Argos at Bombers - Game Day

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

So what???  You have a blizzard probably best to stay home and keep out of the way for a day or two until it melts,  cluckle-heads who refuse to alter their schedule based on obvious deterrents are the ones who die during natural disasters.  "Not now Reaper Man, I have a reservation!!!"

Y'know what? You're absolutely right and I'm guilty of being one of those cluckle-heads. Let me share a story ...

I tried to drive 4 hours to a job this winter. Got caught in a wicked white-out in the middle of nowhere. Ended up driving off the road and into the ditch. Spent 14 hours there until the wind and snow subsided enough that I could venture out of the car to explore my surroundings. Turns out there was a farm house just 1/4 mile away. It also turns out there was a wicked accident with a tractor trailer and 5 cars on the road directly above my car which was in the ditch. I hadn't seen or heard a thing. Cop on the scene didn't even know I was there. When I crawled up out of the ditch he said, "you're lucky that tractor trailer didn't head for the ditch. He'd be right on top of you", and I almost vomited at how lucky I had actually been. I was also lucky to have had blankets, food, a full tank of gas and a running engine. I remember calling 9-1-1 when it first happened and talking to the O.P.P. It was then that the stupidity of what I had done hit me and my heart sank when she said, "I'm sorry sir, we're not sending our officers out in this weather. Stay with your car, stay warm, and be patient. We have a lock on your location from your cell phone and will send someone to find you when the weather clears". To almost add insult to injury the cop contemplated charging me with dangerous driving but I think he let me off when he realized I might have learned my lesson. Never again will I do something so utterly stupid. I should have turned around and went back home or better yet, never left in the first place. And for what? A job that that I was laid off from a few short months later. Just dumb. But I remember thinking at the time, I have driven through stuff like this before. I'll make it!

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I suspect that last night's BC-Edmonton game will look a lot like the game tonight.

Our crowd won't be leaving though, or at least they'd better not.

Really would love to see both Streveler and MacGuire operate the controls once we get a 3 or 4 TD lead (I'm calling that).  Not to let the foot off the gas but to get em more game ready just as we allowed Bennett to do last year in Montreal.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Really would love to see both Streveler and MacGuire operate the controls once we get a 3 or 4 TD lead (I'm calling that).  Not to let the foot off the gas but to get em more game ready just as we allowed Bennett to do last year in Montreal.

I can't wait to see Streveler run this offense on a full-time basis to prove all the naysayers wrong. There is nothing he can't do at least as well as Nichols, IMO.

Redzone production is a huge factor this year... somewhere Lapo grew a pair... still want to see Wolitarsky moved into SB though - but that's pretty minor

Also getting TD production while Matthews is injured and Nichols is not 'at his best' is very impressive

Think the front seven is in MBT's face all night...

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

I can't wait to see Streveler run this offense on a full-time basis to prove all the naysayers wrong. There is nothing he can't do at least as well as Nichols, IMO.

What naysayers?  I wasn't aware he had any lol.

Course I suppose I should warn him the Nichols detractors will turn on him if he doesn't consistently get 300 passing yards a game lol.

Edited by USABomberfan

Inspired by Willie Jefferson, with sincere apologies to Jimi Hendrix:

Big Blue Haze, all in their brain
Football things just don't seem the same
Not so funny, but we all know why
Excuses, while they miss the try

Big Blue Haze, all around
Bombers move that ball, right up and down
Those teams unhappy and in misery.
Whatever it is, O'Shea put a spell on me

Help them, help them
Oh no no... No

Yeah
Big Blue Haze all in their eyes
They don't just know, if it's day or night
They got them blowin, blowin their mind
and lose tomorrow, tilll the end of time.

Big Blue Haze
Big Blue Haze
Big Blue Haze

46 minutes ago, do or die said:

Big Blue Haze

Jimi says:

"Thankyou, now if you'll excuse me, I must be on my way. "

now this is great:

Paul Lapolice tweet

Any young bomber fans at the game early come to the south end zone and play catch with myself and the QBs before we start our warm up. Go bombers! Be loud tonight!

big thrill for some kids.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

That would come as a surprise to me-that has not been O'Shea's modus operandi thus far. Besides, if Nichols is hot, why not let him kick sand in the Argos' faces all night long? I thought that Toronto had better coaching than has been evident thus far.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

I seriously doubt we’ll willingly let McGuire run the offence at all tonight. 

Not that there’s anything wrong with that..

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Don’t care if we win by 1 or 50. Just win!

No. I don’t want anything remotely close to a one score game, never mind a one point game..😉

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Streveler can do whatever Nichols does because he’s a highly valued prospect. But, in a game situation we’re talking experience, and Streveler isn’t there yet. But, each time he goes in, he gets it. If we see Streveler tonight, it’ll be because the situation is under control and it won’t be on a full time basis. 🏈 I don’t say nay, but rather, na...for now.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

That would come as a surprise to me-that has not been O'Shea's modus operandi thus far. Besides, if Nichols is hot, why not let him kick sand in the Argos' faces all night long? I thought that Toronto had better coaching than has been evident thus far.

Well in case you didn't see it, J5V says Streveler can do everything Nichols can do which I take to include "kicking sand in faces," so ... Yeah lol

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Twitter is saying the BOmbers went too far by taking a shot at the Argos attendance. 3DN had to write a blog about it....lotta indignation out there today.

I'm getting so tired at how people get pissy about stupid ****. Which I suppose makes me a hypocrite...but honestly...if people want to get upset about banter between social media teams of CFL organizations...they should probably reexamine their lives.