B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

34 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah, Rashaun Simonise dropped two catchable balls in that game and depending on the direction they go for receivers, I can’t see him being kept on as a National receiver with a performance like that. His biggest chance..wasted.

A whole budding career is being wasted. Simonise had all the physical tools but lacked something critical.

49 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What I wonder about is BC's scouting. Burnham gets hurt and you have to start 4 NI WR?

I imagine Hervey benefited greatly from the player personnel Paul Jones brought to Edm., Wally's P.P.  guy left when he retired.  So Ed is now relying on Torey Hunter formerly a regional scout with the Esks.  who he brought over with him when he moved to the Lions.  Rigmaiden, Wally's US scout abandoned ship shortly afterward. and joined the Bombers.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Over the years, in a number of places, ole Morris would go through a number of cycles:

1.  The kinda amusing one with some ok nicknames
2.  The not so amusing one with some pretty bad ones
3.  Wildly alternating between pulling victim card and crazy Robo posting
4.  Site ejection

Since we're in the mood for nostalgia, I wonder if old Bronco ever made it face to face with Lord Lyle? Didn't Bauer invite him to a parlez once?

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A whole budding career is being wasted. Simonise had all the physical tools but lacked something critical.

I think it was brains/unwarranted overconfidence. I think the whole going down to the show made him overconfident in his skills and he figures he can just show up and be handed a spot instead of putting in the extra work on his craft. You might look like a football player but if you cant catch....

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not to detract from the Nate bashing, but did anyone notice Simonise whiff on a totally catchable ball?  That kid must be on his last chance now....

The commentators even made a point of saying he's dropped several catchable balls.  

16 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

What I wonder about is BC's scouting. Burnham gets hurt and you have to start 4 NI WR?

Well honestly, considering the lacklustre import receivers we’ve scouted, that’s something we should be doing when guys get hurt. I would rather have Peterman in the lineup than most of our backup Americans.

I mean four might be excessive, but it makes sense to give a guy like Simonise a shot. Simonise just quite literally dropped the ball.

Edited by Blueandgold