Protection Issues

Mark H.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

With so many subpar OLs around the league, one has to wonder if teams shouldn’t add an extra blocker. Without time in the pocket, their offenses are going nowhere. 

A lot more teams have been doing that. But quick hit passes are the best way to beat the rush 

22 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Watching the game tonight I was wondering if Refs aren’t calling holding to improve QB protection. 

Seems like MBT would have been mauled a few times but for some holds that weren’t except on that one play in the 4th. 

As long as the O-lineman keeps the rusher locked in front of them they tend to ignore the holding that goes on every single play.  Only time they call it is when the defender breaks around them and they're still hanging on.

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

A lot more teams have been doing that. But quick hit passes are the best way to beat the rush 

Very true. In the B.C. game, quick hitters were pretty much non-existent. It looked like Reilly was trying to roll out at times - when his tackles were both already on the turf. 

On thing is certain - this ain’t good for the league overall. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

Very true. In the B.C. game, quick hitters were pretty much non-existent. It looked like Reilly was trying to roll out at times - when his tackles were both already on the turf. 

On thing is certain - this ain’t good for the league overall. 

Agree. And Idk what a good solution to the problem is. The league needs fresh blood at qb. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree. And Idk what a good solution to the problem is. The league needs fresh blood at qb. 

Better offensive coordinators are what the league needs in my opinion. Watching the entire BC receiving corp running deep routes over and over with not a single option for Reilly to throw to within 20 yards of the LOS (even when it was obvious the BC O-line was getting killed) was painful to watch.

7 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Better offensive coordinators are what the league needs in my opinion. Watching the entire BC receiving corp running deep routes over and over with not a single option for Reilly to throw to within 20 yards of the LOS (even when it was obvious the BC O-line was getting killed) was painful to watch.

I doubt only the OC was responsible for that - we’re all familiar with Reilly’s body of work.