CGY @ Ham - Time For The Stamps To Get Reality Checked And Have Lunch Money Stolen

Well news was posted here if anyone is a subscriber

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/article-tiger-cats-linebacker-simoni-lawrence-meets-with-arbitrator-regarding/

Im not paying to read that but there it is ...

Meantime ... A bigger question is how big Sean Thomas Erlington's loss will be and if Maleek Irons will step up.  Hopefully so

Big statement game here for both teams

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

TiCats get Stanbacked last weekend and yet somehow 5/6 of the cfl.ca writers picked them to beat the Stamps? I don't get it.

Week_5_2019_Writer_Picks-1600x1600.png

Wow, call me shocked considering the Arbuckle train was rolling full steam and here I thought they had all jumped on it.  Anyhow, I care more about who the TV panel thinks will win.

Well, even he would have to know you'd have to be all kinds of crazy to go picking Toronto unless you had some kind of insider information that the game was going to be fixed or something.

I am a little curious behind what got him picking BC tonight, and if the Als have suddenly got new believers, or if it's just a case of Dom Davis suddenly falling out of favor?

OK, am I completely out to lunch on thinking the Lions could win tonight? They were winning 11-0 in Edmonton before the wheels came off, and home advantage carries weight for many teams. Think Reilly can bounce back after last week's game, and as much as BC is 1-3 with a questionable win against the Argos last week, I am reminded that they have had a meat grinder of a schedule to start the year (Winnipeg home game they were leading until a shocking conversion block flipped the momentum, then 3 straight on the road where they led in all games and frankly gave away a win in Calgary). How much will the short week (5 days) vs. a bye-week-rested Eskimo team make a difference?

47 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

OK, am I completely out to lunch on thinking the Lions could win tonight? They were winning 11-0 in Edmonton before the wheels came off, and home advantage carries weight for many teams. Think Reilly can bounce back after last week's game, and as much as BC is 1-3 with a questionable win against the Argos last week, I am reminded that they have had a meat grinder of a schedule to start the year (Winnipeg home game they were leading until a shocking conversion block flipped the momentum, then 3 straight on the road where they led in all games and frankly gave away a win in Calgary). How much will the short week (5 days) vs. a bye-week-rested Eskimo team make a difference?

Nope, I think the Lions could win too. Although, Nye picked the Lions and that guy is a tool. 

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lions COULD win, but it's unlikely. BC hasn't shown they can stop the pressure and Edmonton has shown to be good at bringing pressure.

But BC didn't try to establish the run game the last time, and they seemed to have learned their lesson since in diversifying their playbook. But yeah, the Edmonton pressure will have to be much better handled for sure.

If BC doesn't get a couple of wins the next few weeks it is going to be almost impossible to make the playoffs.

They have Edmonton, Ssk, Ssk the next three, have already lost to Us and Calgary, and will have lost the season series against Edmonton if they lose tonight. 

Edited by Geebrr

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If BC doesn't get a couple of wins the next few weeks it is going to be almost impossible to make the playoffs.

They have Edmonton, Ssk, Ssk the next three, have already lost to Us and Calgary, and will have lost the season series against Edmonton if they lose tonight. 

Yup and even more so if Montreal beats Ottawa tomorrow tightening up the East and lessening the chances of a crossover.  I'll be willing to bet no crossover this year, only for the second time since realignment.

55 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yup and even more so if Montreal beats Ottawa tomorrow tightening up the East and lessening the chances of a crossover.  I'll be willing to bet no crossover this year, only for the second time since realignment.

Crazy statistic. 

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 7:32 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Apparently I was. Carry on, nothing to see here.

What a disgraceful effort. OK, losing is one thing, but this is the second time in 4 weeks they just folded their tents and quit against the Eskies. Won't say the entire team yet, but they need about 25 heart transplants on that Lions squad right now. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Apparently I was. Carry on, nothing to see here.

What a disgraceful effort. OK, losing is one thing, but this is the second time in 4 weeks they just folded their tents and quit against the Eskies. Won't say the entire team yet, but they need about 25 heart transplants on that Lions squad right now. 

Difficult question, do you trust to bet against the Lions twice against the Riders?