ALLCAPS @ Bombers game day

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

refs are in game management mode now. Streveler looked to be in, ottawa taking shots on our guys all game and no calls, Jefferson was robbed of a sack in the endzone because o fholding, no flag of course. 

I sure hope Whitehead is okay because he was cheap-shotted at least twice, both late hits while down on the ground and defenseless. Neither drew a flag. Just disgusting.

Yea Lucky took some late shots..hope he isnt dinged bad..on that one the way he reacted I feared he may have broke collar bone..

That being said we have depth to rest him next week..Slot Matthew's in for him and I bet he plays with a viscious fire and goes off...he knows he needs to now and he has the talent...

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yea Lucky took some late shots..hope he isnt dinged bad..on that one the way he reacted I feared he may have broke collar bone..

That being said we have depth to rest him next week..Slot Matthew's in for him and I bet he plays with a viscious fire and goes off...he knows he needs to now and he has the talent...

They definitely took some extra shots on him.   

Also the refs with some really fringe calls on us,  even Nichols complained that it was such a quick out that it was impossible for Hardrick to hold.

Also a blatant missed no yards that Suitor even called the refs out on. 

Agree that the refs were complete crap tonight.  Strev robbed of a td, the cheap shots, one sided chincy holding calls, poor spots, etc...  

On the other hand it’s amazing how a short time ago this team didn’t have the horses to beat their opponent AND bad reffing.  Now they’re just too talented, too deep, too well coached and too hardworking to let bad officiating ruin a game.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Agree that the refs were complete crap tonight.  Strev robbed of a td, the cheap shots, one sided chincy holding calls, poor spots, etc...  

On the other hand it’s amazing how a short time ago this team didn’t have the horses to beat their opponent AND bad reffing.  Now they’re just too talented, too deep, too well coached and too hardworking to let bad officiating ruin a game.

It was noticeable a few times when they stretched it to 2 yards instead of half a yard.  

Other random thoughts in no particular order...

- I was mildly nervous about the game tonight prior to it starting. Jennings historically has performed well against the Bombers. That said Ottawa has no one comparable to a Burnham or Arceneaux. Considering they're a team the focuses on the short/intermediate passing game, I'm not sure the scheme fit is a good one for him.

- The drive before the first half ended was legitimately the best single drive I've seen the Bombers put together in years. Absolutely text book marching 90+ yards with 3 minutes to go to get a TD and leave no time remaining.

- Petermann is a tank. I know people have said Woli is a Jason Clermont clone. Personally I think Petermann is, and that's nothing against Woli whatsoever.

- Very happy with the depth we have both at import and non-import receiver.

- I love Geoff Grey. Jefferson as well.

- What's Ottawa's cap situation like? Who exactly are they paying big bucks to? I just can't see why, regardless of who they may be paying, that you let both Harris and Ellingson walk...

- Not sure what he did in the off season, but Medlock is pure gold in punting and kickoffs this year. 

- Lawler is a baller.

- The "fake" field goal that resulted in a procedure penalty against Ottawa was amusing...

-...As was just about anything they attempted all night.

- One of these days, Streveler is going to bounce one off tackle 70 yards for a TD. No kiddin'...

- Our D-line as a whole, even the backups like Roh and Thomas...love them.

- Lots of 8's and 9's in the rum hut tonight.

- I'm a little drunk 

- And once again, and I'll keep saying it until something changes, no one scares me this year.

- HOW BOUT THAT SMOKE?!

I know much is being made about the 5-0 starts (rightfully so), but honest to god, I cant remember the last time we’ve had two blowouts in a row. Not to mention that it’s not just that we’re undefeated, but how very clearly better we’ve been than our opponents in every game but one. These first halves are getting to the point where we can all watch 90min of football and then go do something else because they’ve already won the game. Crazy. 

Also crazy that it wasn’t that long ago that we wanted some variation of O’Shea, Hall, and Nichols fired. It’s crazy what time, patience, and consistency can do. And holy crap, Walters has been a machine these last two years. Our depth at every position is just absolutely batshit insane.