Jennings departs with 45 yards passing.....
Whitehead catches #18 for 16 yards....
Petermann catches #19.
Jefferson flushes QB out of the pocket....Jeffcoat with the sack....
....these two really making beautiful music, tonight...
Record announced to crowd....Nichols gets the standing O...
Backup QB pitches Hail Mary into double coverage...and is picked off.
Augustine comes in and pounds out the clock. 
Bombers completely dominating line of scrimmage, both ways
31-1.  5-0.  Best season start since 1960.
Finally, team performance and gin consumption, on par.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the tribute to Randle, I thought the one to Ian Wild was nice too but am a bit surprised that there wasn’t one for Fogg. Maybe just not enough time to do two in a game? Either way, what an incredible gesture. The Bombers really are the class of the league in pretty much every way right now. 

Edited by O2L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hopeful that tonight begins the full-on Wolitarsky/Petermann era in our Canadian receiving corp much like the Poplawski/House era lead to so much Bomber greatness.  Petermann and Woli - lead us to at least three Grey Cups guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, do or die said:

RB's come with blitz....but textbook pickup by Blue OL and R....

oh man this was such a beauty block by Petermann.

I love the moment where the redblack blitzer realizes he's been made and so he just kind of decides to have a jumping contest with Petermann.

Screenshot-from-2019-07-20-01-46-00.png

 

Edited by johnzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question, as in the photo johnzo posted, if an O lineman has his arm around a defender, but does not use his hands, and pushes the guy down, is that holding? I see it all the time, thought it was, and now think it's not.

also, great screenshot, showing  line play, Q back bravery, thanks Johnzo. 

Bombers O line high performance/continuity is a highlight for me.

They get downfield, and are flattening people.

 

Edited by Mark F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, O2L said:

Speaking of the tribute to Randle, I thought the one to Ian Wild was nice too but am a bit surprised that there wasn’t one for Fogg. Maybe just not enough time to do two in a game? Either way, what an incredible gesture. The Bombers really are the class of the league in pretty much every way right now. 

And Randle was clearly pleased with that tribute. So was Ian Wild. Classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, do or die said:

Jeffcoat with first tackle on D.  Big surprise.
WoltMan falls down in pattern, but RB DB drops a pick...
Nice video tribute for Chris Randle...
Harris drops hand off, Blue recover. 
Nichols then rolls out and misses a wide open Lawler....
RB returner Deadmon has pretty good speed...
Fenner knocks ball loose from Sinopoli on 2nd down play..
Harris fumbles....Bombers get it.  His troubles with ball protection continue..
Bomber O not looking sharp at all....
Jennings telegraphs 5 yd hook.....Rose jumps the pattern.....
....and has clear sailing 70 yds for the TD return...
Crockett making some nice runs for RedBlacks....
....until cranked by that man, Jeffcoat...
Nevis very active in the middle...
Bombers get initial first down......14 minutes into the game...
Hardrick, then Demski go down...and are on the sidelines...
Petermann catches a couple of balls.....
RB's come with blitz....but textbook pickup by Blue OL and R....
...giving Matt all day to loft a TD... to a wide open Harris, back of end zone..
14-1.   Bombers starting to roll....
Jefferson flies into backfield, drills Jennings, forces fumble...RB's recover....
Bomber D looking like they have all the answers, so far....
Nichols zips one up the middle to Lawler....who jets away from 3 defenders....
.....to announce his presence, with 55 yd TD.   21-1 Bombers.
This game has turned around in 4 minutes...starting to look like a rout....
K. Wilson and Sayles take turns blowing into Ottawa backfield....
Jeffcoat continues to harass Jennings...who is looking nervous in the service.....
Couple more nice runs by Crockett....this guy is an upgrade for RedBlacks...
Harris takes short slant, and busts out for big gain....
Harris then with a run and other catch for FD....
Nichols scrambles and then hits WoltMan at the Ottawa 20...
Petermann takes hook pass and rumbles to the 4...
Streveler nice fake to Harris...goes round end, and dives into the endzone....
13 seconds left.  12 play, 99 yd TD drive.  28-1 at the half....
Nichols has 190 yds passing at the half...
Medlock really has something going with these sideways, end over kicks...
Richardson and Jefferson chase Jennings into the end zone....almost forces pick...
Walker takes punt return around the end for big return....but called back...
Wolt out pattern for 12.  Lucky sideline catch for 15.  Lucky screen for 12.
RedBlack D has no idea where to turn....great play calling...
Adams catches hitch...then backs up and throws to Lawler for 8.
Harris bulls his way down to Ottawa 9...
Petermann takes slant pass right down to the 1.
Streveler looks like he breaks the plane before losing ball....but called fumble
Walker looking pretty steady on the punt returns....hands look good..
JFG gets sandwiched by Fenner and Miles.  Bomber D relentless....
Petermann catches another...and another....and breaks more tackles....
This kid can ball, and has the right stuff.
Things slowed down quite a bit in 3rd quarter.
Streveler fake to Harris...then blasts up the left hash mark for 20...
Harris then goes behind centre....and hands it to Streveler....
Bomber O giving opposing DC's plenty to consider, on the film....
Harris up the gut...carrying RB defenders for 15...
Medlock hits 33 yd FG.  31-1 Bombers.
Not many points.....but Bomber O ripping off big chunks of clock, with this lead....
My neighbor whips out his cell phone and informs me....Nichols 17 straight completions..
....a new Blue Bomber record....
Meanwhile, Jennings departs with 45 yards passing.....
Whitehead catches #18 for 16 yards....
Petermann catches #19.
Jefferson flushes QB out of the pocket....Jeffcoat with the sack....
....these two really making beautiful music, tonight...
Record announced to crowd....Nichols gets the standing O...
Backup QB pitches Hail Mary into double coverage...and is picked off.
Augustine comes in and pounds out the clock. 
Bombers completely dominating line of scrimmage, both ways
31-1.  5-0.  Best season start since 1960.
Finally, team performance and gin consumption, on par.



 

Thanks again for doing this. I was worried Jennings might go crazy on us, but the D shut them right down last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnzo said:

oh man this was such a beauty block by Petermann.

I love the moment where the redblack blitzer realizes he's been made and so he just kind of decides to have a jumping contest with Petermann.

Screenshot-from-2019-07-20-01-46-00.png

 

It was great to see Nichols run right up to Peterman right after the TD and thank him for the block.  Very classy move and it shows these guys have each others back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest J5V
1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

It was great to see Nichols run right up to Peterman right after the TD and thank him for the block.  Very classy move and it shows these guys have each others back.  

Yes and there was another time when Petermann caught a pass and it was called back by a holding penalty and Matt praised Petermann for a great grab. It says something about Nichols as a leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lost ..well  not lost but key to the dline is Nevis and Richardson..they just lock it down and wear out teams interior during games..those guys are 2 beasts!

They even took turns.....Nevis in 1st half and Richardson in the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...