EDM @ BC

Edmonton's offence has racked up 92 points so far, and quarterback Trevor Harris has already tossed for 1,086 yards in his first three games of the year. He has yet to throw a single interception.: Wide receiver DaVaris Daniels is expected to play his first game for the Eskimos on Thursday.

The Lions have given up 125 points this season, more than any other team in the league. On the offensive side, B.C. has scored 96 points — fourth in the CFL behind Hamilton, Calgary and Saskatchewan.

Edmonton had 13 penalties for 139 yards in their last outing, a 28-21 loss to Winnipeg on June 27.😩

https://www.tsn.ca/b-c-lions-look-to-eliminate-late-mistakes-in-rematch-with-edmonton-eskimos-1.1335796M.

I think Lions middle linebacker Herdman reed is slow. Go at him.

My only prediction for this game:  Reilly will be pummeled. a lot.

Edited by Mark F

-“Like I say all the time, we have the best running back tandem in the league, period." - Claybrooks. 

👁‍🗨Yes but, can they both block?

-BC has a 29-3 scoring edge in 1st Quarters this year (+26)

but have been outscored 122-67 (-55) thereafter.

Impressive...

-Odell Willis made 5 different types of Defensive Plays last week: Sack, Tackle, Forced fumble, Tkl for Loss and Pass Knockdown.

29 minutes ago, White Out said:

Ideally both Alberta teams lose this weekend and we can crush TO, putting some distance early in the season.

I'm a little less worried about EDM with us having a game up on em atm.  It's the Stamps I want to see get the kibosh put on in Tim Hortons Field.

22 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I'm a little less worried about EDM with us having a game up on em atm.  It's the Stamps I want to see get the kibosh put on in Tim Hortons Field.

I could be wrong, but I do worry about Edmonton and Harris/Gable. They have a lot to offer on O. Like BC they have a bad D tho.

I'm a born skeptic but a big part of me believes we're far and away the best team in the west this year

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

-“Like I say all the time, we have the best running back tandem in the league, period." - Claybrooks. 

👁‍🗨Yes but, can they both block?

Logan & Stanback, say, "You sure about that?" 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Impressive...

-Odell Willis made 5 different types of Defensive Plays last week: Sack, Tackle, Forced fumble, Tkl for Loss and Pass Knockdown.

Not as impressive... all against Toronto.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

D_O-blIUYAAATna?format=png&name=small

Hmmm...are there any take-backs in free agency? Or can Reilly say 'I was just kidding' and get back to Edmonton? - Derek Taylor

This really does solidify Reilly as the marquee QB in the CFL... just needs a legit OC

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

This really does solidify Reilly as the marquee QB in the CFL... just needs a legit OC

Disagree.  Damn near everyone Calgary has had at QB but especially BLM have out performed him behind much cheaper OL for years.  They don't have this problem.  Reilly's style is a problem, and he sure as hell isn't adjusting for anybody.

His style is to throw deep & rely on his receivers to make the big catch but even with Bryan Burnham & Lemar Durant he doesn't have the receivers to make those contested catches. He isn't like Harris or Mitchell who are happy to go on 12 play drives throwing short & medium passes all night long. He is impatient & wants it all on one play.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree.  Damn near everyone Calgary has had at QB but especially BLM have out performed him behind much cheaper OL for years.  They don't have this problem.  Reilly's style is a problem, and he sure as hell isn't adjusting for anybody.

Cmon they are not calling a run game...  it’s ridiculous 

put Reilly with Dickenson and you have a legacy