Week 5 Takeaways

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Jus saying..... Dom is fourth on the cfl stats and Matty is sixth.  I know .... it don't mean nothing.  And No.....I do not want Dom back lol....

Oh FFS. You're clueless. Check out his QB Rating. Then check out Nichols. As you don't know, the QB Ratings takes his entire performance into consideration. So, his passing stats & wins. You sound more & more stupid with every post you make.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Disagree with your assessment of Arbuckle. He played well & his receivers did not. So many dropped passes & fumbles. Special teams cover teams were awful. Arbuckle played well enough to win. Other areas of concern on that team.

Well certainly not my concern.  Let em keep tanking I say and let the Arbuckle train go off the rails.  It's the Bombers time.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Oh FFS. You're clueless. Check out his QB Rating. Then check out Nichols. As you don't know, the QB Ratings takes his entire performance into consideration. So, his passing stats & wins. You sound more & more stupid with every post you make.

Dude chill, I'm pretty sure he was making a bit of a joke about it.  Of course Davis is not a better QB and we all know this.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I only posted a fact.  I never made any claims.  You can stop with rude comments. 

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I only posted a fact.  I never made any claims.  You can stop with rude comments. 

What fact? Cherry picking stats??? We've already seen that yardage isn't the be all or end all. Why not mention his TD to intercept numbers. His QB Efficiency? His won-lost record?? Because you have no clue.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

They are not... No question. 

This. I don't know what team people are watching. But I'm seeing a decent offense that sputters more often then not and a defence that can not stop anyone but the riders. They are pretenders. Coaching will get them above 500 but right now they are easily 3rd in the west, and 5th overall. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What fact? Cherry picking stats??? We've already seen that yardage isn't the be all or end all. Why not mention his TD to intercept numbers. His QB Efficiency? His won-lost record?? Because you have no clue.

You really gotta chill and relax dude.  All I did was post what's on the cfl stat page.... which was funny.  Matt has 4 wins Dom has 2 so naturally it was funny to see that.  Really though relax because I would hate if you never made it to the end of the season..    thus missing a bomber grey cup win. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You really gotta chill and relax dude.  All I did was post what's on the cfl stat page.... which was funny.  Matt has 4 wins Dom has 2 so naturally it was funny to see that.  Really though relax because I would hate if you never made it to the end of the season..    thus missing a bomber grey cup win. 

Well, says the guy who ******* on every thread & every post about Nichols & never stops. Look in the mirror. You can't even interpret the stats right. You are a clown.

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

think the CFL took holding out of the rulebook and just didn't announce it.

They screwed up so many games in the past with constant holding penalties,  they  took  a look at it, and decided ..... I know!  why don't we just stop calling holding!

D lineman were actually getting tackled right beside ref, no call. 🍰

Edited by Mark F

46 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No you didnt, You posted what you thought you saw. And you don’t even watch the Bombers. 

BC...a bunch of individuals, team is a  disaster

Cal...so used to them dominating, they are still good they are playing with a B/U QB but holes showing

Edm...they are a good team, still take a ton of penalties, but a good team

Sask...no Jones has left them without an identity, can they find one and can the find it in time

Wpg...all 3 phases showing they are good, but yet to play a full game

T.O...who is worse BC or T.O, MBT is looking decent and Walker is still one of the best, is it enough..when do they play BC

Mtrl...when you look at their roster it is actually decent, not surprised they strung together a couple wins

Hammy...lot's of big play on this team

Ott...with the amount of roster turn-over and talent lost can you expect anything other than a few struggles, well coached and can still make some noise

Side notes...Speedy B, and Lucky are simply put freaks of nature....what could have been in Roberts kept himself in shape...

5 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I believe he simply clicked the link here and just let it open without clicking the categories

https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?season=2019

Which reflects what I said. He’s incapable. He doesn’t even watch the games. 

Edited by Rod Black

Marshall Ferguson, sorry your over my head. This was not just one misstep, goof up, or mistake. It’s enduring. Ill will comes to mind. Vile accusations in babble ice the cake. This ? Doesn’t even watch games. 

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, I sometimes wonder if Marshall Ferguson watches the games either given the goofy setup he has for his QB accuracy chart.

Edited by Rod Black

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't suppose there is any word on BLM's injury but I expect the team will regain form once he finally returns.  With their poor start there is little chance they will be able to catch the Bombers in the standings, it's super important the Bombers kick their butts as well as the Esks. head to head and in the playoffs establishing dominance, if they can accomplish these goals throughout the season, taking the G.C. should be a cake-walk.

Well, the Bombers are 4-0, CAL is 2-2, they put Mitchell on the 6-game IR beginning with their game against SSK, looking ahead, that would mean he'd be eligible to return for their week 10 match up against the Als (assuming he sits a full 6 games on IR). So, they're currently 2 games back of us, but play us three times, 4 wins to start the year is fantastic, but teams have dug themselves out of much bigger holes, and they're actually still in a playoff spot as of right now (3rd in the West)

Also, Grey Cups are never a cake walk, just ask the 2001 Bombers...

36 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Which reflects what I said. He’s incapable. He doesn’t even watch the games. 

C'mon now... everyone who peruses this site knows the single most important stat to judge a QB by is passing yards... it's even what the CFL QB stats page sorts to by default!

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

C'mon now... everyone who peruses this site knows the single most important stat to judge a QB by is passing yards... it's even what the CFL QB stats page sorts to by default!

Well yeah. Of course. Without regard to games played, recent chart updates, all very confusing stuff! It’s bloody hard!