Argos at Bombers - Game Day

First of all ...excellent game and we are leaving no doubt we're the team to beat in this league ...BUT I got crucified last game cuz I said our Db's did not look great...Sure we took the foot of the gas for a bit and that's to be expected with a lead we had ...However look at the passing yardage put up by a qb, who is ...let's say...not the greatest qb. in the league....One game this is going to come back and haunt us....For now I'll enjoy the 4 and 0 start

Just now, Goalie said:

I don't see it. He had 17 passes for a total of 80 85 yards.. 

That's not good. 

It’s the same thing that happened to Streveler against Ottawa that lead some to the conclusion that he played poorly. Both these guys are at the mercy of Lapo. He destroyed any flow in the offence after halftime. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He wasn't very good. 215 yards isnt good.. No matter how u slice it. It means we dont move the ball passing

I can't argue with that. You're right Nichols is a piece of **** and should never see the field again.  Long live Streveler and his outstanding stats.  

You're right, I'm wrong and your logic is bang on.

Edited by B-F-F-C

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

First of all ...excellent game and we are leaving no doubt we're the team to beat in this league ...BUT I got crucified last game cuz I said our Db's did not look great...Sure we took the foot of the gas for a bit and that's to be expected with a lead we had ...However look at the passing yardage put up by a qb, who is ...let's say...not the greatest qb. in the league....One game this is going to come back and haunt us....For now I'll enjoy the 4 and 0 start

While we did have some pressure & I think 3 sacks we didn't get constant pressure on MBT. He was allowed to stand in the pocket  & complete passes downfield. Mostly to Derrel Walker.  Fenner is weak in coverage & combine that with MBT having time (mostly) to throw & the loss of Hecht all made for along night in that secondary.

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

I can't argue with that. You're right Nichols is a piece of **** and should never see the field again.  Long live Streveler and his outstanding stats.  

Who TF said any of that... I was stating a fact... We dont move the ball through the air.. We either hit a deep ball or gain 4 yards. 

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We didn't have our MLB or Safety. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Yeah.. But this isnt just today exclusive. This is our O. Big plays or nothing. 

People are complaining last season because of the dink and dunk offense and we dont stretch the fields. Now we are stretching the field and people are still complaining

Stats are for losers. What matter is the 2 point in the standings. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. But this isnt just today exclusive. This is our O. Big plays or nothing. 

Many people here previously hated Lapo's dink and dunk offence.  Posters here were saying Nichols can't complete the deep ball.   We're never happy.

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

I can't stand Lapo...but...It's a three possession game at the half. Its bound to happen. The game would not have been called the same way had it been a ten point game. 

This is the first game where I hope he leaves after the season. Never felt that way about him before but c'mon. I'm tired of watching that **** when we have a lead.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

People are complaining last season because of the dink and dunk offense and we dont stretch the fields. Now we are stretching the field and people are still complaining

Stats are for losers. What matter is the 2 point in the standings. 

However, last year we still sat on the lead. So, there's that.