Ottawa Redblacks In Town Part 2

League needs to get serious on the after the whistle stuff when guys are tied up or on the turf.  Looks like we lost Demski and Whitehead both to very late hits on very vulnerable players already engaged/on the turf.  No flag on either, see if anything comes supplemental.

Both are guys who are very marketable in terms of butts in seats and TV.  There's enough probability of guys getting injured in legal physical play, the league needs to get rid of the stuff that is not during play.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

League needs to get serious on the after the whistle stuff when guys are tied up or on the turf.  Looks like we lost Demski and Whitehead both to very late hits on very vulnerable players already engaged/on the turf.  No flag on either, see if anything comes supplemental.

Both are guys who are very marketable in terms of butts in seats and TV.  There's enough probability of guys getting injured in legal physical play, the league needs to get rid of the stuff that is not during play.

I agree. Lucky is one of the most exciting players in the league. They were targetting him last night. They keep saying they're working on cleaning up the game, but don't see anything

other than helmet to helmet.

Whoever decides about this stuff, is living in the past.

Edited by Mark F

54 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure what happened to the Ottawa defence though... Thorpe and Nelson seem to have completely changed their style - or maybe there's just no pressure from the front four now

Noel Thorpe is vastly over rated had one good season in Montreal.

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

If Demski is out for any period of time here we are going to bring in another Canadian receiver.  I wonder if Dylan Schrot will be brought back again.  More lives than a cat that guy! 

Matt Coates has moved on from football, right? 

If Whitehead & Demski are down next week and the Bombers will not pickup a NAT receiver, I think they will adjust the ratio.

Start Thomas backuped by Griffiths (one of Nevis and Richardson will sit) 

Then start 4 American Receivers - Adams, Matthews, Lawler & Bailey. Or Petermann starts but backuped by Bailey. 

Still early though. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Whitehead & Demski are down next week and the Bombers will not pickup a NAT receiver, I think they will adjust the ratio.

Then start 4 American Receivers - Adams, Matthews, Lawler & Bailey. Or Petermann starts but backuped by Bailey. 

Still early though. 

I'm betting that both Whitehead and Demski will be ready for the TiCats.

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Still early though. 

No way in hell they would do that..u dont mess with that dline whatsoever

You basically start Petie and bring on Matthews..and if a Canadian reciever gets dinged then run plays with Miller or Augustine in at TE or 2 guys coming out of backfield 

I bet both are in though..as well as Matthew's..

8 hours ago, Booch said:

No way in hell they would do that..u dont mess with that dline whatsoever

You basically start Petie and bring on Matthews..and if a Canadian reciever gets dinged then run plays with Miller or Augustine in at TE or 2 guys coming out of backfield 

I bet both are in though..as well as Matthew's..

If someone gets hurt let Harris be a receiver and put Augustine in the backfield.

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yup. We are so focussed on QB safety protection we forget there are other players that have to be protected from illegal hits.