Week 4 Takeaways

Zontar

6 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Besides that, doesn't TSN have an internet streaming option now anyway for non cable subscribers?

Yeh I could have chased a streaming option. I have just been enjoying my move here and the tv watching has been last on the list of things to get done.  And honestly we have been enjoying the lack of connection with the rest of the world.   680 cjob is fun... so all good and thanks for all the suggestions for watching

The Rulk (spit) is almost as intolerable as Big Sexy Dawg (spit) so anything he/she says is garbage whether it is good or bad. Please keep that garbage off our forum. I don't want to see those ass clown names on here. Now it feels like I drank coon piss or something after saying those inbred names.  

2 minutes ago, Firekid said:

The Rulk (spit) is almost as intolerable as Big Sexy Dawg (spit) so anything he/she says is garbage whether it is good or bad. Please keep that garbage off our forum. I don't want to see those ass clown names on here. Now it feels like I drank coon piss or something after saying those inbred names.  

How would you know what drinking coon piss would be like ?...... and yes I agree with you..... I was just enjoying their early season misery.  They also have a thread that is mostly complaints about their game day experiences so far this year.  

I will refrain from posting stuff from over there.

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I've always preferred a "tiered" power ranking type of system... 

Tier 1, Good Teams: Winnipeg, Calgary, Hamilton, Edmonton
Tier 2, ok-ish teams: Ottawa
Tier 3, Bad Teams: Sask, BC, Toronto, Mtl

I think BC and Montreal are going to end up being tier 2 teams while Saskatchewan and Toronto are a tier of their own because they are so bad. Ottawa, BC, and Montreal will be fighting for the last two playoff spots.

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think BC and Montreal are going to end up being tier 2 teams while Saskatchewan and Toronto are a tier of their own because they are so bad. Ottawa, BC, and Montreal will be fighting for the last two playoff spots.

I agree.  Montreal looked pretty good against Hamilton.. They didn't quit and played to the end of the game.. I believe Khari is responsible for that. All without a bonfide Starting QB. 

Toronto kept it extremely close against BC.. Maybe BC sucks that bad, or Toronto is slowly getting better.  They also don't have that great of a lineup.

Sask is a wildcard.. if they deploy alot more jet packages, i can see them coming on a bit stronger, but they are still weak at QB when playing the stronger teams.

Week 4 Takeaways

I remember the predictions for the Sask. - Calgary game. 5/6 writers had Saskatchewan beating Calgary.

Reality: nope, not even close

Saskatchewan 1-3 beat Toronto 

B.C.                  1-3 a step on the line one point victory over Toronto 

Even the Crossover playoff spot is in doubt at this point.

Montreal, B.C., Saskatchewan, all one step on the line away from the playoffs..

The highest paid receiver in the league, Derel Walker, is being wasted in Toronto..13 targets in 3 games.

BC gets a rested, better Coached team (Edmonton) for their next game - 1-4   I reilly don’t like their chances against Edmonton. I believe mike Reilly is finally wondering why he signed there. He only had Durant for a receiver last game.

Saskatchewan - bye week. Still might lose. As Brian Bennett quietly moves up the depth chart.

"We're not as good as we thought" says Riders' Coach. They have some pieces, but as a whole, they be fighting BC for 4th spot..

Edmonton - Trevor Harris back to getting great stats..Even with great stats, they still might win..

Calgary - travel to the home of the Ticats. Still questions for both teams. Masoli vs Arbuckle. Hamilton losing to Montreal when they were supposed to win. And Calgary winning against the mediocre Rider team. But Calgary, being Calgary, looked a lot better in stepping on Saskatchewan. They have the leading tackler in the CFL Cory Greenwood with 25. Nick Arbuckle - looking closer and closer to being a legit CFL QB.

Winnipeg - after what we’ve seen after week 4, this should be an injury relief game for the Bombers and a chance to reinforce their offence and defence. 

100 TD passes for QB Matt Nichols - 81 of which are with the Bombers..

Great usage of Nic Demski in the opening Q. 82 yards on his longest TD of his career.

I like where the Bombers’ headspace is at right now...

As for Toronto, their Coaching staff have a lot of boning up to do, work that should have been done already. How is Chamblin not ahead of this? Releasing Jim Barker started this.

Toronto just could not execute against BC. But there still might be some sort of execution coming up..

@grantshaw11 - Yep had those special teams coaches for a year. WORST COACHES EVER!! Wow

Ottawa - play Montreal and Stanback next, and since the Bombers rushed for 149 yards, Ottawa’s going to have to better than that. 

Ottawa did sign Jeff Knox jr., so that does help the defence.

#Argos LB Ian Wild recorded 13 tackles for the second time in his career. Only Solomon Elimimian has had two games in his career with 13+ tackles. #CFL

How confident are the #Argos in a Jacques Chapdelaine offense? 3rd and inches is a punt situation. They would punt.. 😁

Wow! Montreal just kicked the Argos butt to last place and possibly made it tougher for the crossover...signing Chris Ackie..

Vernon Adams jr. game managed his way to leading the Alouettes to victory. 14 of 25 passes and threw for 202 yards. But, he had William Stanback.

Stanback - 203 yards rushing. Very impressive.

Know where your flag is Khari. At one point Khari was thinking of challenging a call, but he didn’t have his challenge flag. Somebody had to bring it to him.😳

Hamilton lost Erlington early and suffered..Now that I hear he’s 6 gamed, that will hurt, but, they’re still the best in the East.

They also suffered thru penalties - 15 for 179 yards - Montreal had 13 for 154 yards.

Yeah I think that may become a trend...our dline takes up so much attention and makes plays that it allows our linebackers easy access to cleaning up...teams may try to establish the run...but ifbit appears to be a no go..they will abandon it

Another thing which is helping is Wilson is ultra quick in getting to the play and recognizing things.. so even if he isnt making the primary or initial tackle he is influencing where play ends up going much like Jeffersons presence on the dline....Wilson is much faster reacting and getting to the ball carrier than JSK was

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think that may become a trend...our dline takes up so much attention and makes plays that it allows our linebackers easy access to cleaning up...teams may try to establish the run...but ifbit appears to be a no go..they will abandon it

Another thing which is helping is Wilson is ultra quick in getting to the play and recognizing things.. so even if he isnt making the primary or initial tackle he is influencing where play ends up going much like Jeffersons presence on the dline....Wilson is much faster reacting and getting to the ball carrier than JSK was

Yup, we could see that from the get-go, in the BC game....

I have to say after 4 weeks I am impressed by a few things that I was maybe worried about earlier before the season started or had high expectations for.

1. Jeff Hecht - He has proven to be better than I thought he would be. He is not a game changer but he has been adequate in his role and I especially like the attitude he has on the field!

2. Kyrie Wilson - He also has impressed me! I agree fully with what Booch mentioned above about him. A pleasant surprise for me! 

3. Nic Demski - Although I still get nervous when he is catching the ball, he has so far been more constant then he has been in the past which is very good! He is slowly making a fan of me. I am very happy to eat crow on this topic!

4. Interior O-Line - Very happy to see some quick progression happen with this line. It has been bumpy but not as bumpy as it could have been. These guys are getting their stuff together and are showing improvement every game which is all we could hope for! They have the nasty attitude that makes an O-Line feared by other teams and hated by other fans which is exactly where we want them!

5. The Defense - I had very high expectations on them and so far they have over achieved! They have made Mike Reilly and Trevor Harris both look like Dom Davis and it can only get better as they gel together even further! 

6. The Depth - This is the area that so far has impressed me the most. Thankfully the Bombers have not seen as much in the injury department as other teams but when we have had injuries the depth players have stepped up and not missed a beat! 

7. Punt / Kick Coverage Teams - There are record setters on this team and it shows on the field in winning the field position battles so far this season which is where good teams become great teams.  

Go get em Boys and I wish for health for the whole team both on and off the field! 

10 minutes ago, Firekid said:

4. Interior O-Line - Very happy to see some quick progression happen with this line. It has been bumpy but not as bumpy as it could have been. These guys are getting their stuff together and are showing improvement every game which is all we could hope for! They have the nasty attitude that makes an O-Line feared by other teams and hated by other fans which is exactly where we want them!

I think this also reflects extremely well on Hardrick and Bryant. They must be heckava teammates to bring these guys in and not miss a beat. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think this also reflects extremely well on Hardrick and Bryant. They must be heckava teammates to bring these guys in and not miss a beat.

I have to agree. Just to prove this if you look over in BC there is a witch hunt on for Chungh right now saying how bad he is. Coincidence? I think not because the same thing happened to Bond when he went to Sackstenchewan. Bryant and Hardrick both help to make the interior guys better. 

10 minutes ago, Firekid said:

I have to agree. Just to prove this if you look over in BC there is a witch hunt on for Chungh right now saying how bad he is. Coincidence? I think not because the same thing happened to Bond when he went to Sackstenchewan. Bryant and Hardrick both help to make the interior guys better. 

It's the old adage about a chain only being as strong as it's weakest link. It takes more than 1 player to have a good offensive line. All those guys have to work together.

Agreed about Bryant and Hardrick but Hardrick has to play smarter. He took two really bad penalties last game, one that took away a touchdown and another that took away a first down. The fact that we still scored on that drive is why no one is talking about that dumb first penalty. That said, it did add to our TOP 😆 

Just now, O2L said:

Agreed about Bryant and Hardrick but Hardrick has to play smarter. He took two really bad penalties last game, one that took away a touchdown and another that took away a first down. The fact that we still scored on that drive is why no one is talking about that dumb first penalty. That said, it did add to our TOP 😆 

Was that the UR penalty? Cause if so I am OK with the occasional penalty to set the tone.

7 minutes ago, O2L said:

I liked the penalty. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Was that the UR penalty? Cause if so I am OK with the occasional penalty to set the tone.

The Redblacks were taking liberties and Hardrick simply showed them that that would not be tolerated.