Rivalries, Late Starts, & Game Days - Attendance

Mr Dee

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Rogers hates the CFL, one of the many reasons I switched my cell phone account.

I cut the cord many years ago. Went strictly Internet. Called Rogers one day and said, "My contract is up, cancel my home phone, cell phones (2), cable and Internet." They went ballistic when I wouldn't tell them who I went with so they could match. The rep actually proclaimed in the most arrogant tone imaginable, "You'll be back!" Ha! Never went back and don't miss them at all.

10 hours ago, J5V said:

I cut the cord many years ago. Went strictly Internet. Called Rogers one day and said, "My contract is up, cancel my home phone, cell phones (2), cable and Internet." They went ballistic when I wouldn't tell them who I went with so they could match. The rep actually proclaimed in the most arrogant tone imaginable, "You'll be back!" Ha! Never went back and don't miss them at all.

When I was with Rogers in Toronto (cable & cell) I was constantly amazed at their poor customer service and their arrogant and unpleasant attitude. Until I called to quit: that was the most pleasant attitude ever conveyed by a Rogers rep in my 16~ years with them.

I left Rogers two years ago and they still send me a statement every month showing that I have a $20 credit.  I asked them to just send me a cheque and they said that the credit is only transferable to another Rogers account.  So instead I just let them waste money on postage every month sending me the statement.

23 hours ago, Uncle Bill said:

My great fear is SportsNet will win the contract and they’ll expose cfl fans to the worst collection of play-by-play and colour announcers while placing them second fiddle to nba and leaf events. 

"We apologize for the delay in the Winnipeg - Saskatchewan playoff game. Well return after our hour long analysis of the horrendous Austin Matthews hangnail injury."

With Rod Black doing the play calling, TSN isn't all that far off that description. And the CFL is treated like a poor relative to the NHL. We can kvetch all we like, but that is never going to change. I cite 1290 radio as proof.

36 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

1290 will never convince me that people actually want to hear them yak about the Jets all summer - just a serious lack of creativity on their part. 

I was just thinking this on my ride in this morning. I am so sick of hearing about the RFAs not signing until Sept. When one signs tell us if not, **** off. Tell us some news about the CFL and actual sports that are being played right now. 

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Rogers used a collection agency to contact me about a  two year old $50.00 bill.....which was in the name of my deceased niece.   My reaction was somewhat less than measured.....

Sheesh. I can't imagine anyone blaming you if you lost it on them. I guess they figure if they farm it out to a collection agency, well, it's not us, it's them. We would never ... Yeah right.

19 hours ago, J5V said:

What do you do for live sports? 

16 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I am also a cord-cutter, personally I listen to the radio for games, if it's a game I really want to watch, I'll go to the local pub, though that doesn't happen often.

I’ve heard that cord cutters have an impact on pub traffic. Have never had anyone first hand say so. It’s a solution, obviously, but not necessarily practical for me. Ok, I’ve not gone on a deep dive into solving the live sports issue yet. 

24 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I am also a cord-cutter, personally I listen to the radio for games, if it's a game I really want to watch, I'll go to the local pub, though that doesn't happen often.

Uh-oh..... somebody ain't going to like this........ 😜.......lol

3 hours ago, Firekid said:

I was just thinking this on my ride in this morning. I am so sick of hearing about the RFAs not signing until Sept. When one signs tell us if not, **** off. Tell us some news about the CFL and actual sports that are being played right now. 

In fairness lately they've talked a lot more about the CFL then usual.  

I do find it odd though that they have zero time for the Goldeyes and Valour FC but can dedicated 15 minutes on horse racing which nobody cares about. 

53 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’ve heard that cord cutters have an impact on pub traffic. Have never had anyone first hand say so. It’s a solution, obviously, but not necessarily practical for me. Ok, I’ve not gone on a deep dive into solving the live sports issue yet. 

I've mentioned this on the forum before, TSN offers 24-hour day passes to stream CFL games for a very reasonable $4.99 per day... much better than ridiculous cable prices, considering I can get my main news source (CBC) also online for free.