EDM @ BC

7 hours ago, Atomic said:

It happens.... the CFL is so small. O'Shea was a ST coach for four years before becoming a head coach. I put more of the blame on Jarious Jackson for a poor offence and Ed Hervey for not having any good receivers besides Burnham.

This, plus when you're the DC of the league's best defense with the cup to show for, you're going to get job offers.  Sometimes the gamble pays off, sometimes it doesn't just like people who figured even with Franklin's limited body of work he'd be a great QB.  Ended up being not the case, but at the time you can understand why he got picked up.

Another argument could also be that Buono stuck around a bit too long and should have had a new chapter turned a few seasons before.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

One thing the Lions did accomplish, they turned Harris into a game manager...276 yards passing and 2 TDs.

Mike Reilly meanwhile had 157 yards passing...total. That’s like a couple of passes each to Derel Walker and Williams last year.

Attention Nichols detractors .... Here's some great fodder for your witch hunt .. or not lol

“That’s an embarrassing game. That’s one of the most embarrassing games I have ever been a part of. (We were) just getting physically manhandled, all 12 guys on the field, offence, defence, special teams. It can’t get worse than that. so it has to get better. It’s up to us to make the changes necessary and figure out how to get better.” - Mike Reilly

"This is the tipping point of the season. Do we reload and answer or do we wallow in self-pity," said Lions head coach DeVone Claybrooks.

👁‍🗨 Self-pity oh crooked hat, self-pity.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

“That’s an embarrassing game. That’s one of the most embarrassing games I have ever been a part of. (We were) just getting physically manhandled, all 12 guys on the field, offence, defence, special teams. It can’t get worse than that. so it has to get better. It’s up to us to make the changes necessary and figure out how to get better.” - Mike Reilly

"This is the tipping point of the season. Do we reload and answer or do we wallow in self-pity," said Lions head coach DeVone Claybrooks.

It can’t get worse than that.

Argos and Riders are like, hold my beer. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I think Reilly is delusional if he thinks it can't get worse. He walked away from the game. Worse is when he gets carted or stretchered off.

I don't want to see it but it's going to happen.

So Hervey spent all of his cash on one O lineman and couldn't/can't afford an upgrade on the rest of the line....Real good gm move there Herve....The protection for their 700,000 dollar man looks pretty thin and If they want Riley to survive the rest of the year they better make a move to shore that up.....Otherwise the next man to hit their six game will be the most expensive player in the league..Quite a crap kicking last night

We know Reilly is a great QB. He's a perennial star. But if this was his 1st season in the league, what we be saying about him? Probably that he sucks and has no future in the CFL. Hmmm.

Maybe QB's need a lot of talent around them to succeed.

Maybe some of those QB's we had come and go in Bomber camp for the last 20 years or so weren't so bad...maybe our surrounding talent wasn't good enough.

Maybe no one should be paying a QB in this league $700,000 a year. And maybe it's time (once again?) for a cap on QB salaries. Just my thoughts.

24 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Power went out at the lake at 13 to 3 for Esks.  I assume matters did not improve for the Leo's after that. Speaking of the Lions, where is Lyin' Guy?  Wasn't he touteing the Lions as contenders in the west prior to the season?  Has he been banned already?  I'd like to get his take on the disaster so far.

I can only assume there is a lot of "We started 0-5 in 2011" going on with that always shrinking fan base.

Perhaps there’s a miscommunication in the BC film room. 

It’s the DEFENCE that supposed to limit the amount of points scored against you, not the OFFENCE limiting the amount of points scored for you...

Repeat..

And you can be assured that next year the O-Line will be required to show up at training camp at the same time as the others..

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Perhaps there’s a miscommunication in the BC film room. 

It’s the DEFENCE that supposed to limit the amount of points scored against you, not the OFFENCE limiting the amount of points scored for you...

Repeat..

And you can be assured that next year the O-Line will be required to show up at training camp at the same time as the others..

Water under the bridge but... when do they anticipate the o line will show up this season? 

41 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So Hervey spent all of his cash on one O lineman and couldn't/can't afford an upgrade on the rest of the line....Real good gm move there Herve....The protection for their 700,000 dollar man looks pretty thin and If they want Riley to survive the rest of the year they better make a move to shore that up.....Otherwise the next man to hit their six game will be the most expensive player in the league..Quite a crap kicking last night

The obvious first step is to bring in 3 or 4 seasoned Imports to shore up their O-line, that's where the Bombers started rebuilding from 3 short years ago.  Right now the only Import they have is Figueroa who was replaced by Foucault when he went down early last night, leaving them with 5 Natl's across the board.  There are always a few good Import linemen kicking around who have been recently cut due to the ratio game that could help them out, including Travis Bond  currently sitting on the Esks. PR.  They can make do by playing whatever little Natl. talent they have at less critical positions.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

Outlook is not good right now; bad teams, in big cities, that are iffy about the league to start with.

Not sure how that is either sustainable, or fixable.

There are guys playing on BC O line who aren't even close to good enough to be in the CFL. What a mess Hervey made.

Just imagine how talk around the water-cooler describes that game, 6-8 bystanders hear the conversation and formulate or confirm opinions, not good.

11 hours ago, Zontar said:

Lots of questions surrounding Lions. Dumpster, garbage, diaper or tire fire?

diapers don't burn... does that help??

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He never should have been there in the first place. A guy with just 5 years coaching experience, three as a DC is given the reigns as a CFL HC.

Mike O'Shea had less experience... Claybrooks obviously hasn't looked great so far but it's a little ridiculous to write off a coach after 4 games...

27 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The obvious first step is to bring in 3 or 4 seasoned Imports to shore up their O-line, that's where the Bombers started rebuilding from 3 short years ago.  Right now the only Import they have is Figueroa who was replaced by Foucault when he went down early last night, leaving them with 5 Natl's across the board.  There are always a few good Import linemen kicking around who have been recently cut due to the ratio game that could help them out, including Travis Bond  currently sitting on the Esks. PR.  They can make do by playing whatever little Natl. talent they have at less critical positions.

This makes the most sense... By my count that had 9 starting Canadians last night... 4 OL, 3WR, MLB and a corner... get two imports on that line and start from there..

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

Screw the cap and protect your number one asset. Chances are even if they are projected to be over the cut by signing some imports for the OL injury saving will likely keep them under.

There's a certain player that they could cut and their offence would be none-the-worse. 

Carter, Duran.