Ottawa Redblacks In Town Part 2

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Was it against Ottawa two weeks ago that he bust his finger? Is a two week old broken finger considered “healthy” for a receiver? I dunno. 

I’m not saying he’s healthy. I’m saying even if he is, the terminology is reckless. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly, what does Walby know about anything inside the team at this point? I don't recall O'Shea proclaiming Matthews healed and good to go, I remember Matthews saying it, but Bighill said the same thing last week too. 

People are trying awfully hard to create a controversy out of nothing. 

I don't understand why he would be vague,  in the past O'Shea has said we think the player needs another week before he can go.   He's said that many times before,  why would he now be odd and unclear?  

I'm hoping it's nothing but something is fishy and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets suddenly cut.   

My take, the Winnipeg media is just taking this out of proportion.

Obviously, they don't have anything "negative" or controversial to write against the Bombers nowadays. So they jump, on any thing like this to put it on their articles. 

And of course, some of us will take a bite.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

48 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If Mathews is NOT among them ....where the hell is he???Something ain't right.....Cripes even Bo Levi with his injured wing is on the sidelines cheer leading his team.....Is he a part of this club or not...I don't like what I'm hearing or seeing.....

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

My take, the Winnipeg media is just taking this out of proportion.

Obviously, they don't have anything "negative" or controversial to write against the Bombers nowadays. So they jump, on any thing like this to put it on their articles. 

And of course, some of us will take a bite.

I am waiting for Friesen to let us know how good Foketi is looking in practice, still oblivious that he never showed up at camp.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Just a really strange situation going on the Matthews. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded/cut. What a waste.

His pinky finger was broken/dislocated so badly, it required stitches.  That was 2 weeks ago.  The Bombers are favoured by 10.5 and are playing at home.  

Also from Wednesday's Free Press:

"Still, O’Shea wouldn’t confirm whether Matthews was going to play or not. That could be simply because he doesn’t have to. Rosters aren’t submitted until the day before the game and O’Shea has never been one to show his hand ahead of time."

Further to O'Shea in media reports this week - he never ever says anyone is going to play for sure.  He answers reporters queries with "he looks good".  How we interpret that quote is on us.

I think they can afford to rest him one more game.

8 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

His pinky finger was broken/dislocated so badly, it required stitches.  That was 2 weeks ago.  The Bombers are favoured by 10.5 and are playing at home.  

Also from Wednesday's Free Press:

"Still, O’Shea wouldn’t confirm whether Matthews was going to play or not. That could be simply because he doesn’t have to. Rosters aren’t submitted until the day before the game and O’Shea has never been one to show his hand ahead of time."

Further to O'Shea in media reports this week - he never ever says anyone is going to play for sure.  He answers reporters queries with "he looks good".  How we interpret that quote is on us.

I think they can afford to rest him one more game.

I get the injury/rest part but when Matthews comes out and says he's fine and then MOS says he's a healthy scratch....Something smells like Regina.....

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I get the injury/rest part but when Matthews comes out and says he's fine and then MOS says he's a healthy scratch....Something smells like Regina.....

It smells like Matthews wants to play, but the trainer told the head coach that more rest for a receiver's dislocated finger is the most prudent move.  I'm kind of surprised that Westwood and Walby have their shorts bunched up so tightly over this.

But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It smells like Matthews wants to play, but the trainer told the head coach that more rest for a receiver's dislocated finger is the most prudent move.  I'm kind of surprised that Westwood and Walby have their shorts bunched up so tightly over this.

But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Then why wouldn't MOS just say his injury needs more time and they are just be cautious?

22 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Matthews is our biggest FA signing since Bighill. 

He's a CFL vet signed to a 3 year contract and brought in to be a leader 

The guy is not going anywhere. Its game 5, team's 4-0 and he broke a finger 3 weeks ago.

Step away from the ledge, people!

Since last year? 😁

Jefferson was pretty monstrous