3 stars plus HH red black and blue part two

wbbfan

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Man you sure can read the emotion on Matt's face....He deserved every minute of that applause....plus

Matt’s face, an open book, of a historic moment as the sunset cast rays of adulation upon the ardent and humble pilgrims. 

Edited by Rod Black

32 minutes ago, do or die said:

Miles, Wilson, Petermann, Walker, Lawler, et al.

Insane depth

Yes our team this year is reminding me of the Calgary teams the last few years ( minus the Grey Cup champion label but I digress). We have an injury, and its next man up, and we just keep rolling! I like it!

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I was confident in Kyrie, but he has definitely replaced JSK without a skipped beat.

I still think JSK is a good player

Oh dont get me wrong..JSK is good..but I think Wilson brings more to the table 

Faster..bigger hitter..i think more versatile too

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Alot of those big runs came from arm tackles and bad angles. But it was already a route at that point

I can’t ever recall any football game I have seen that hasn’t included a missed tackle, once, twice or thrice. 

24 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I can’t ever recall any football game I have seen that hasn’t included a missed tackle, once, twice or thrice. 

It does happen. Some or the bad angles I get. They were working to shut down the pass and did. Plus our secondary loves to hit. Hate arm tackle attempts though.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Richie Hall is finally getting max pressure from his DEs...  our DL pure skill is making up for a lot of Hall's deficiencies in terms of blitzing

I don't know the Xs and Os well enough so I'll defer to the more knowledgeable but is it not possible to disguise the blitzes because it sure seems obvious when we are going to do it.

5 minutes ago, J5V said:

I don't know the Xs and Os well enough so I'll defer to the more knowledgeable but is it not possible to disguise the blitzes because it sure seems obvious when we are going to do it.

Well his blitzing hasn't changed in 20 years so maybe that's his strategy...  who knows

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

So the issue with disguising your blitz is that you leave your players in a less effective blitzing & a less effective coverage position than if you just blitzed or just sat in coverage. 

I guess Richie just doesn't believe the value in not knowing what's coming exceeds the value in having his guys set up where he wants them. 

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well his blitzing hasn't changed in 20 years so maybe that's his strategy...  who knows

You can look really bad blitzing if the O knows it's coming.

Talent-wise, I don't think we can be matched on the field by any other team in the league. Where we might find trouble is in being too predictable and we suffer from that particular malady on offense and defense. We execute at a high level which allows us to get away with it but if we encounter another talented team that is executing as well as we are, but have a more sinister, unpredictable game plan, we might find trouble.