Ottawa Redblacks In Town Part 2

14 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Agreed, not to mention he laid out for a pass over the middle later in the game and got throttled. Effort level is there, he seems to be a serviceable extra import WR at this point with some room to grow.

Yep, I thought he was a bit unlucky (some from his own doing) but actually looked decent.  He made a great attempt on that near touchdown as well.  He comes up with that and nobody is talking about him having a poor game.

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He honest to God thought he was down. I will give him slack for that once.

Yeah, it was meant tongue in cheek.  I wanted him to make a big play after that, as he was clearly upset with himself on the sidelines, and he almost did make a fantastic TD catch.  He's definitely got some tools.

51 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

That's not fair.... He did make that great catch across the middle....  Then celebrated too early, got tackled and fumbled the ball.  That was "making a play".

I completely disagree. The result of the play is the only thing that matters. I might give him a break if the defender made an outstanding tackle that resulted in a fumble...but that was a bad play all on him, it was grounds for getting cut bad. He's living on borrowed time right now.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I completely disagree. The result of the play is the only thing that matters. I might give him a break if the defender made an outstanding tackle that resulted in a fumble...but that was a bad play all on him, it was grounds for getting cut bad. He's living on borrowed time right now.

I was kidding.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree with you and I think that's why Matthews sits this week. O'Shea wants to see if Lawler can redeem himself and he wants to see how Walker performs to see if they will be ok cutting Lawler if he has the yips again this game. He knows what he has in Matthews, they are 4-0 playing an Eastern opponent so this is the time to do a sniff test. 

Regarding Matthews:

Just yesterday, Chris Matthews said: "I'm healthy now. So it's all about going out there and making things happen." Today, he is scratched in favour of Kenny Lawler. The plot thickens with regard to #Bombers big free-agent signing. - Wyman 

This speculation is what happens when you zig and zag about intent and circle the truth.

Theres a simple solution to this problem.

The pinky swear.

If this had been used with Matthews at the beginning of the week..there would be no speculation..

4 minutes ago, Firekid said:

I agree with you and I think that's why Matthews sits this week. O'Shea wants to see if Lawler can redeem himself and he wants to see how Walker performs to see if they will be ok cutting Lawler if he has the yips again this game. He knows what he has in Matthews, they are 4-0 playing an Eastern opponent so this is the time to do a sniff test

Pass.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He honest to God thought he was down. I will give him slack for that once.

This has been bugging me for a solid week but this isn't the first time Lawler had a brain fart, he did  a similar thing in the Esks. pre-season game.  Caught the ball almost sitting down, left it sitting on his lap because he thought he was already down and an Esk. defender came from behind and knocked it out, lucky it wasn't declared a fumble.  O'Shea challenged to no avail.

Unfortunately I can't find any video of the play but there is this evidence.

(10:56) B. BENNETT Incomplete Pass intended for K. LAWLER at E20, PLAY REVIEWED (Coach): Call Stands, CHALLENGE: Winnipeg challenged the incomplete pass

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Miles looks a little thick to be covering receivers, I can't see them playing him at WIL.  I don't know why they don't start Wilson at MLB and stick Warren in at WIL, ratio is irrelevant.

Yup. 230lbs+ Caucasian Canadian? Don't like those odds.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti