B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

My opinion of the Riders to start the year was that they weren't going to be as good as last year, but then they won a couple of games and looked pretty decent doing it.  This certainly must be a let-down game for a lot of fans.  A lot of season left.  And that crossover will likely be open until the end.

Put the drink down. They won 1 game, against the worst team in the league....and that's putting it lightly.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Posts like this make you sound like you don't know anything about football. Jefferson has 2 tackles and one sack, ditto for Jeffcoat. Hughes has 12 tackles and 5 sacks and leads the league in qb pressure and sacks.  Willies half price replacement has 11 tackles and 4 sacks. Pretty obvious who was opening things up for Jefferson last year isn't it? Micah has no sacks and has second most qb pressures in the league.  Only Hamilton has more sacks than us with 14, we have 12.  You have 4, only Toronto and Montreal have less than you with 2 each.  So other than blind hatred, your argument about our line being trash doesn't really stand up does it?.  

Guess we will have to settle for no stats AND no Touchdowns.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Put the drink down. They won 1 game, against the worst team in the league....and that's putting it lightly.

They also put up 41 points in a loss the week before. And in the first week against Hamilton they played good enough defense to win despite losing their starting QB. Nothing crazy to think they had some momentum heading into this werks game

Just now, BBlink said:

They also put up 41 points in a loss the week before. And in the first week against Hamilton they played good enough defense to win despite losing their starting QB. Nothing crazy to think they had some momentum heading into this werks game

I was simply replying to your statement about them winning "a couple games". They haven't. They beat one of the worst teams the CFL has seen in years. Ssk sucks. And will only get worse as time goes on.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

You are correct. But it isn't because the front four is making plays against the run. The 6 guys on your depth chart at front four positions has combined for 19 tackles. our same 6 players have 42 tackles. 

My question would be in how many chances? Our defence has spent less time on the field and fewer offensive plays against. 

That had to figure in your  “reasoning” somewhere doesn’t it?

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I was simply replying to your statement about them winning "a couple games". They haven't. They beat one of the worst teams the CFL has seen in years. Ssk sucks. And will only get worse as time goes on.

Oh right yeah that was a blip in my memory for sure. Woops

9 hours ago, Geebrr said:

BC is going to shred the Riders 

Not so sure. Neither team keeps the other teams' coaches awake at night, so it ought to be a close game and maybe even an entertaining one, so long as the Riders lose.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm not so sure BC could shred a head of cabbage strategically placed on the 35 yd. line.  It might be close.

“The Roughriders were 3.5-point favourites this week against the bye.’’

19 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Okay.... for starters, at most during the regular season you get 2 home games against a divisional opponent, so that's just not possible, but since you asked, here's the game dates and attendance:

Friday, July 7 (CAL) - 30,165
Thursday, August 17 (EDM) - 30,554
Saturday, September 9 (SSK) - 33,134

Saturday, September 8 (SSK) - 33,134

Its a big rivalry game. We do well also when Bombers are here.  Very concerning we didn't sell out against Stamps. That's a game that usually sells out

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its a big rivalry game. We do well also when Bombers are here.  Very concerning we didn't sell out against Stamps. That's a game that usually sells out

Maybe casual/fair weather fans dont want to watch the disaster that is unfolding? 

17 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm not so sure BC could shred a head of cabbage strategically placed on the 35 yd. line.  It might be close.

Reilly finding out that Rutley has bounced around because he’s a lazy blocker...

On 2019-07-07 at 12:19 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hey Ripper, how's your qb situation? You have a lot more to worry about with your team than we do with ours.  That Pick 6 Fajardo threw to Roberson was majestic. I have to admit I thought about you as Roberson ran into the end zone & started to laugh.

I usually think of ripper about two hours after I eat mall sushi. His posts = mall sushi aftermath

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Over the years, in a number of places, ole Morris would go through a number of cycles:

1.  The kinda amusing one with some ok nicknames
2.  The not so amusing one with some pretty bad ones
3.  Wildly alternating between pulling victim card and crazy Robo posting
4.  Site ejection

5. Not getting laid in over 30 years.