Toronto @ Calgary

44 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

In a blow out game in garbage time. I mean yes we gave up 3 tds but its like Hall and Lapo closed the play books at half time and said let's see what we can do to try and lose this game lol.

Huh. Maybe the coaches close the play book in a blow out and go vanilla so they save the wrinkles for a time when they need it? 

That would be the smart thing to do actually

2 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

MBT would be a serviceable QB if he could ever knock it off with the picks...

...And Chamblin needs to keep it together better than that. Be pissed at your player sure....but don't chew him out like that either. That's how you lose a player, and lose a room...if he hasn't already.

Lost the room before week one.  But treating a pro like a high schooler on national television just turned the indifferent players into haters. Chamblin's dead.

6 hours ago, Zontar said:

Lost the room before week one.  But treating a pro like a high schooler on national television just turned the indifferent players into haters. Chamblin's dead.

He really tore into Robby Smith when tons of guys made dumb mistakes

9 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I don't get the CFL refs. Toronto was just called for spearing, but a minute ago on Calgary's fumble recovery for a TD a Calgary player clearly makes helmet to helmet (spearing) contact with the ball carrier. It is not called nor does the review camera call it. Kind of a big swing in points there refs!

It's only spearing if the ball carrier is engaged with another defender. Greenwood was the only one making a tackle. I'm not sure they call head contact on anyone that isnt a qb.

Edit...Just saw the replay on TV, and I was wrong. TO player was being tackled  before Greenwood came in.

Edited by Bigblue204

59 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Watching MBT makes you appreciate Matt Nichols.  Sometimes you wonder what he is seeing out there.  Frustrating game to watch because the Argos could have won that if they just took FGs instead of forcing throws.

Plenty of air under his throws - for the secondary’s convenience. 

8 hours ago, Zontar said:

Would wonder how Chamblin feels about himself today. 

This about says it all.

Bethel Thompson finished the game throwing four interceptions.

TO 2 fumbles

TO 1 loss on downs

TO 1 partially blocked punt

25 of Calgary’s points came off those turnovers. They are far and away the CFL leader in that category.

Arbuckle threw 2 ints 

MBThompson - read this:

Matt Nichols - "Our goal is the same every week, it's to take care of the football and score points."

For as good as MBT looked on a couple of drives, he looked terrible in his reads and trying to force the ball into coverage.

Bob Irving - So Mcleod Bethel Thompson has been with 13 pro teams.  Hmmmm, wonder why??

Ed Tait says Toronto should call @qterback5

Official attendance at McMahon Stadium was 23,355

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Watching MBT makes you appreciate Matt Nichols.  Sometimes you wonder what he is seeing out there.  Frustrating game to watch because the Argos could have won that if they just took FGs instead of forcing throws.

And Wilder Jr needs to better focus on the little things in football before he pulls out his strongman pose. Drives me crazy when he does it when the score isn't flattering the Argo's. Act like you've done it before and go get another one for the team.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And Wilder Jr needs to better focus on the little things in football before he pulls out his strongman pose. Drives me crazy when he does it when the score isn't flattering the Argo's. Act like you've done it before and go get another one for the team.

I was not happy at first but then I realized the Argos are so bad, they might as well celebrate the extremely rare times they get to the endzone, no matter the score.

56 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This about says it all.

Bethel Thompson finished the game throwing four interceptions.

TO 2 fumbles

TO 1 loss on downs

TO 1 partially blocked punt

25 of Calgary’s points came off those turnovers. They are far and away the CFL leader in that category.

Arbuckle threw 2 ints 

MBThompson - read this:

Matt Nichols - "Our goal is the same every week, it's to take care of the football and score points."

For as good as MBT looked on a couple of drives, he looked terrible in his reads and trying to force the ball into coverage.

Bob Irving - So Mcleod Bethel Thompson has been with 13 pro teams.  Hmmmm, wonder why??

Ed Tait says Toronto should call @qterback5

Official attendance at McMahon Stadium was 23,355

This seems pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I wonder if TSN is ready to close the book on James Wilder being an elite player...

The wild man,  did you know he's trying to be a wrestler? 

Wilder doesn't seem to have it anymore ....  however in the last game he definitely was trying very hard.  He had the effort. 

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

...and Derel Walker... and SJ Green...

Totally different. For one, Walker is still good and has the track record of an elite player for a number of years. Green doesn’t have it anymore but he was one of the best slots in the league for a number of years and was likely the best at his position for a good two seasons. Wilder had an elite second half of the season two years ago buoyed mainly by two massive games. He’s done next to nothing since.