Argos at Bombers - Game Day

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Coming from the city that calls in the army for help when they get the slightest bit of snow, I'm not sure they should be making weather jokes.

Dammit, I have to defend Toronto. I hate when this happens. 

Anyone who has lived in Southern Ontario, north and along Lake Ontario knows how ridiculously heavy the snowfall can be when it storms. I don't just mean volume but also the heavy weight of the wet snow. That was a crazy snowfall that shut the city down. 

Just now, JCon said:

The thing is... you don't. It's game day and we are hosting the Argos- you are allowed, Nay-EXPECTED to not defend T.O or at the very least defend them after they have collected up off the field their battered and bruised egos, slumping back to the big smoke where they will wallow in full emo style contemplating their pained existence as a franchise where no one cares...

Remember after... not before.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The thing is... you don't. It's game day and we are hosting the Argos- you are allowed, Nay-EXPECTED to not defend T.O or at the very least defend them after they have collected up off the field their battered and bruised egos, slumping back to the big smoke where they will wallow in full emo style contemplating their pained existence as a franchise where no one cares...

Remember after... not before.

Argos could use the military's help right about now. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Been sitting here trying to think which super hero movie character our Matty resembles.... can't come up with nothin lol

No need for real men football players to look like pretty boy actors anyway. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Anyone who has lived in Southern Ontario, north and along Lake Ontario knows how ridiculously heavy the snowfall can be when it storms. I don't just mean volume but also the heavy weight of the wet snow. That was a crazy snowfall that shut the city down. 

So my post was as accurate as their tweet then?

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

So what???  You have a blizzard probably best to stay home and keep out of the way for a day or two until it melts,  cluckle-heads who refuse to alter their schedule based on obvious deterrents are the ones who die during natural disasters.  "Not now Reaper Man, I have a reservation!!!"

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

So what???  You have a blizzard probably best to stay home and keep out of the way for a day or two until it melts,  cluckle-heads who refuse to alter their schedule based on obvious deterrents are the ones who die during natural disasters.  "Not now Reaper Man, I have a reservation!!!"

Sure, for people just going out. Not so for those that are involved in emergency services, which was the primary concern. Ambulances, fire trucks, police couldn't move around. Never mind those that work at hospitals. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure, for people just going out. Not so for those that are involved in emergency services, which was the primary concern. Ambulances, fire trucks, police couldn't move around. Never mind those that work at hospitals. 

We got snowed in for the better part of a week up north..... no army called.... same issues hospital workers etc etc.  The town rallied and everyone made it to where they needed to be. 

that's actually a relatively harsh burn by the Bombers twitter team...I'm impressed. I know the league doesn't like jokes about attendance, because it's a sore spot, so good on the Bombers for saying "**** it" and taking their shot. It's what I'd do....

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's actually a relatively harsh burn by the Bombers twitter team...I'm impressed. I know the league doesn't like jokes about attendance, because it's a sore spot, so good on the Bombers for saying "**** it" and taking their shot. It's what I'd do....

Has a team been fined for going against the social media policy?