Next Up - Toronto Comes To Town For Friday Night Football - Sellout IGF

8 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

You see some posters here believe when you put on the blue golf shirt and hat the spirits of ancient football players inhabit your body and you absorb all the past insults and calamities so that you are consumed with a burning rage for revenge. Or maybe some people are just stupid.

Lol ya think?

13 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm worried for this next game not because it's a trap game but because of the bulletin Argos board material that Jefferson made for them. - "How 'bout that Smoke, come down to Winnipeg!"

That might be true if that's what he said. But he actually said "I'm about that smoke" Not how bout that smoke....anyway...carry on.

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I bet Willie was referring to the smoke in the air in Wpg.  from the forest fires and doesn't have a clue either.  

No. I'm about that smoke is just a saying. It's like someone saying, I'm about that life. Or I'm all for smacking you in the mouth, that's how I am. Or I'm all for getting in fisticuffs if needed. Etc etc. Lol it literally has nothing to do with a region or city.

"I'm about that smoke" and "come on down to Winnipeg" are 2 completely different things said by a guy who was really fired up.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm singling out this post, but really, everyone who responded to my OP on this topic....................none of your answers make any sense. Why the **** would Osh care about the Glenn thing? He was on the other team. He doesn't give a **** that the Bombers ended up losing the 07 GC. Andrew Harris?? I promise you he doesn't care about that. This team has repeatedly said that current rosters/regimes are not responsible for past failings and having nothing to do with them. 

TLDR: Anything that happened in 2007 has absolutely zero meaning to anyone on this team...........except maybe Brad Fotty. That was a good answer.

Then why did you ask if you knew the answer?

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I bet Willie was referring to the smoke in the air in Wpg.  from the forest fires and doesn't have a clue either.  

Or perhaps the fact that bombs usually have smoke or mushroom clouds coming up from them, and they been dropping heavily on opponents lately.

Kinda reminds me of a popular Hendrix tune (sorry Jimi)

Big Blue Haze, all in their brain
Football things just don't seem the same
Not so funny, but we all know why
Excuses, while they miss the try

Big Blue Haze, all around
Bombers move that ball, right up and down
Those teams unhappy and in misery.
Whatever it is, O'Shea put a spell on me

Help them, help them
Oh no no... No

Yeah
Big Blue Haze all in their eyes
They don't just know, if it's day or night
They got them blowin, blowin their mind
and lose tomorrow, tilll the end of time.

On 2019-07-10 at 11:56 AM, Bigblue204 said:

That might be true if that's what he said. But he actually said "I'm about that smoke" Not how bout that smoke....anyway...carry on.

Obviously the people who made the new Bombers intro heard the same thing as I did.😄