3 stars plus hh arrblloowwwss

wbbfan

The way Hecht’s arm was dangling when he came off I thought dislocated shoulder. But given how he was moving it around, I thought if they popped it back in, he is showing no ill effects. Given what others saw, concussion protocol makes sense. I suspect in a tight game, he and Hardrick go back in. But as much as it bothers some fans who hate common sense and foot off the gas, resting them and coasting was the proper move. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On the one in the north end zone the miscommunication/misread was on the corner being not in his zone..Jones was over top help and hustled to try and get there.

Not sure if halfback or corner was on wrong page but someone was.

Jones made first key stop on the 3 goaline attempts and also several other nice reads/tackles...

No real glaring errors...is interesting to hear tho Benevudes liking Hechts play and saying he is an upgrade over Loffler whom he said made way too many errors/screw ups at safety

Edited by Booch

On 2019-07-12 at 11:10 PM, J5V said:

Very unhappy with the chippy, dirty play by the Argos and infuriated with the lack of control by the officials. 

For example, when Andrew Harris refuses to go down in a crowd, it seems to be a tactic to grab his helmet and (try to) rip it off. This is most certainly not a legal tactic and is extremely dangerous. Note to officials: If he (Andrew) hasn't gone down in a crowd, but progress is stopped, blow your whistle. If the defense takes liberties with Andrew after the whistle, grow a pair and throw a flag. 

O'Shea had words with the officials after Harris had is pot lifted the first time by Argos. That's 3 times in the past two games Harris has had his helmet yanked. Dangerous play.

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Interesting, when did Benevides say that? 

He mentioned it on the pre-game show. He also brought up the point that Hall was as good as gone last year if it wasn't for Osh rallying hard for him. Milt and Sanchez nodded in agreement. They all seemed to agree that it was a good move not to release Richie.

Benevides is excellent on the panel. He adds a good conterpoint to the hysterics of the other guys and drops little morsels like his opinion on Hecht and this Hall scenario. He said something else that made me sit up but I cant remember what it was.

4 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

He mentioned it on the pre-game show. He also brought up the point that Hall was as good as gone last year if it wasn't for Osh rallying hard for him. Milt and Sanchez nodded in agreement. They all seemed to agree that it was a good move not to release Richie.

Benevides is excellent on the panel. He adds a good conterpoint to the hysterics of the other guys and drops little morsels like his opinion on Hecht and this Hall scenario. He said something else that made me sit up but I cant remember what it was.

I really enjoyed when Benevides and Lapo were on together. Two coordinators from both sides of the ball going at it incorporating the game situation scenarios.

When does Kavis Reed join the panel? :)

26 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

O'Shea had words with the officials after Harris had is pot lifted the first time by Argos. That's 3 times in the past two games Harris has had his helmet yanked. Dangerous play.

I'm not justifying hits on Harris but I've always wondered how tight he wears his helmet the amount of times it comes off.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm not justifying hits on Harris but I've always wondered how tight he wears his helmet the amount of times it comes off.

The fact that he can take it on or off without loosening the chin strap is pretty ridiculous.  I can see losing your lid becoming a penalized safety infraction shortly, it happens too often nowdays.

On 2019-07-14 at 10:08 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Wasn't it 5 seasons or so ago where everyone in the league was losing helmets at a higher frequency? I thought the league did something to change that?

41 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Wasn't it 5 seasons or so ago where everyone in the league was losing helmets at a higher frequency? I thought the league did something to change that?

There are penalties for illegal equipment, including helmets. No one is allowed to play with an unbuckled chin strap, the offending player will be sent off if the equipment is broken, but a player who violates the rule is treated like an injured player and sent off for 3 plays. No player may deliberately remove their own helmet on the field of play, if you do you get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If your helmet comes off accidentally in the middle of the play, you are ineligible to participate in the play any further, and if you are the ball carrier the play is immediately whistled dead. Harris is not technically breaking any rules because his chin strap is done up, but as pointed out, it is essentially useless since he can take off his helmet without undoing it, so the chinstrap in no way is securing the helmet to his head. I suspect if this keeps happening they will tweak the wording of the rule so that the chin strap is fastened "in such a manner as to prevent the helmet from being capable of coming off in the normal course of play (a facemask would not be considered "normal course of play" but regular tackling contact would be). I believe the officials could determine that his helmet is not properly secured and send him off for three plays at this time based on how loose the chin strap is, even if it is done up.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

There are penalties for illegal equipment, including helmets. No one is allowed to play with an unbuckled chin strap, the offending player will be sent off if the equipment is broken, but a player who violates the rule is treated like an injured player and sent off for 3 plays. No player may deliberately remove their own helmet on the field of play, if you do you get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If your helmet comes off accidentally in the middle of the play, you are ineligible to participate in the play any further, and if you are the ball carrier the play is immediately whistled dead. Harris is not technically breaking any rules because his chin strap is done up, but as pointed out, it is essentially useless since he can take off his helmet without undoing it, so the chinstrap in no way is securing the helmet to his head. I suspect if this keeps happening they will tweak the wording of the rule so that the chin strap is fastened "in such a manner as to prevent the helmet from being capable of coming off in the normal course of play (a facemask would not be considered "normal course of play" but regular tackling contact would be). I believe the officials could determine that his helmet is not properly secured and send him off for three plays at this time based on how loose the chin strap is, even if it is done up.

Streveler can also slip his helmet on and off as easy as if it were a ball-cap.