CFL Commentators and Personalities

Just curious, who else here can’t stand to see “Dirty” Davis Sanchez involved on the panel?

When that dude was playing, he took arrogant to a new level. Dirty hits, bad attitude.

In fact, I’m always hoping for Stegall to shut his mouth and mention how he hit with the intent to injure.

Thankfully, we don’t have Jock (God’s gift to everything”) Climie on the panel anymore.

What happened to Shultz?

I’m ok with Cuthbert and Ford, Dunnigan of course calling the game. 

Suitor seems to be have a man-crush on whomever the bombers are playing, or is it just me? Has he ever explained his famous "oh NO!" when Stegall Made "The Catch"?

3 minutes ago, Jerry1377 said:

Just curious, who else here can’t stand to see “Dirty” Davis Sanchez involved on the panel?

When that dude was playing, he took arrogant to a new level. Dirty hits, bad attitude.

In fact, I’m always hoping for Stegall to shut his mouth and mention how he hit with the intent to injure.

Thankfully, we don’t have Jock (God’s gift to everything”) Climie on the panel anymore.

What happened to Shultz?

I’m ok with Cuthbert and Ford, Dunnigan of course calling the game. 

Suitor seems to be have a man-crush on whomever the bombers are playing, or is it just me? Has he ever explained his famous "oh NO!" when Stegall Made "The Catch"?

I think the "oh no" probably stems from his history as a safety and the miracle that ensued.

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

I kinda like Sanchez to be honest...

I don't mind what he says... he's just not a good broadcaster... he's been doing it for a couple years now and he's still fumbling over his words and not able to articulate himself properly.... compare that to a guy like Chris Bosh... he was basically making his broadcast debut on TSN working the Raps final and he speaks on camera like a seasoned veteran... 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't mind what he says... he's just not a good broadcaster... he's been doing it for a couple years now and he's still fumbling over his words and not able to articulate himself properly

In fairness, so does Sara Orlesky (worse, maybe....) and people go nuts for her like she's the greatest broadcaster ever. I just don't get it...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Chris Bosh... he was basically making his broadcast debut on TSN working the Raps final and he speaks on camera like a seasoned veteran... 

Strange, I noticed quite a bit of urban dribbling on his part.

45 minutes ago, Starman115 said:

I didn't care for Sanchez too much when he started, but now I can tolerate him. I much prefer him to Jock who I found quite annoying and usually anti-Bombers.

Cuthbert and Dunigan are my favorites but I've lost my appreciation for Ford who almost seems disinterested sometimes.

That's outrageous.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In fairness, so does Sara Orlesky (worse, maybe....) and people go nuts for her like she's the greatest broadcaster ever. I just don't get it...

Its cause she's foxy! Sara could stand there chewing tobacco and reading from the Quran and I still wouldn't look away. If she was out there looking like Mama June circa 2012 she wouldn't get a pass. Fair or not that's how the world works!

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Its cause she's foxy! Sara could stand there chewing tobacco and reading from the Quran and I still wouldn't look away. If she was out there looking like Mama June circa 2012 she wouldn't get a pass. Fair or not that's how the world works!

stuff like this is just gross to me.....she's a mom and a wife. If you're older than 25, this type of comment is beyond creepy.

44 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I'm ok with chez or chezzy- but if his name is linked to a vile sex act- I'm out. 

Define "vile". Does it involve domestic livestock, peanut butter, trapezes, and/or mechanical devices? Asking for a friend.

Edited by Tracker

I really miss the CBC days when Mark Lee was doing games. I wish there was a way TSN could pry him away from CBC so he could do the games Cuthbert doesn't do.

One of the plays I vividly remember him calling was the 2004 playoff game between BC and the Riders. Elijah Thurmon caught a late game TD and his dramatic call was great.