B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

21 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

This is just straight up false. We broke 29,000 3x in 2017, and once in 2018. Don't spout lies.

How many were against us?  Probably 3

Edited by Ripper

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Posts like this make you sound like you don't know anything about football. Jefferson has 2 tackles and one sack, ditto for Jeffcoat. Hughes has 12 tackles and 5 sacks and leads the league in qb pressure and sacks.  Willies half price replacement has 11 tackles and 4 sacks. Pretty obvious who was opening things up for Jefferson last year isn't it? Micah has no sacks and has second most qb pressures in the league.  Only Hamilton has more sacks than us with 14, we have 12.  You have 4, only Toronto and Montreal have less than you with 2 each.  So other than blind hatred, your argument about our line being trash doesn't really stand up does it?.  

Here are my thoughts - I think your DL including Hughes and Micah have fattened their stats against the bottom dwellers such as Toronto. Against Calgary by way of example they were only average. Let's see what happens against the better Olines as the season progresses. Hughes will tire out as the season progresses and especially if your offense can not stay on the field. I still like Hughes and he does bring it game in and game out  but if he has stay on the field for long periods of time over the season he will just plain wear out. 

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Posts like this make you sound like you don't know anything about football. Jefferson has 2 tackles and one sack, ditto for Jeffcoat. Hughes has 12 tackles and 5 sacks and leads the league in qb pressure and sacks.  Willies half price replacement has 11 tackles and 4 sacks. Pretty obvious who was opening things up for Jefferson last year isn't it? Micah has no sacks and has second most qb pressures in the league.  Only Hamilton has more sacks than us with 14, we have 12.  You have 4, only Toronto and Montreal have less than you with 2 each.  So other than blind hatred, your argument about our line being trash doesn't really stand up does it?.  

Riders have also played one more game and had a softer schedule

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

And yet teams cant run against our dline...havnt lost...and gave up 1 touchdown all year

Let's revisit Hughes in about game 11 when he dissapear a for 3rd yr in row

Bighill is the guy that makes it happen. He is the best in the league and makes a huge difference in there.  That's where we struggle and you don't, that's the difference. Moncrief is a beast, is probably is the best SAM in the league. But our other 2 linebackers need to be better.  Bighill is the reason you are tough against the run. And yes I know he didn't play last week but Ottawa never tried to run the ball either, big coaching mistake IMHO. I would have been looking to expose the loss of Biggie in the middle a little more

Edited by Ripper

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

People who want to support the team and can't always make it. Its wanting to make sure there is a team there in the first place. A concept probably over your head if you had to ask in the first place

Sounds more like bandwagon jumpers who are now realizing watching the riders ain't that much fun.  

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Jeffcoat was number 3 in QB hurries before last game btw..and that was bnb only in 2 games...if your gonna throw around stats at least know them

Yes he was, I knew that and should have mentioned that

22 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Hughes is invisible.Do you watch Rider games? If he is not getting some gimme sack he does nothing. 

Micah Johnson is the highest paid defensive player and a non factor. 

You're talking about our Dline which has given up Jack against the run and part of a D that has given up 1 TD in 3 games.

Posts like that make me think you don't anything football  🤡

Honestly, save your dumb **** for RF.com 

Edited by Geebrr

Blue Bombers are allowing 42.7 rushing yards per game against. The Riders are giving up 95.5 rushing yards per game. Heck, we've given up 128 in 3 games, the Riders gave up 129 last night. Riders have more sacks but I'd love to see the stats involving pressures. Oh and we just gave up 24 rushing yards and 7 offensive points to Ottawa, a team the Riders surrendered 93 rushing yards to and 44 points.

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Bighill is the guy that makes it happen. He is the best in the league and makes a huge difference in there.  That's where we struggle and you don't, that's the difference. Moncrief is a beast, is probably is the best SAM in the league. But our other 2 linebackers need to be better.  Bighill is the reason you are tough against the run. And yes I know he didn't play last week but Ottawa never tried to run the ball either, big coaching mistake IMHO. I would have been looking to expose the loss of Biggie in the middle a little more

Even without Biggy the Redblacks managed 24 yards rushing.

20 minutes ago, Ripper said:

yet Bighill didnt play last game. 

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Blue Bombers are allowing 42.7 rushing yards per game against. The Riders are giving up 95.5 rushing yards per game. Heck, we've given up 128 in 3 games, the Riders gave up 129 last night. Riders have more sacks but I'd love to see the stats involving pressures. Oh and we just gave up 24 rushing yards and 7 offensive points to Ottawa, a team the Riders surrendered 93 rushing yards to and 44 points.

You are correct. But it isn't because the front four is making plays against the run. The 6 guys on your depth chart at front four positions has combined for 19 tackles. our same 6 players have 42 tackles. 

53 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I would argue a much better gauge of d-line success is not only QB sacks, but also average rushing yards against. I compiled the week 3 results (per CFL.ca) and manually added in week 4 using the official box scores...here's the total opponent rushing yards and opponent yards per attempt, by team. As well as their record:

Team - Total yards - Attempts - YDs/Attempt

WPG - 128 - 34 - 3.76 - (3-0)
CGY - 304 - 78 - 3.89 - (2-1)
OTT - 300 - 70 - 4.28 - (2-1)
TOR - 294 - 60 - 4.90 - (0-3)
SSK - 382 - 72 - 5.30 - (1-3)
BC - 486 - 90 - 5.40 (0-3)
MTL - 331 - 61 - 5.43 (1-2)
EDM - 270 - 48 - 5.62 (2-1)
HAM - 576 - 94 - 6.12 (3-1)

So in terms of stopping the run, SSK is adequate at best. Also, your argument neglects the fact SSK has played an extra game than WPG, so of course they have more stats - I would be very surprised if they didn't... they have about 40 more offensive plays to get said stats.

54 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How many were against us?  Probably 3

Okay.... for starters, at most during the regular season you get 2 home games against a divisional opponent, so that's just not possible, but since you asked, here's the game dates and attendance:

Friday, July 7 (CAL) - 30,165
Thursday, August 17 (EDM) - 30,554
Saturday, September 9 (SSK) - 33,134

Saturday, September 8 (SSK) - 33,134

48 minutes ago, Ripper said:

No biggie last game...how many yards did ott get rushing??? There goes that theory lol

They tried..and realized they couldnt...Davis couldnt either like he did against your super stars 

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

No biggie last game...how many yards did ott get rushing??? There goes that theory lol

They tried..and realized they couldnt...Davis couldnt either like he did against your super stars 

Same guy who says the offence is one dimensional.

Clueless

And biggie been invisible so far..only 6 tackles so just imagine once he gets rolling...though maybe those 6 tackles were all rush attempts and all teams figured..hmmmm dis guy purdy good..let's not rush no more hahahaha