B.C. /T.O. Calg/Sask

Mark F

11 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t necessarily blame O’Day. Name recognition is a huge part of player evaluation in the CFL. Walters has been guilty of it himself with guys like Romby Bryant. The Elimimian signing is eerily reminiscent of the Korey Banks signing years ago. Luckily, O’Shea realized he was done after TC and booted the bum. 

A possibility is he just wasn't ready to be out there yet? Likely should have waited 2 more weeks and let him play against Lions. Point is he has been here sucking a paycheck all year from us. The signing looks bad

47 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols has been in league for 10 years. Do you expect a bit more from him than you do from the backup?  Fajardo's third start of his career, so ya ok was what I thought. A 10 year vet making 500k doesn't need a defense department, he has no excuse to not be playing well. 

Doesnt make 500k but whatever.. also .700 winning percentage works for me..as it not only all on him but a TEAM game for wins..something the riders lack...TEAM

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Doesnt make 500k but whatever.. also .700 winning percentage works for me..as it not only all on him but a TEAM game for wins..something the riders lack...TEAM

Riders are used to grossly exaggerating numbers

Edited by Geebrr

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

He is winning. No one is arguing that. He willed be judged with more scrutiny as a veteran though, would you not agree? How much patience does Reilly get in BC if they keep losing?

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Micah Johnson makes twice as much and done nothing.

People are wondering about Micah. He has the second most qb hurries in league behind Hughes, but no sacks. How much is Willie making? 

34 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Obviously when Riders aren't contenders its not that much fun so the casuals stay away. The fanbase isn't uniquely loyal or dedicated. But I know the myth is un-killable.

I'm not sure about unkillable... Its been damn close in the past. They just need a good stretch of losing to thin out the masses of casuals that make up the vast majority of that fanbase. I've always maintained that Winnipeg has far more diehards but Sask has WAAAAAYYYYYY more casuals who buy anything green.... 

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He is winning. No one is arguing that. He willed be judged with more scrutiny as a veteran though, would you not agree? How much patience does Reilly get in BC if they keep losing?

If Reilly keeps losing..and they have crap around him I'd be letting him go next yr..

I think once a pro all should be scrutinized yup...but in any other offence I bet u would see Nichols more risk taking..but he isnt asked to do that here..so really judging him on his body of work is what u can do..and he wins...the TEAM wins and that's all that matters 

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

People are wondering about Micah. He has the second most qb hurries in league behind Hughes, but no sacks. How much is Willie making? 

About 70k less than Micha...and less then Shitty Evan's too lol

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

I was worried when Mitchell wasn't playing that this might happen. Team looked like we let our guard down.  Elimimium was bad. Means got picked on all night in the secondary adding many more question marks as to how he made the team. Arbuckle played ok, what was happening more was they dumped the ball when the pressure came. He was poised and ready for the heat. Attendance was 29100, but looked like about 26k in the building. I was surprised and disappointed about that. Fajardo played ok, he got pressure. He tried to force some passes that simply were not there, rookie mistake. I'm sticking with him at qb without any question.  To sum up game in one sentence, One brother absolutely schooled the other in coaching. Which concerns me more than any single play that happened on the field. I haven't read all the comments , Likely most not worth it,  we lost, is what it is I guess

That's good. Because you have no other option but to stick with Fajardo. Which makes the rest of the league very happy. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

But but but, all I heard from the mistake to the left before this season was how great their defense was still going to be, it didn't matter who they lost, they got even better because they signed a bunch of 40 year olds, and they were just going to repeat their ridiculous and completely un-repeatable fluky stats from last year. It was going to be such a good defense again that they didn't need a great QB, they were just going to become the 2000 Baltimore Ravens and win it all!!! Collaros was going to be their Dilfer!!!!

Id expect that from the mindless zombie hoard of melonheads but it wasn't just the koolaid drinking fans I heard this from. Pretty much everything I watched and read about the upcoming 2019 season was the "elite" Rider defense this, and the "best D" in the league that. All the while thinking to myself how anyone with a brain bigger than a pea could possibly think that their defense could be anywhere near as good after losing their defensive architect as well as Jefferson, Eguavoen, and Antigha.

I really do think it's the crystal methamphetamine. Even their mascot is wired on the stuff, just look at his eyes. 

Q: What do you have in a room full of Rider tweakers? A: A complete set of teeth! 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Also can someone tell Davis Sanchez that Chris Rainey is on Toronto and not BC.

He's not getting any better as a commentator, is he?

19 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

That's good. Because you have no other option but to stick with Fajardo. Which makes the rest of the league very happy. 

We don't have any choice. True story. High debateable and risky decision to start the year with Collaros. Now it is what it is

Anyways guys. Every time I post the thread apparently gets derailed into a Nichols debate. So no more discussion about him by me so I won't be seen as trolling about it.  I won't be responding to any posts regarding the subject.

Edited by Ripper

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We don't have any choice. True story. High debateable and risky decision to start the year with Collaros. Now it is what it is

Well at least u have the common sense to see that..and what an error that was right from get go

33 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You certainly have a lot of excuses for your team.

WJ is making way less and doing way more. Your Dline is trash.

Just now, Booch said:

Well at least u have the common sense to see that..and what an error that was right from get go

They tried for Reilly and Mitchelll, but neither had any intentions of coming here in the first place. Bombers should thank us though for one thing, we drove the price up that BC had to pay and the results are showing on the field. No one else any good was available. We should have just went with the rookies right out of camp, we would be further ahead, but whatever. Doesn't matter now

The cause of the Riders website being down all the time has finally been determined.

They can't string three W's together.

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

They tried for Reilly and Mitchelll, but neither had any intentions of coming here in the first place. Bombers should thank us though for one thing, we drove the price up that BC had to pay and the results are showing on the field. No one else any good was available. We should have just went with the rookies right out of camp, we would be further ahead, but whatever. Doesn't matter now

They tried for Harris, Jennings, Lulay, and probably even Ricky Ray.

They didn't want Collaros back. What should they have done when  nobody wanted to go there? 

I guess orchestrate a trade..but the sever lack of depth there most likely prevented that.

I also think it's a tough sell going there moving forward with the coaching staff..they may have to do a total tear down from GM on down there...gm..hc. coordinators all seem overwhelmed and not capable

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Announced 29 means that what was paid ticket count, might seem tricky for you because that never happens in your stadium. People here travel far to games so they buy in advance and don't always make it. 2 of our 6 tickets were empty yesterday but all 6 are paid for. Want me to get a graph for you so you can understand?

This is just straight up false. We broke 29,000 3x in 2017, and once in 2018. Don't spout lies.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You certainly have a lot of excuses for your team.

WJ is making way less and doing way more. Your Dline is trash.

Posts like this make you sound like you don't know anything about football. Jefferson has 2 tackles and one sack, ditto for Jeffcoat. Hughes has 12 tackles and 5 sacks and leads the league in qb pressure and sacks.  Willies half price replacement has 11 tackles and 4 sacks. Pretty obvious who was opening things up for Jefferson last year isn't it? Micah has no sacks and has second most qb pressures in the league.  Only Hamilton has more sacks than us with 14, we have 12.  You have 4, only Toronto and Montreal have less than you with 2 each.  So other than blind hatred, your argument about our line being trash doesn't really stand up does it?.