Argos at Bombers - Game Day

“If we just play our football and focus on us, we’ll be alright. Obviously, we’ve done our homework on where to attack them, but if you focus on the other team too much or something like your own personal goals then you’ve already lost that week. Pay attention to your details and what we need to do.” - Nic Demski

👁‍🗨 I like the sound of the bolded part..🏈😉

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/12/3-storylines-watch-bombers-vs-argonauts/?hootPostID=73ead752b95c3e7a72be74e70e815a0c

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

“If we just play our football and focus on us, we’ll be alright. Obviously, we’ve done our homework on where to attack them, but if you focus on the other team too much or something like your own personal goals then you’ve already lost that week. Pay attention to your details and what we need to do.” - Nic Demski

👁‍🗨 I like the sound of the bolded part..🏈😉

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/12/3-storylines-watch-bombers-vs-argonauts/?hootPostID=73ead752b95c3e7a72be74e70e815a0c

Short assignment...

48 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well in case you didn't see it, J5V says Streveler can do everything Nichols can do which I take to include "kicking sand in faces," so ... Yeah lol

Okay, other than experience, what does Nichols do better, because I'm betting he (Streveler) understands the Xs and Os just fine, throws better, runs better, is a better athlete, has more heart and fire, is a better leader, and is the kind of QB that can carry a team on his back and that an offense will run through walls for. The rest is likely a wash. We are never going to know until he gets full-time reps and a few years of seasoning under his belt like Nichols has. 

The only way Streveler is going to get full-time reps this season is if Nichols gets hurt, next season if Nichols gets cut or traded, or Streveler plays for another team and I definitely don't want to see him playing elsewhere. But I think it would be a huge mistake to think this kid can't play and play well.

There is going to come a time when he will no longer settle for being a career backup. He needs to play full-time reps soon or we are just wasting him.

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

Okay, other than experience, what does Nichols do better, because I'm betting he (Streveler) understands the Xs and Os just fine, throws better, runs better, is a better athlete, has more heart and fire, is a better leader, and is the kind of QB that can carry a team on his back and that an offense will run through walls for. The rest is likely a wash. We are never going to know until he gets full-time reps and a few years of seasoning under his belt like Nichols has. 

The only way Streveler is going to get full-time reps this season is if Nichols gets hurt, next season if Nichols gets cut or traded, or Streveler plays for another team and I definitely don't want to see him playing elsewhere. But I think it would be a huge mistake to think this kid can't play and play well.

There is going to come a time when he will no longer settle for being a career backup. He needs to play full-time reps soon or we are just wasting him.

And why do you think I just lobbied for him to get playing time tonight?  See, somehow, and I don't get this line of reasoning, but somehow there seems to be this notion that being pro Nichols is being anti Streveler, and vice versa and I say you can be both.  Hell when people were still talking about Streveler vs Alex Ross I went on record as saying right out the gate I thought he should be our backup.  So far I'm glad he is.

And as to him carrying a team on his back, I think that's pretty heavy prognostication not based on a lot.  Now here's the thing, the Lapolice offense I believe is intentionally designed so that QBs are not meant to do that.  And I think that's a good thing so that you don't become overly dependent on the starter.

But I really feel like after this last week, I really feel like people have moved the goal posts around for Streveler letting him off the hook for the same game manager stuff Nichols has been knocked for.  And ... Well should people be worried Strev only gets reps if Nichols goes down, cuz I seen a lot of new narratives being bumped that he's injury prone now.

I mean, all I'm doing here is just gathering up all the puzzle pieces and trying to put them all together

Nichols - not ready to move on. He’s found his grove there in the ‘Peg. 

Streveler - I’m not convinced he wants to move on next year. He’s got a good thing going here, and I think he knows it. But, outside factors might move the pieces around.

McGuire - like what I see in this guy. Could be the future.

Factors - of course, the SMS and perhaps the 2 QB roster situation.

Nichols and McGuire? I can see it. And that’s not a knock on Streveler.

Boy, QB questions like these are so much better than in the recent past. 😀