Ottawa Redblacks In Town Part 2

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

Last game, we saw a concerted effort to involve Lucky in this O - reverses. sweeps, hitches, etc

Yeah and the previous game he didn't get that many touches but a lot of what Winnipeg was doing fed off all the extra attention he was receiving. 

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bob Irvine saying some people think Kenny Walker is faster than Whitehead. Yikes. Ran a 4.29 at his pro-day :P

They can both run a sub-4.3 40.

4.26 at Walker's UCLA pro day.

4.29 is Whitehead's best recorded time while working out for NFL teams.

Walker also competed as a track star, did the hurdles at the Junior Olympics.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They can both run a sub-4.3 40.

4.26 at Walker's UCLA pro day.

4.29 is Whitehead's best recorded time while working out for NFL teams.

Walker also competed as a track star, did the hurdles at the Junior Olympics.

I'd like to see Wolitarsky moved inside and Walker start at wideout. Nothing against Lawler but Walker impressed me in the games I've seen him in.

Edited by MrFreakzilla
Editing

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He honest to God thought he was down. I will give him slack for that once.

I don't. Play to the whistle for one. Don't hot dog a first down for 2. Had he stood up and had the Argo reach in and grab the ball I could have even lived with it more. But to hold the ball out to signal first down (and do a jaunty flip with it, which he was on his way to doing before it got slapped from his hand) is just arrogance.

But credit where credit is due, he made a great effort later on that non-TD pass attempt in dragging his feet. And it didn't cost us the game or anything. So forgiven, but not forgotten......yet.

Walker was my dark horse coming into camp...and watching his route running and smooth speed in and out of cuts and the fact he never dropped a thing confirmed it in my mind he was gonna stick.

He has the ability to move at top speed like Lucky, and make moves with the ball at top speed something most guys can't do

If teams are sleeping on him expect us to hit him on a deep shot if he gets reps in the offence

Completely disagree with the sentiment that this is a last chance game for Lawler. I don't think he's seen the same way by the team as he's seen around here. O'Shea is always looking at the full body of work and the big picture. Lawler is in this week because he has shown a lot in practice and in the games. He just seems a bit snakebitten to me.

By my eye test he has all the tools to be a great all around receiver. And if you listen to some of the comments made about him in interviews it sounds like the team feels the same way.

yeah at worst he goes back to PR...we need to develop guys constantly for injury, and in case we need to replace an older guy with higher SMS hit...tho I'd hate to see Adams go, but isn't he a free agent after this season, and he may command a salary that doesn't work for us next year...so Lawler would be a nice replacement..as opposed from starting from scratch

If you watch Lawlers college clips he made unreal catch after unreal catch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah at worst he goes back to PR...we need to develop guys constantly for injury, and in case we need to replace an older guy with higher SMS hit...tho I'd hate to see Adams go, but isn't he a free agent after this season, and he may command a salary that doesn't work for us next year...so Lawler would be a nice replacement..as opposed from starting from scratch

If you watch Lawlers college clips he made unreal catch after unreal catch

Yeah and you saw that on the endzone grab last game. Dude can ball. Just needed to be placed a little better on that one.

As someone who picked him for lock of the week last week I was also keenly aware that if they go four receivers, he is the one coming out. So he isn't always on the field getting opportunities.

I hope he tears it up tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Walker for Nelson...

Ah. Okay, thanks. Nelson has been looking good lately. Too bad he's out. What's the word on Walker?

Never mind, just catching up on the thread. Looking forward to seeing an even faster guy that Lucky. 

Edited by J5V
Catching up

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Sure hope not. 

Is it too much to ask if they throw him the ball a couple of times?

They are sitting him as a healthy scratch.  That greatly concerns me. 

Everything from Bauming and Matthews made it seem like he was good to go.   O'Shea even says he's healthy but they are going to still sit him.  

This concerns me greatly. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The dude ****** up his hand, why are we calling him a healthy scratch? They're giving him time to be fully healed before putting him in cause they got another crappy eastern opponent. 

Jesus. He is a healthy scratch the way Bighill was a healthy scratch last week. 

Get your heads outta your asses folks. 

No, the problem was that O'Shea said he was ready to go...that's a curse right there (lol).

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The dude ****** up his hand, why are we calling him a healthy scratch? They're giving him time to be fully healed before putting him in cause they got another crappy eastern opponent. 

Jesus. He is a healthy scratch the way Bighill was a healthy scratch last week. 

Get your heads outta your asses folks. 

On the radio they said O'Shea was asked and said Matthews was healed up and ready to go but that he will be a healthy scratch.    Why wouldn't O'Shea say we just want to give him another week to heal up.   Very fishy stuff.  

I assume since Walby thinks something is going outside of the injury that you would want him to get his head out of his ass?

Just now, AKAChip said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if O’Shea was being extra cautious with Matthews at this point in the season. Even if Matthews is technically “healthy”, Bauming throwing around the term “healthy scratch” is extremely reckless. 

Was it against Ottawa two weeks ago that he bust his finger? Is a two week old broken finger considered “healthy” for a receiver? I dunno.