MTL @ OTT

Happy for Khari and Vernon Adams.

I still think it'll be really unlikely for Khari to succeed in Montreal (thanks Kavis Reed!) but maybe he gets an extended shot there and eventually somewhere else.

Been a fan of Vernon Adams since his college days and continually thought he was perfect for the CFL. Has a chance to be a really exciting QB still, so hopefully it works out now finally.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Montreal has a lot of talent there..so not a shock they are putting it together now that they have a coaching staff that's capable. 

As much as a putz Kavis is he has actually assembled a decent squad..

And I'm glad because I was worried there 'was going to be consequences'

Edited by Fraser

What I saw in this game...

Vernon Adams is mobile but it seems like every game he has about 5 throws where his feet are not planted and he's throwing completely off balanced.... these throws usually are very close to being interceptions.  He knifed some good throws in traffic but he definitely doesn't handle pressure well. 

Davis was for the most part absolute garbage.   He should of had a few more picks against him.  The guy locks in on guys big time.  I'm glad that he was called out on being 3 games bad and only one game good this season.   

Montreal has a decent defense.... Ottawa is soft in the secondary.  Randle is just not having a good season at all.  

My biggest take away is that when things were not going well for Montreal in the 2nd quarter....  They showed Khari pumping up his team and yelling lets make a stop or follow your lines.... actually coaching.    Compare that to Claybrooks who when things go bad has his tongue sticking out and looking completely lost and defeated.   Khari is definitely getting the most out of his team and I take back my previous comments on thinking he was just a mediocre coordinator. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Montreal has a decent defense.... Ottawa is soft in the secondary.  Randle is just not having a good season at all.  

Randle simply put just isn't the player he once was. He took a significant step back last year and has continued to regress this season. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his final season.

On 2019-07-14 at 1:36 AM, Brandon said:

What I saw in this game...

Vernon Adams is mobile but it seems like every game he has about 5 throws where his feet are not planted and he's throwing completely off balanced.... these throws usually are very close to being interceptions.  He knifed some good throws in traffic but he definitely doesn't handle pressure well. 

Davis was for the most part absolute garbage.   He should of had a few more picks against him.  The guy locks in on guys big time.  I'm glad that he was called out on being 3 games bad and only one game good this season.   

My biggest take away is that when things were not going well for Montreal in the 2nd quarter....  They showed Khari pumping up his team and yelling lets make a stop or follow your lines.... actually coaching.    Compare that to Claybrooks who when things go bad has his tongue sticking out and looking completely lost and defeated.   Khari is definitely getting the most out of his team and I take back my previous comments on thinking he was just a mediocre coordinator. 

Could be he WAS a mediocre OC but will be a good HC... the skillset for excellence between the two doesn't precisely overlap.

Take Lapo... I think if he moves back to HC he'll end up having trouble again because his skillset isn't driven towards team motivation.  

24 minutes ago, do or die said:

Watching that team last couple of years.....needing attitude adjustment.  Khari is getting that part done, anyways.  Continued development at the QB position, would raise his IQ even further

I was having the discussion about Montreal with someone yesterday and I'm still not sure if VA will ever be "the guy", but should Khari ever get someone with potential, then watch out...

I'm glad Montreal has turned it around at least 4 games in.  They looked absolutely horrible to start but now look to be a decent team trending in an upwards direction, even more so when you consider the tire fire that is happening off the field.  I mean, They lacked a starting QB, fired their HEAD COACH between pre-season and regular season and now their GM.   They put in a Rookie HC that also has to be the OC with QBs without much experience.   

Pretty Impressive when you consider all that and it looks to be Khari that is making all the difference so far. 

Has anyone confirmed if Khari has been able to get his headset off without issue?