Rivalries, Late Starts, & Game Days - Attendance

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Sorry but I have never subscribed to the cottage country theory. In 2001, that barn was sold out, or nearly sold out every single game, and that was before anyone knew what kind of season we were going to have. If you have a winner, and your tickets are reasonably priced, it will sell out consistently.

It's almost a different world though.  People who have a cottage now really need to make use of it to justify it because a $120,000 house in 2001 is now $300,000.  If you're paying some or all of the bills at both places and making even a slightly above average income you're already basically broke as a family.  

I think it's more of a factor for people in their 30s and 40s who were in their teens and 20s in 2001.  A $600 mortgage payment has basically tripled when you compare Generation X to Millenials, and then like you noted earlier there's been pretty significant inflation on the cost just to get into the stadium....plus the Jets have returned which has taken a big bite out of that sports fan market share.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know about the cottage factor,  we have been looking lately and their is a tonne of inventory with a whole lot of older folks trying to off load them.    

For sale signs up and down the east side of lake Winnipeg.....An yeh lotsa older people here.