EDM @ BC

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

All I can say is I'd hate to be in Claybrooks's shoes right now.  He got his work cut out for him big time now

He never should have been there in the first place. A guy with just 5 years coaching experience, three as a DC is given the reigns as a CFL HC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He never should have been there in the first place. A guy with just 5 years coaching experience, three as a DC is given the reigns as a CFL HC.

It happens.... the CFL is so small. O'Shea was a ST coach for four years before becoming a head coach. I put more of the blame on Jarious Jackson for a poor offence and Ed Hervey for not having any good receivers besides Burnham.

I think that tells you how good the guys around Chungh were here in Winnipeg. He certainly isn't playing like a guy who is a leader on that team. Reilly understandably looks like he's shell shocked. Sometimes money isn't what it's cracked up to be.  I don't know if Claybrooks will make it to the end of the season. This team could go 1-17.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

It happens.... the CFL is so small. O'Shea was a ST coach for four years before becoming a head coach. I put more of the blame on Jarious Jackson for a poor offence and Ed Hervey for not having any good receivers besides Burnham.

Lemar Durant was invisible tonight.

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The worst thing about this game is it's just boring. All I wanted was to sit and watch an entertaining football game tonight. Lame. 

No kidding, you know the only people watching this game to the end are rapidly dwindling CFL fanatics.  What are they going to do when TSN comes back at them with a substantially lower "take it or leave it" offer for the broadcast rights?  Time to turn up the lights and realize rampant free agency has been a disaster for the on field product and competent team building.

yeah...several figured that...I had no concerns really with oline...thought there might be some bumps with learning curve a bit...but that seems to be very very minor

Having the bookends we do helps a lot, and the fact the 3 new guys were all here from 1-3 yrs prior to this year was huge too with 2 of the 3 being first round talents....and we still have 2 other first round talents being groomed as well as Neufeld on the 6 game...we are in a good spot depth and talent wise to sustain O-line dominance for quite a few years right now 

Even though Bryant just turned 33 this year, and Hardrick 29 we are good there too..Bryant shows no sign of decline at all and I bet has a good 2 years after this year...same with Yoshi

Edited by Booch

I watched up until the mid point of the 3rd quarter.

I saw a very undisciplined BC lions give Edmonton great field on boneheaded penalties and piss poor special teams.  Didn't they say the average start of Edmontons first 6 drives was at mid field?   

That o-line needs an overhaul pronto.    The team needs an asskicking as they have given up.   

I wonder if Wally gets a call by labour day....

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No kidding, you know the only people watching this game to the end are rapidly dwindling CFL fanatics.  What are they going to do when TSN comes back at them with a substantially lower "take it or leave it" offer for the broadcast rights?  Time to turn up the lights and realize rampant free agency has been a disaster for the on field product and competent team building.

You know it's blasphemy to suggest we need restricted free agency.  Or that 1 year contracts hurt the league more than help it. Or that fans can't really identify with players if a large number of them move around as free agents.  Not supposed to talk about it.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Outlook is not good right now; bad teams, in big cities, that are iffy about the league to start with.

Not sure how that is either sustainable, or fixable.

There are guys playing on BC O line who aren't even close to good enough to be in the CFL. What a mess Hervey made.

Edited by Mark F